This guide is about How to Check Battery Health in Windows 11. So read this free guide, How to Check Battery Health in Windows 11 step by step. If you have query related to same article you may contact us.
How to Check Battery Health in Windows 11 – Guide
One of the main advantages of laptops just like work laptops, it’s battery life. Although the exact battery life varies depending on a variety of factors such as the laptop’s characteristics and your usage habits, battery health is critical to the laptop’s overall battery life. If you’ve recently discovered that your laptop battery isn’t lasting as long as it used to, it’s likely that your health has deteriorated. So today let’s take a look at how to check the status of your laptop battery on Windows 11.
To check Laptop Battery Health in Windows 11 (2021)
In addition to the official technique for checking the status of a laptop battery in Windows 11, we’ve included a number of other features in this article. Here you’ll find a third-party battery health check tool, techniques to monitor usage, and some useful ideas to extend your Windows 11 laptop battery’s life. So without further ado, let’s get started.
What is battery health in Windows 11?
Battery health is a measure of your laptop battery longevity. As the battery goes through several charge cycles over several months, its overall overall charge capacity starts to decrease. Over time, the battery’s current capacity visibly deviates from the original capacity you obtained when you purchased the laptop. Here, battery health represents the percentage of the original battery capacity remaining in your laptop.
To check Laptop Battery Health in Windows 11
1. Open the Start menu and search for Command Prompt. In the right-hand pane, click Run as administrator. You can also use PowerShell to check your laptop battery health.
2. When the Command Prompt window opens, paste the following command and press Enter. Then it will generate a battery report from your Windows 11 laptop.
powercfg / batteryreport
3. Now navigate to C:Windowssystem32 and look for the file ‘battery-report.html’. Clicking the HTML file will open the report in your default browser on Windows 11. This battery report will have various details about your laptop battery, including installed batteries, recent usage, battery capacity history and more.
4. In the ‘Batteries Installed’ section you will find the original design capacity and the current total charge capacity. In this case, the total capacity dropped from 51,300 mWh to 43,069 mWh. Calculating the difference, the battery health of this Windows 11 laptop it is currently at 84 percent.
5. You also get a detailed weekly battery capacity history in the report. That way you can keep track of how your battery is laptop degraded over months of use.
6. The report also highlights battery life estimates at current state and at original capacity. This will give you an idea of the battery life you should get, as opposed to the battery life you are currently getting from laptop.
7. Also, if you scroll down, you’ll see the estimated battery life since you installed the latest desktop operating system from Microsoft – the time you upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11. In this case, the laptop it should have lasted 4:50:47 (4 hours and 50 minutes) at the design capacity, but it only managed to decrease the battery life to 4:04:08 (4 hours and 4 minutes) in its current state.
Check battery health using third-party apps
Another way to check your laptop’s battery health is with a third-party app. Although there are several battery health checker apps available on the market, the only app that is free and simple is called BatteryInfoView.
BatteryInfoView highlights key details about your Windows 11 laptop battery’s, including power state, current capacity, projected capacity, battery health and voltage, to name a few. You even have the option to export these battery statistics as a text file, CSV file or HTML document.
Monitor battery usage by app in Windows 11
If you are experiencing a battery drain issue on your Windows 11 laptop, one of your installed apps might be the reason. Fortunately, you can check battery usage by app in Windows 11 settings and eliminate the culprit.
To do this, navigate to Settings -> System -> Power & Battery and you will see the list of apps that are draining your battery. Here, you can view apps that are currently in use, apps running in the background, and sort apps based on overall usage. For more detailed instructions, read our article on checking screen time in Windows 11.
Tips to improve battery life in Windows 11
An easy method to increase battery life in Windows 11 laptops is to change power settings. Laptops typically offer a performance mode, balanced mode, and power saving mode. As long as you can push your laptop even the limits of resource-intensive tasks in performance mode, this will affect battery life.
Therefore, it is recommended to use the laptop in Balanced mode for ample performance without sacrificing battery life. You can, of course, change the power mode settings in Windows 11 based on your use case. You will find detailed instructions for doing this in our linked article. And for more tips, read our article on how to improve battery life in Windows laptops.
Check the battery status of Windows 11 Laptop and replace the battery if necessary
So that brings us to the final of our guide to check your Windows 11 laptop battery health. It is important to emphasize the need to replace the laptop battery once the original wears out to extend battery life and prevent potential accidents. While you are replacing the battery, it is recommended to obtain an authorized battery replacement. If you are planning to replace the battery yourself, make sure you find a compatible battery that works with your Windows 11 hardware specifications laptop.
I hope you like the guide How to Check Battery Health in Windows 11. In case if you have any query regards this article you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends.