Hello friends today we gonna learn about Best Tools for Batch Renaming Files on Windows 10 PC. So read this article, Best Tools for Batch Renaming Files on Windows 10 PC step by step so you may understand it in a better way. If you have query related to same article you may contact us. So Lets begin:
Guide: Best Tools for Batch Renaming Files on Windows 10 PC
In everyday professional life one certain action on a whole series of files or folders adds a lot to your productivity. Batch image editing is a good example in this regard. Likewise, there are tools that can help you batch rename your file names.
Yes, there are such apps available and in this post I am going to introduce you to it best free desktop tools to rename file names in WindowsLet’s dig in.
Note: In this full post, I will try to rename the files in the “Files to Rename” folder on my desktop using the tools on this list. In this folder I have some files called “New Microsoft Word Document – Copy (N) .docx” and I will rename them to “V (N) .docx” where N is a number and V can be any name to be.back to menu ↑
1. File renaming basis
If you are working with multiple image and music files, you will enjoy File Renamer Basic. Her powerful features and intuitive interface makes even the complex renaming tasks a breeze.
You can add prefixes and suffixes, use regular expressions and preview the names before making the ultimate changes. I liked it features that help rename audio and image files based on their tag information.
The paid versions offer even more features, for example options to undo rename, process and create subfolders up up to 50 profiles for automation of the renaming process
Here are the steps to rename files with File Renamer Basic:
- Open File Renamer Basic choose the files you want to rename.
- Click on the “File name propertiesTab below Prefix, check the box next to Including, and add a prefix ‘V.(Or another name).
- below Filename, clear the check box Including select filename in the drop-down list below Included> Select “Custom file name‘And check the box next to’Place the unique parameter in front of the file nameoption
- below Separator, clear the check box Including to remove the separator.
- Below “Unique parameter“, to check Including select Numbers and change Mask to “00”To add two-digit numbers as a suffix.
- below Expansion, to check Included> select ‘Leave unchangedTo rename with the same extension of the original file.
- You can click on it Example button and check the expected file names in the column “New file namein the table.
- After you are satisfied with the expected new names, click Apply button around the final changes, ie rename the files.
2. Advanced renaming
If you are looking for more flexibility to rename files and folders compared to File Renamer Basic, Advanced Renamer is exactly what you are looking for. It works well for renaming image and audio and video files. Moreover, it offers 10+ renaming methods for you to use set batch jobs of mass renaming files or folders.
You can add, delete, replace, capitalize, or rename the file based on location tags as well as copy and move or undo the changes. I’ll walk you through the process of renaming files using Advanced Renamer:
- Open Advanced Rename> Click Add below “Rename files“, Then choose the files from the drop-down list and select the files you want to rename in the dialog box, and then click the Open button
- In the left pane, click the “Add method button select ‘New name“and under”New name“Type”V.(Or any other) below “Standard tags“, Select “
Ascending numbers“and under”Apply to” Select Name
- In the right pane, under ‘New file nameColumn shows the new file name. Check if the final names are appropriate according to requirement.
- Finally, click on the “Start batch button in the top right corner of the window select the “Batch mode” like Renamethen click OK
3. ReNamer Lite
ReNamer Lite’s minimalist look might try to fool you, but it offers a lot of advanced options, thanks to its support for PascalScriptIt offers all renaming procedures such as prefixes and suffixes, text replacements and case change, as well as advanced options such as removing brackets or changing extensions.
It supports normal expressions, Unicode file names and meta tags of multiple media file types. You can give rename actions in the lite version and much more in the pro version, which you can use further create rule setsYou can later run, edit, reload and save a rule set as requested.
You can rename files with ReNamer Lite by following these simple steps:
- Open ReNamer Lite > click on “Adding files button to add files to rename.
- Click on the Add button, and you see the “Add rulewindow.
- In the “Add ruleWindow, choose Insert in the left pane in the configuration area (right), make settings Insert and type ‘V. select Prefix and uncheck skip extension since we need to include extensions.
- Click “Add rule button at the bottom to finally add the line.
- Click on the Add button and you’ll be the “Add rulewindow.
- Select now remove on the left side in the configuration window, below remove update the text to ‘New Microsoft Word Document – Copy‘And check the box next to'[,’ ‘]Interpret symbols’?, ” *, ”‘as wildcards?
