Hello guys in this guide, I am gonna tell you about How to Create a PDF File from an Android Device. So read this article, step by step so you may understand it in a better way.
Guide: How to Create a PDF File from an Android Device
When Adobe created the protected document format, it was with the noble goal of keeping files consistent and unaltered across all platforms. And while it’s really easy to view PDF files with a variety of apps and web browsers, creating a PDF is a bit trickier.
Fortunately, Android offers great support for PDF manipulation. Thanks to a huge range of apps available, you can create and edit PDF files on your mobile phone phone or tablet.back to menu ↑
Ways to Create a PDF
Depending on what kind of content you want to turn into a PDF, there are two common scenarios.
One of them is scanning a document and converting it into a PDF. This is great if you want to archive some content for yourself or share it with someone else. The other is when you want to create a PDF from an existing document or a web page.
Regardless of your need, generating PDFs becomes quite easy if you use the right apps.
back to menu ↑
Scan to PDF
Google Drive is pre-installed on almost all Android devices and allows you to scan to PDF by default. If you happen to not have a Google Drive on your device, you can install it on Google Play.
Follow the steps below to scan a document to PDF.
- Open the Google Drive app on your mobile device.
- On the main screen, you should see a colorful plus sign in the lower right corner. Tap it.
- The “Create New” menu will be displayed, so tap the “Scan” option.
- This opens you up camera app. Take a photo of the document you want to turn into a PDF.
- Image preview will appear. Tap ‘OK’ if it looks good. If you are not satisfied with how the picture turned out, tap “Retake” to retake the picture.
- If you tapped “OK” you should now see some options at the bottom. Allows you to edit the image. You can change the color scheme to black and white or full color, rotate and crop the image.
- When you are satisfied with the final result, tap “Save” in the lower right corner.
- In the next menu you can change the file name. Choose the Google Drive account you want to save to and select the destination folder. Note that you cannot upload the PDF directly to your phone in this way. To do this, you can download it from Google Drive later.
- After you’ve prepared the file, tap “Save” and you’re done.
To open the PDF, tap the folder icon in the lower right corner of the main app screen. Now just browse to the file destination chosen in step 8 to access your new PDF.back to menu ↑
Create PDFs from other files
There are many file types you can turn into a PDF. These include images you can open from the Gallery app, certain Microsoft Office files, and more. You can even create a PDF from a PDF, which can be very useful.back to menu ↑
From Microsoft Office files
Before proceeding, make sure you have installed the free Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint apps for Android. This way you can open file formats such as .txt, .doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .ppt, .pptx and more.
- Navigate to the file you want to convert and tap to open it.
- Depending on the file type, it will open in Word, Excel or PowerPoint.
- Once the file is open, tap the “Options” menu. It’s the three dots in the top right corner.
- Tap ‘Print’.
- Since mobile devices do not usually connect to physical printers; the default print format is PDF. To make sure it’s set up correctly, check the drop-down menu in the top left corner of the screen. It should display ‘Save as PDF’. If not, change the setting by tapping the text and then choosing the “Save as PDF” option.
- Once sorted, you can also access additional settings by tapping the down arrow. It’s just below the text “Paper Size:”. However, these won’t make much of a difference when creating a PDF.
- Now tap on the “PDF” button in the top right corner of the screen.
- Choose the location where you want to save your PDF.
- Finally, tap on “Save” at the bottom of the screen to complete the process.
From PDF files
While it sounds redundant, creating a PDF from a PDF can be very useful. For example, you can form up multilingual user guides by removing all the extra stuff you don’t need. This makes them easier to read and saves storage space.
- Open a PDF file with a compatible app.
- Tap the three-dot menu in the top right corner.
- Tap ‘Print’.
- Deselect any pages that you do not want to include in the new PDF file. You can do this by tapping each or you can use print settings: a. Access the print settings menu (see step 6 in the previous section). B. Tap the ‘Pages’ drop-down menu. c. Select “Range of X”, where X is the number of document pages. d. Choose page numbers or a page range that you want to keep.
- Now close the print settings menu and proceed to save your new PDF. Please refer to steps 7 to 9 from the previous section for this.
From a web page
If you want to save a webpage as a PDF, you can do it from any file mobile web browser. Just tap the three dots button in the top right corner of your web browser and select ‘Print’.
When the preview opens, you can even choose which parts of the web page you don’t want to keep. Save your PDF now and that’s it.back to menu ↑
PDF on the go
Hopefully you know now how to create PDF files in more ways than one. Can do this on your phone definitely improves productivity. Imagine the steps and time you can save by not using a scanner or printer.
Did you manage to create a PDF on your Android device? Which method do you like? Share your thoughts in the comments below.back to menu ↑
How to Create a PDF File from an Android Device: benefits
- The How to Create a PDF File from an Android Device tutorial is free .
- This guide already helps so many users follow up with interest in a timely manner.
- The price of the How to Create a PDF File from an Android Device guide is free.
Tutorial summary of How to Create a PDF File from an Android Device
How this tutorial helping you?
What is actual time in which this method complete?
What are the supported Device?
What are the supported Operating system?
back to menu ↑
I hope you like the guide How to Create a PDF File from an Android Device. In case if you have any query regards this article you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends.
For our visitors: If you have any queries regards the How to Create a PDF File from an Android Device, then please ask us through the comment section below or directly contact us.
Education: This guide or tutorial is just for educational purposes.
Misinformation: If you want to correct any misinformation about the guide “How to Create a PDF File from an Android Device”, then kindly contact us.
Want to add an alternate method: If anyone wants to add more methods to the guide How to Create a PDF File from an Android Device, then kindly contact us.
Our Contact: Kindly use our contact page regards any help. You may also use our social and accounts by following us on Whatsapp, Facebook, and Twitter for your questions. We always love to help you. We answer your questions within 24-48 hours (Weekend off).
Channel: If you want the latest software updates and discussion about any software in your pocket, then here is our Telegram channel.