Hello guys in this guide, I am gonna tell you about How to Delete Locations from AccuWeather. So read this article, step by step so you may understand it in a better way.
Guide: How to Delete Locations from AccuWeather
As one of the most popular weather reporting services today, AccuWeather is available on almost every platform imaginable. Regardless of the region, it is almost certain that you will find a reasonably reliable, up-to-date prediction.
However, if you browse certain locations out of curiosity, AccuWeather will continue to report on them. Some may find it annoying to see the weather forecast daily for places they don’t actually track. If you have such problem, this article will help you to solve it.back to menu ↑
Remove unwanted locations
Since AccuWeather is available on multiple platforms, removing locations is slightly different for each platform. The breakdown below provides information for both desktop and mobile AccuWeather websites, as well as Android and iOS mobile apps.
When you search for different locations using the AccuWeather website, it will continue to track the forecast for your last five choices. To see which locations the website is currently tracking, you can use the current location bar. This is at the top of the page, right below the main navigation menu.
For example, the current location bar might look like this: United States Weather> New York, NY 78 NYF. On the right side of this text you see an arrow pointing down. Once you click on it, it will show the last five locations you searched for. This menu essentially lets you switch between the two quickly, which is quite handy feature.
Since this is done automatically, you cannot manually delete the unwanted locations. What you can do is search for the locations you may find relevant to you and keep them hidden from the drop-down menu.
If you want to delete them all completely, you must clear the cookies from your browser. This can be done in two ways. You can delete all cookies from the website or you can do this selectively by deleting only AccuWeather cookies.
The selective removal of cookies is done in almost the same browser to browser. Here’s how it’s done in Google Chrome:
- Open the Chrome browser on your computer.
- Click on “More” button in the upper right corner. It’s the icon with the three vertical dots.
- Click on “Settings”.
- Click “Privacy and Security” in the menu on the left.
- In the main part of the screen, click on “Site Settings”.
- Click on “Cookies and site data”.
- Click on “View all cookies and site data”.
- In the top right corner you will see the search field. Click on it and enter “accuweather”.
- The list of results is displayed for AccuWeather. To clear only these cookies, click the trash can icon next to each item associated with the website.
When it is done, close the browser “Settings” tab and all recent locations you have searched for will be deleted from the AccuWeather website.back to menu ↑
Although identical in content to the desktop website, mobile version shows only the last three locations you searched for. You can see them at the top of the page, right below the website search bar. Of course, these locations change with each search and show only the last three.
To delete recent locations, you also need cookies for your mobile browser too. If you don’t want to mess with other sites’ cookies, you can only delete those from AccuWeather.
Again, here’s an example of how this works in Google Chrome mobile browser, which is slightly different from the desktop version.
- Open www.accuweather.com in the Chrome browser on your mobile device.
- Tap the three-dot menu in the top right corner.
- Tap on “Settings”.
- Scroll down to the “Advanced” section.
- Tap on “Site Settings”.
- Tap on “Cookies”.
- Tap “ADD SITE EXCEPTION”.
- Enter www.accuweather.com
- Tap “Add”.
- The AccuWeather address is now displayed up in the “Blocked” section. Tap the AccuWeather item.
- Now tap on ‘Erase and Reset’ button.
- Confirm by tapping “Erase and Reset”.
- This action will both remove the AccuWeather website from the “Blocked” list and delete all related cookies.
- Tap the “Back” button in the top left corner until you return to the AccuWeather website.
- Refresh the website and you will see that the locations based on your recent searches have disappeared.
back to menu ↑
Managing the AccuWeather locations on iOS is quite easy. Wherever the AccuWeather location is displayed, simply tap the location name to open the Location Management menu. To delete unwanted locations, tap and hold the location name. When the menu appears, tap “Delete” and you’re done.
Note that you cannot delete your current location.back to menu ↑
As with iOS, deleting locations in the AccuWeather Android app is also super easy. Open the AccuWeather app on your mobile device and tap the menu icon (three horizontal lines). In the location list, tap and hold the name of the location you want to delete. When the trash can icon appears, click on it to delete the location.
If you accidentally delete a location you didn’t want to delete, tap Undo button. It appears immediately after you delete a location. Note that in order to delete a location, the location list must contain at least two locations. And this does not include your current location determined by GPS.back to menu ↑
After you have successfully removed all unwanted locations from AccuWeather, it is time to add the locations relevant to you. However, if you don’t want to keep recent locations, it’s a matter of deleting cookies for AccuWeather or the entire browser.
Did you manage to successfully delete AccuWeather locations? How do you usually access the weather forecast? Share your thoughts in the comments below.back to menu ↑
How to Delete Locations from AccuWeather: benefits
- The How to Delete Locations from AccuWeather tutorial is free .
- This guide already helps so many users follow up with interest in a timely manner.
- The price of the How to Delete Locations from AccuWeather guide is free.
Tutorial summary of How to Delete Locations from AccuWeather
How this tutorial helping you?
What is actual time in which this method complete?
What are the supported Device?
What are the supported Operating system?
back to menu ↑
I hope you like the guide How to Delete Locations from AccuWeather. In case if you have any query regards this article you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends.
For our visitors: If you have any queries regards the How to Delete Locations from AccuWeather, then please ask us through the comment section below or directly contact us.
Education: This guide or tutorial is just for educational purposes.
Misinformation: If you want to correct any misinformation about the guide “How to Delete Locations from AccuWeather”, then kindly contact us.
Want to add an alternate method: If anyone wants to add more methods to the guide How to Delete Locations from AccuWeather, then kindly contact us.
Our Contact: Kindly use our contact page regards any help. You may also use our social and accounts by following us on Whatsapp, Facebook, and Twitter for your questions. We always love to help you. We answer your questions within 24-48 hours (Weekend off).
Channel: If you want the latest software updates and discussion about any software in your pocket, then here is our Telegram channel.