The Best FireStick Settings You Should Know and Change Right Now Tutorial and Steps
So here we discuss the The Best FireStick Settings You Should Know and Change Right Now, and after a lot of requests from our users here is a guide about The Best FireStick Settings You Should Know and Change Right Now.
In this article, I’ll walk you through some FireStick settings that will improve your streaming experience, your privacy, and the overall experience with the device. You can also apply the same to other Fire TV devices including FireStick 4K and Fire TV Cube.
If you set up your Amazon FireStick for the first time, your device will get its default settings (also known as factory settings). You can continue to use FireStick without having to change any settings. However, if you change some settings, FireStick can be adjusted to better suit your needs.
Best settings for FireStick
Coming up The following is the list of the various Firestick settings you can change. While you can always return to the default settings, I recommend that you keep these settings in order to enjoy Firestick to the fullest and also to preserve your privacy.
We will discuss it one by one about the different settings (not necessarily in order of priority)
1. Enable apps from unknown sources and ADB debugging
This is probably one of the first settings you should change on your Firestick / Fire TV, especially by enabling the option Apps from unknown sources.
If Apps from Unknown Sources is enabled, you can sideload and install third-party apps on FireStick. Not all apps you want are available in the Amazon Store; many of them have to be downloaded manually.
When ADB Debugging is enabled, you can use certain apps such as Mouse Toggle. You would want this option enabled if you want to connect your FireStick to a computer.
Here’s how you can do it:
- Gaining access to Settings option of the home screen of FireStick / Fire TV / Firestick 4K. You can find it at the top of the menu bar
- Choose the option My Fire TV on the next window
- Now you want to open Developer options
- Make sure both apps from unknown sources and ADB debugging are enabled
2. Manage your privacy settings and turn off Data monitoring
Amazon rolled out an update to FireStick in late 2020 that enabled data monitoring by default and allowed the company to collect user data related to app usage and device usage.
While Amazon is a reputable organization, we don’t want anyone to steal or use our data in a way that could compromise your privacy.
While FireStick’s privacy settings are ‘ON’ by default, you can easily turn them OFF. Follow the steps below:
- Go to the FireStick Settings of the home screen
- Open Preferences on this window
- Click Privacy settings when the next set of options is displayed
- Deselect the following options: Collect device usage data and app usage data
Note: it totally is up Whether you want to keep ‘Interest-Based Ads’ ON or OFF. To be on the safe side, I disabled this option
- Now press on the back button once to return to the Preferences menu (or from the FireStick home screen navigate to Settings> Preferences)
- Click Data monitoring
- Make sure that Data monitoring is OFF on the next screen
3. Change the Amazon Appstore settings
There are a few options in the Appstore settings that you may want to change for a better FireStick experience. Here’s What You Can Do:
- Open the FireStick Settings out of the home window
- Select and then click the option Applications
- Then go ahead and open App Store
Here’s how you would like the different settings:
- Automatic updates: Keep it ON so that the apps are automatically updated when there is an update. This option only works with the apps installed from the Amazon Appstore and not with any third-party apps you may have sideloaded
- External market links: Certain apps have links that direct you to the Amazon Appstore to install other apps. Click this option and choose Ask to open (Recommended) or Don’t open.
- In-app purchases: Leave this option OFF. It keeps you from ending up accidentally make in-app purchases. This also prevents children from making in-app purchases.
- notifications: You can turn this option OFF if you don’t want to be bothered by the Appstore notifications
- Hide Cloud apps: Make sure this option is OFF if you want to keep seeing the list of apps you own but haven’t installed. Such apps reside in the cloud and do not take up storage space on FireStick
4. Change the app notification settings
Notifications are often more annoying than useful. There are some apps you will need, but they will keep giving an irrelevant notification. This can get a bit frustrating and can even affect your overall FireStick and streaming experience.
Fortunately, you can turn off app notifications universally for all apps or choose to turn the notifications OFF for specific apps. And you can do that for apps from Amazon Store as well as for third-party apps sideloaded on FireStick.
Follow these steps:
- Open Firestick Settings again
- Open the option Preferences
- Click Notification settings
- To turn off notifications from all apps, enable the option Do not disturb
On the other hand, if you want to turn off the notification for specific apps, click App notifications and choose the app you want
5. Turn off automatic video and audio playback
The home FireStick screen shows the ‘featured content ‘at the top, below the menu bar (and above the Recent row).
The video and audio and the content preview will be played automatically when you open it home screen inactive even for a few seconds. I personally find it a bit annoying and if so you can turn it off like this:
- Go to it Settings Menu on FireStick
- Click Featured Content on the next screen
- Deselect the following options: Allow automatic video playback and Allow automatic audio playback
6. Change the Firestick Display settings
Choosing the right video and display settings is important if you want a smooth and flicker-free streaming experience. FireStick’s default display settings often work with most streaming applications. At times, however, adjusting the settings can produce better streaming results.
