Hello guys in this guide, I am gonna tell you about Can Verizon Wipe My iPhone Remotely? So read this article, step by step so you may understand it in a better way.
Are you afraid of losing your phone? Worried you won’t be able to track it or wipe it down if it disappears before your eyes? Apple has a solution for that, called “Find My iPhone.” It comes with every new iPhone, as long as you activate a $99-a-year MobileMe service, and it lets users track their phone via GPS and remotely disable it if a thief were to wipe it. But no other phone or carrier offers an exact alternative to this.
Until this service went live. Verizon Wireless has just announced a new facet of their Total Equipment Coverage Program called Mobile Recovery, and it’s a new application designed to run on WebOS, Android, and BlackBerry smartphones. Nearly all major VZW smartphones are capable of running the app, and when programmed, users can emotionally lock the device, sound an alarm, and erase the phone’s contacts. If the phone is not recovered, Total Equipment Coverage offers next-day replacement.
Guide: Can Verizon Wipe My iPhone Remotely?
People tend to be in a lot of hurry these days, so it’s no surprise that they often forget or lose things. Phones its solid evidence, like a lot of phones are forgotten somewhere or gets lost daily, usually ends up stolen by the person who finds them. If your phone is stolen, is there anything you can do? Using Verizon’s services, you can remotely wipe your iPhone, protecting it from prying eyes. Keep reading to find out how.
1. The old fashioned way
If you need to wipe your iPhone remotely, Verizon recommends the method that requires the “Find My iPhone” app. If you’re more of a computer user, visit https://icloud.com/find, or you can use the same app on a different iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch.
- On the Home screen (or in the “Extras” folder), tap “Find iPhone”.
- Enter your Apple ID and password and tap ‘Sign In’.
- Tap “Allow” when prompted for the app to work on your phone. The app will then proceed to locate devices.
- Choose your device.
- Go to ‘Actions’.
- Find ‘Erase iPhone’.
- You should read the warning message carefully and then tap “Erase iPhone” to confirm your decision.
- Enter your Apple ID and password again and tap Erase. This will delete all settings and information so your data doesn’t fall into the wrong hands.
2. Submit a claim
To help users deal with their phones be stolen or lost, Verizon has a subscription called Total Mobile Protection that gives them a phone replacement or one phone repair process in progress. You can – and should – make a claim about a lost or stolen device. You can get a new replacement device the next day. If you are already subscribed, you can contact Asurion customer service at (888) 881-2622 and make an insurance claim.
Otherwise, contact Verizon Wireless at (800) 922-0204 as soon as possible. Another way to deal with this is to log in to My Verizon to report a lost or stolen device.
Unfortunately, contacting Verizon directly is the only definitive way to get help from them as there is no iOS app to solve this problem; there is only an android version.
3. When “Find My iPhone” is enabled
If your “Find my iPhone” app is enabled, there are things you can do other than remotely wipe your device:
- If you believe your phone is nearby, for example in your own home, you can use the app to play a sound and see if you are right.
- Use “Lost Mode.” This feature lets your phone remotely using a passcode, as well as display a custom message with your phone number on the phone’s lock screen. In addition, it allows you to save your phone’s location, but keep in mind that you shouldn’t look for it yourself, especially in an unsafe environment. Payment on the device will also be suspended.
- You can use “Family Sharing” so a family member can help you manage your phone. All they have to do is sign in to iCloud with their own Apple ID.
- If an iPhone is covered by “AppleCare + with Theft and Loss”, you can make a claim for a lost or stolen device.
4. Is the “Find My iPhone” app disabled?
If you have “Find My iPhone” turned off or you haven’t even used it, there is no way to locate or track your device. However, you can still do the following:
- Change your Apple ID. Your iCloud, iMessage, etc. are all connected to your Apple ID, which means that if you change it, no one else can access it.
- Change other passwords. This one speaks for itself, as you can change your email and social media passwords. It’s best to do this before a potential thief does.
- Report your device. We’ve already told you that you can make a claim about your device, but remember you can also report it to the local police. Please have the serial number of your device ready as you will need it for this occasion.
Stay safe in the future
Overall, you will probably be fine if you have your “Find My iPhone” app-enabled. Otherwise, there could be problems, but Verizon can help you by trying your phone or provide you with a replacement, which is more likely if you subscribe to Total Mobile Protection. Whatever you do, make sure to get your phone always with you and back up data as often as possible. This way, you won’t lose any data even if you have to do another phone wipe.
If you’ve ever had your phone lost or stolen, what have you done? What would you do if that happened again? Share your experiences with us in the comments section below.back to menu ↑
Tutorial summary of Can Verizon Wipe My iPhone Remotely?
How this tutorial helping you?
What is actual time in which this method complete?
What are the supported Device?
What are the supported Operating system?
back to menu ↑
I hope you like the guide Can Verizon Wipe My iPhone Remotely?. In case if you have any query regards this article you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends.
For our visitors: If you have any queries regards the Can Verizon Wipe My iPhone Remotely? then please ask us through the comment section below or directly contact us.
Education: This guide or tutorial is just for educational purposes.
Misinformation: If you want to correct any misinformation about the guide “Can Verizon Wipe My iPhone Remotely?”, then kindly contact us.
Want to add an alternate method: If anyone wants to add more methods to the guide Can Verizon Wipe My iPhone Remotely? then kindly contact us.
Our Contact: Kindly use our contact page regards any help. You may also use our social and accounts by following us on Whatsapp, Facebook, and Twitter for your questions. We always love to help you. We answer your questions within 24-48 hours (Weekend off).
Channel: If you want the latest software updates and discussion about any software in your pocket, then here is our Telegram channel.