- Click “Add rule button
- at the bottom to finally add the line. Click on the button Add, and you see the “Add rule
- window. Select Serializeon the left and in the right pane, set ‘Index begins: like “1 set Repeatto “1 set Step: to1 set “Reset any: to “1 to check “Reset if the file name changes to check “Path with zeros by length:” like “2‘And select the’Numbering system: below “Insert where: ” Select Position: like2
- Click “Add rule button
- Review the rules and click Rename When you are done adding the required rules, click the button Example on the top see the expected new file names in “New name
- Column in the table. Finally click on it button Rename final around the
4. Bulk Rename Utility features I found Bulk Rename Utility’s interface cluttered compared to all of the other tools on this list. However, it is a lightweight and highly customizable tool with impressive you can use to rename, remove or swap extensions and change timestamp
, making it an excellent tool for advanced users to create their configurations.
- Below are the steps to rename files using Bulk Rename Utility: Open Bulk Renaming Utility>
- Select files in Bulk Rename Utility Select or highlight all the files you want to renameName, and then under ‘Name (2) “, Select Madeand type ‘V.
- (Or another name).Now under ‘Numbering (10) “, Select Mode like Suffix set Get started like 1 set Bee like 0 set Verh. like1 , And set Path to 2
- also.Preview the new file names under the “New name Column in the table at the top, then Click on the button Rename
Rename files using Bulk Rename Utility Note: The button Renameback to menu ↑
will be disabled until you select or highlight the files you want to rename in the table at the top center of the window.
5. File Rename Turbo I liked File Renamer Turbo’s straightforward interface as compared to Bulk Rename Utility. It offers 20+advanced rename actions
For example, it has actions to find and replace text, insert and crop text, use regular expressions, insert numbers, change case, move files, and a lot more. File Renamer Turbo can read and write tag information from / to media files and even get more information from the internet
based on these music tags. That said, you can move and organize music, photo and video files. It offers command line support, regex support, and an option to search for albums online. how to Now let’s take a look
- rename files using File Renamer Turbo: Open File Rename Turbo>Click “Add files to folder button
- Add files to rename in File Renamer TurboClick on the “Add basic filter button to select the renaming actions add “Find and replace in the right pane and next toFind:, type ‘New Microsoft Word document And besidesTo replace: type ‘V.
- (Or another name).Click “Add basic filter ” again add “Trim in between And choose in the right pane 2 in front ofRemove characters between position: set “of the “As the left side set 13in front of “as position“And set”of the ” like left
- side.Click on the “Add basic filter button add Counter> in the right pane, for Prefix:type ‘
And let the Suffix:
- being empty.Preview the new file names under the “New file name Column in the table at the bottom and Click on the button Rename
to rename them.
Bonus: the Windows method Windows also has a simple process to rename multiple files. It works like this: select the different files you want to rename, right click and choose Rename from the context menu, type a new name and pressEnter After you are done, you will see itfiles are renamed consecutively
That said, if you specified “WD” as the name, new file names would be “WD (1)”, “WD (2)”, and so on.
Hope these methods will help you to batch rename files. Which tool did you find best for your needs?back to menu ↑
Best Tools for Batch Renaming Files on Windows 10 PC: benefits
- The Best Tools for Batch Renaming Files on Windows 10 PC tutorial is free .
- This guide already helps so many users follow up with interest in a timely manner.
- The price of the Best Tools for Batch Renaming Files on Windows 10 PC guide is free.
Tutorial summary of Best Tools for Batch Renaming Files on Windows 10 PC
How this tutorial helping you?
What is actual time in which this method complete?
What are the supported Device?
back to menu ↑
I hope you like the guide Best Tools for Batch Renaming Files on Windows 10 PC. In case if you have any query regards this article you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends.
For our visitors: If you have any queries regards the Best Tools for Batch Renaming Files on Windows 10 PC, then please ask us through the comment section below or directly contact us.
Education: This guide or tutorial is just for educational purposes.
Misinformation: If you want to correct any misinformation about the guide “Best Tools for Batch Renaming Files on Windows 10 PC”, then kindly contact us.
Want to add an alternate method: If anyone wants to add more methods to the guide Best Tools for Batch Renaming Files on Windows 10 PC, then kindly contact us.
Our Contact: Kindly use our contact page regards any help. You may also use our social and accounts by following us on Whatsapp, Facebook, and Twitter for your questions. We always love to help you. We answer your questions within 24-48 hours (Weekend off).
Channel: If you want the latest software updates and discussion about any software in your pocket, then here is our Telegram channel.