Follow the steps below:
- Open the option Display and sounds
- Click Screen on the next screen
Here are the options you can explore:
- Video resolution: Select the desired video resolution. However, I recommend it Car mode so that FireStick selects the best resolution available for you
- Adjust the original frame rate: FireStick usually works with a frame rate of 60 Hz or 50 Hz. However, many videos are usually recorded at a frame rate of 25 Hz or lower. If the frame rates don’t match, you may occasionally see vibrations during playback. You can adjust the original frame rate ON to allow FireStick to match the frame rate of the original content, provided you are using a supported app. Also, the Video resolution setting must be set to ‘Auto’ for this option to work
- Color depth: Choose between 8 (default), 10 or 12 bits. Your TV must support the color depth setting you have chosen
- Color format: Set it to ‘Auto’ and let FireStick choose the format best for you
- Calibrate screen: For the best streaming experience, you want the videos to be displayed in full. If not, choose this option to calibrate the screen and place the videos on the 4 sides of your TV
- Dynamic range settings: You can choose between ‘Always HDR’ and ‘Adaptive’. Choose the former only if your TV supports HDR
When streaming with Kodi, free movie apps, or IPTV, your privacy should be your primary concern. While the above settings will help you protect your privacy from Amazon and its partners, you will still be exposed to your ISP, your government and the hackers.
To solve this problem, I always use ExpressVPN on all my streaming devices. It keeps all my browsing and streaming activities hidden from prying eyes. If you’re not already using a VPN, I recommend giving it a try. Not only does a good VPN help protect your privacy, but it also unblocks geo-restricted content, bypasses ISP throttling, and aids in buffer-free streaming.
ExpressVPN is the best VPN for Firestick. It comes with a 30-day money back guarantee, so you can use the services freely for the first 30 days, then request a refund if you don’t want to continue. Thanks to the holiday season, there is also an ongoing offer where you can save 49% off the regular price.
Here is how to install and use a VPN on Amazon Firestick and Fire TV devices.back to menu ↑
Packing up Up
So here are some of the most useful settings for Firestick that, when changed, improve your overall experience with the device. However, if you think we’ve missed something important or interesting, let us know in the comments section below.
More interesting topics:
How to Jailbreak a FirestickHow to restart a FirestickHow to fix Firestick remote issuesBest channels for Firestick
Click here to get Secret Cord-Cutting Tricks straight to your inbox.
Legal Disclaimer – Compsmag.com does not verify the legality or safety of any add-ons, apps or services listed on this site. Also, we do not promote, we do not host any copyrighted links streams. We strongly discourage piracy and strongly advise our readers to avoid it at all costs. Any mention of free streaming on our site is purely for copyright free content available in the public domain. Read our full disclaimer.
Disclosure – Compsmag.com is a reader-supported blog. When you purchase a product through links on our site, we may earn commission.back to menu ↑
Specifications Need The Best FireStick Settings You Should Know and Change Right Now
|Internet:||Good Speed Internet|
|Ram:||4 GB and above.|
|Supported Devices||Firestick, Tv Windows, Linux, and Android|
The Best FireStick Settings You Should Know and Change Right Now Guide is free?
This guide is a free model
Free Trial: May be included, please check on the official site, we mentioned above.
The The Best FireStick Settings You Should Know and Change Right Now tutorial price is Free or Freemium. This means you can truly enjoy the The Best FireStick Settings You Should Know and Change Right Now guide.
The The Best FireStick Settings You Should Know and Change Right Now guide gives you an easy-to-use and efficient management and The Best FireStick Settings You Should Know and Change Right Now allows you to focus on the most important things. It’s friendly guide to use maybe you will love it and The Best FireStick Settings You Should Know and Change Right Now tutorial can be used on Linux, Windows or android devices.back to menu ↑
The Best FireStick Settings You Should Know and Change Right Now Advantage and Disadvantage
- The The Best FireStick Settings You Should Know and Change Right Now Guide is free.
- All steps are easy to use.
back to menu ↑
Benefits of using The Best FireStick Settings You Should Know and Change Right Now
- The The Best FireStick Settings You Should Know and Change Right Now tutorial is free .
- Helps many users follow up with interest in a timely manner.
- The The Best FireStick Settings You Should Know and Change Right Now supported by windows and Android.
- The price of the The Best FireStick Settings You Should Know and Change Right Now guide is free.
Feedbacks about The Best FireStick Settings You Should Know and Change Right Now
The Best FireStick Settings You Should Know and Change Right Now
What is this all about and how these steps help you?
What is actual time in which this method complete?
What are the supported Operating system?
For Developer: This is a user-based portal so somehow mistakes happen. If you are the original developer of any software using in this guide about The Best FireStick Settings You Should Know and Change Right Now and want to change anything about any software then please contact us. We surely help you within 48 hours.