Apple released Safari 12 on Monday of macOS Sierra and Sierra. Several new features have been added, including more advanced password management, adding web icons on tabs, improving security, and Apple's efforts to cross-site ad tracking.
Apple's security update notes for Safari 12 also document three exploits that were fixed in the update.
Safari 12 Release Notes
The Safari 12 update is targeted at all MacOS High Sierra users and has been enhanced in terms of privacy, compatibility, and security. This update:
- Added ability to display web site icon on tab
- Automatically propose and enter a strong and unique password when creating an account or changing a password
- Secure password indicator in Safari preferences
- Added support to allow or block pop-ups for specific websites
- Prevent unlicensed tracking of embedded content and social media buttons between sites
- Delete ad retargeting by reducing the ability of advertisers to uniquely identify Mac devices
- Automatically disable Safari extensions that negatively affect navigation performance
- Enhanced security by supporting only existing Safari extensions that Apple has confirmed
- Stop support for most NPAPI plugins and enhance security
Safari 12 can be downloaded by updating the Mac App Store.
Hope you like the news Apple Releases Safari 12 for High Sierra and Sierra, Combats Ad-Tracking and Increases Security. Stay Tuned For More Updates 🙂