This week, Amazon launched a new product wave at a US press conference, but on the other side of the world it is more interested in the physical retail of the Indian market.
US e-commerce giant acquires 49% of More in trading on Amazon Samara Capital of Partner and Private Equity Enterprises will purchase the remaining 51%. Amazon and Samara have created an entity called Witzig Advisory Services Private Limited. According to media in India, it holds about $ 585 million worth of shares. This regulation makes it impossible for Amazon to possess the entire company and local partners will secure a majority.
This is important as it represents Amazon's big step forward in Indian retailing, one of the rapidly growing world markets. Of course, when he bought Whole Foods for about $ 16 billion last year, he jumped to offline sales in the US, but this Indian based acquisition is strategic.
Amazon fights Flipkart According to a recent PWC report, China dominates the Indian e-commerce market and is expected to quadruple to $ 150 billion in 2022. Indian rivals traded $ 17 billion in early this year, which was acquired by Wal-Mart, a major rival in the United States.
With this acquisition Wal-Mart He is also active in the field of e-commerce in India and also utilizes Flipkart's technology and experience that Wal-Mart sought to explore, offering opportunities to further evolve and evolve into other emerging markets.
Now, this More product, Amazon has become a strong position in the core business of Walmart. Until now, Amazon operates a limited number of fulfillment centers in India. Following another investment that Amazon dominates Fintech Tapzo's startup, as part of the initiative to strengthen its own settlement service in India,
Hope you like the news:
Amazon will deploy offline retailing in India -
#Stay Tuned For More Updates :)