Hello friends today we gonna learn about Create Recovery Partition in MacOS X: Tips and Tutorial. So read this article, Create Recovery Partition in MacOS X: Tips and Tutorial step by step so you may understand it in a better way. If you have query related to same article you may contact us. So Lets begin:
Guide: Create Recovery Partition in MacOS X: Tips and Tutorial
While I was doing maintenance for my OS X, using the Maintenance app, the app told me that my disk partition needed to be repaired. So, as usual, I reboot OS X and hold down Cmd + R to access the Disk Utilities in OS X Recovery to fix it.
However, instead of going to Disk Recovery Assistant, I was directed to Internet Recovery, which was unusual. I later found out that this happened because the recovery partition is missing somehow. To verify this I ran the diskutil list in Terminal, but I cannot find the Recovery HD partition.
Internet Recovery is one feature addition since OS X. It allows us to run the disk recovery and then repair and reinstall OS X from Apple’s server. But it requires an internet connection so you’re out of luck if you have a bad or unreliable internet connection.
Here’s how I solved this problem without internet recovery, and it’s not as complicated as I first thought.
How to Create a recovery partition
To get started, you need the OS X installer from the App Store (be it Mavericks or Yosemite or others) and you also need the Recovery Partition Creator (RPC), an AppleScript that allows us to create the partition in a user-friendly way to make. way.
Follow these steps to make the partition HD.
- Launch the Recovery Partition script. You will be asked for a backupup and I recommend that you do this with Time machine, in case something goes wrong. In addition, the script will ask you which OS X version you are currently running.
- Click OKand then select the primary disk partition where the OS X installation resides from the selection for you. Click OK
- You can select an external drive if you have one. This way, you need to connect the drive to your Mac every time you run Disk Recovery Assistant.
- Select the OS X installer you should have gotten from the App Store.
- Once you clicked OK, you will be prompted to check the disks for errors before the script creates the partition. Click Continue
- Click OK to have the script create the recovery partition with the OS X of your choice.
This process can take up up to 5 minutes or more. Once the process is complete, run the diskutil list again, and you should now be able to see it in the list: Apple_Boot Recovery HD.
The script is very useful; it allows us to get the recovery partition back in just a few clicks away.
Now we are able to repair drives with the Disk Recovery Assistant instead of Internet RecoveryI personally think this method is more convenient. I hope you like this little tip helpful and solved the problem.back to menu ↑
Create Recovery Partition in MacOS X: Tips and Tutorial: benefits
- The Create Recovery Partition in MacOS X: Tips and Tutorial tutorial is free .
- This guide already helps so many users follow up with interest in a timely manner.
- The price of the Create Recovery Partition in MacOS X: Tips and Tutorial guide is free.
Tutorial summary of Create Recovery Partition in MacOS X: Tips and Tutorial
How this tutorial helping you?
What is actual time in which this method complete?
What are the supported Device?
back to menu ↑
I hope you like the guide Create Recovery Partition in MacOS X: Tips and Tutorial. In case if you have any query regards this article you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends.
For our visitors: If you have any queries regards the Create Recovery Partition in MacOS X: Tips and Tutorial, then please ask us through the comment section below or directly contact us.
Education: This guide or tutorial is just for educational purposes.
Misinformation: If you want to correct any misinformation about the guide “Create Recovery Partition in MacOS X: Tips and Tutorial”, then kindly contact us.
Want to add an alternate method: If anyone wants to add more methods to the guide Create Recovery Partition in MacOS X: Tips and Tutorial, then kindly contact us.
Our Contact: Kindly use our contact page regards any help. You may also use our social and accounts by following us on Whatsapp, Facebook, and Twitter for your questions. We always love to help you. We answer your questions within 24-48 hours (Weekend off).
Channel: If you want the latest software updates and discussion about any software in your pocket, then here is our Telegram channel.