In this post, you will learn to install the Magicality addon on Kodi. Magicality is a fork of the very popular Neptune Rising add-on. Just like its predecessor Neptune Rising, Magicality addon because Kodi has a huge library of on-demand content. You mention a movie or TV show and you will probably find it here. Magicality’s scraping capabilities are also on par with Neptune Rising. I have found dozens of working links for various films and episodes. So if you missed Neptune Rising, don’t do that again. Here’s Magicality that fills right in his shoes. Let’s learn to install the Magicality addon on Kodi.
Neptune Rising was probably the biggest victim of the Blamo repo shutdown. For about a year, Neptune Rising was the top-rated Kodi addon for on-demand entertainment. You may still find Neptune Rising in some weird repos here and there, but it’s not as good as it used to be when it was part of the Blamo repo. Fortunately, I recently came across Magicality Kodi addon, that’s the fork of Neptune Rising. Magicality is as good as Neptune Rising or even better.
UPDATE: This addon does not work now. Try other add-ons from our Kodi Add-ons list.
How to Install Magicality Addon on Kodi
Third-party Kodi add-ons like Magicality addon require special permission before they can be installed. The add-ons that are not included in the official Kodi Add-on repository are considered to be from unknown third-party sources. Here’s how you can allow the installation of such add-ons:
NOTE: This addon no longer works. I propose Exodus Redux and the Magic Dragon Addon as alternatives.
1. Open the Kodi app on your device. Stay on the home screen. Click Settings
Note: Settings is the gear icon, which is located on the top left of the Kodi screen. It’s just below the Kodi logo.
2. In the next window, choose System Settings.
3. You should now see a series of items in the left sidebar of the screen. Please select Add-ons. Now go to the right side of the screen and enable the Unknown sources item
4. The next prompt says that turning on unknown sources can cause damage to your device. But it is only true if you install a suspicious, malicious one addon. Magicality Kodi addon is a safe add-on. I personally tested it.
Now that the system settings configuration is done, you are all set to install Kodi Magicality addon. Follow the steps below:
1. Go back to the homescreen of Kodi again. Again, choose Settings
2. Select in the next window File manager this time and open it
3. Now click and open the option Add source
Note: This option is on both the left and right sides of this screen. It doesn’t matter which one you click on.
4. This is the next popup window you will see. Click on the > option you see in the middle (see image)
5. A new window will now be displayed. This window has the on-screen keyboard at the bottom. Enter the following source URL: https://wilson-magic.github.io/repo/
Click on the OK button
6. Type the name of the resource you added in the previous step when you return to this window. You can choose any name you want. However, make sure the name is identifiable so you can easily find it later. You will need it.
I mention the source, Wilson. Click OK
Up until the previous step, you added the link to the source from which we will install the Magicality repository in the next steps. Finally, we will use the Magicality repo and install the Magicality Kodi addon
7. Return to the homescreen from Kodi again. When you get there, select the Add-ons option you see on the left side of the Kodi screen.
8. Navigate to the top left corner of the next Kodi screen and open it Package installer. I’m referring to the option whose icon looks like an open box (check the following image).
9. Open Install from zip file
10. Now click on the source name you added earlier. In my case it will be wilson.
11. Now open the zip file repository.magicality-0.0.4.zip
Note: Don’t worry if the version number of this zip file is not the same. Click on the zip file with the new number.
12. In about a minute you will see the Magicality Repo Add-on installed notification. It will appear in the top right corner of the window
As mentioned above, you have successfully installed the Magicality repo. Now let’s use this repo and get the Magicality addon.
13. You should now be in the same window as you see in the image I provided below. Click on the option Install from the repository
14. Open the repository Magicality Repo
15. Go ahead and click Video add-ons
16. Then click Magic
Click to install
18. Have the Magicality add-on installed on Kodi. You will see a number of notifications in the top right corner. Wait until you see it Magicality Add-on installed
Excellent! You have successfully installed the Magicality Kodi addon.
Magic Addon for Kodi: An Overview
Let’s get into the addon a little. But there is not much to explain. Magic addon because Kodi is quite simple.
Go to Kodi to access the Magicality home-screen. Click now Add-ons. Then click Video add-ons.
In this section, you will find the Magicality addon icon. Go ahead and click on the addon and open it.
The layout of the addon and the categories are very similar to Neptune Rising. The homescreen has all the regular categories, including movies, TV shows, etc.
Let’s go ahead and take a look at the categories of movies and TV shows one by one. Within the Movies category you will find regular categories such as Genres, Year, People, Languages, etc.
There are different categories of Magicality Kodi addon shares with Neptune Rising. I draw this comparison because Magicality is indeed a split from Neptune Rising.
When you open the TV shows from the main Magicality screen addon, rediscover the subcategories common to its type. You can search by genres, networks, new TV shows, new episodes, etc.
All in all, Magicality Kodi is a fork of Neptune Rising addon is very similar to its predecessor. I also noticed that it delivers the same quality streams as Neptune Rising. So it would be safe to say that Magicality is a suitable alternative to Neptune Rising.
So here we are with the Magicality Kodi addon who tries to fill the void Neptune Rising on the left. And I would say it does its job well. Magicality is new, and if you’ve never heard of it, don’t blame yourself. I only recently discovered it and as soon as I did it, I felt compelled to share it with you. I hope you’ll like it because there’s no reason not to, especially if you liked Neptune Rising. There is a large amount of content and many effective scrapers to give you the working links. Give it a try!