Hello friends today we gonna learn about How to Force Close Apps on MacOS. So read this article, How to Force Close Apps on MacOS step by step so you may understand it in a better way. If you have query related to same article you may contact us. So Lets begin:
Guide: How to Force Close Apps on MacOS
Mac OS X is a great operating system. It’s stable, but it’s not perfect. Occasionally the application you are working on may hang (or hang). If your application is not responding or you encounter the Spinning Beach Ball of Death, chances are your application has crashed.
If you don’t want to wait, there are two ways you can force quit an application that is not responding.back to menu ↑
Force quit hotkeys
If your request does not respond, do the following:
- Hold down the following keys: Command + Option + Esc
- Choose the application you want to quit in the “Force Quick Application” dialog box.
- Click “Force quit
Force quit via Terminal
Alternatively, you can quit an application with the shell command via Terminal.
- Launch Spotlight Search with Command + Spacebar and search for Terminal. Hit Enter.
- Type ps -ax in Terminal and then Enter. This will give you a list of all running processes on your Mac along with other details such as the respective PID number, elapsed run time, process name and process location.
- To kill (force quit) a specific application, search for its name and write down its PID number.
- Type the following command in Terminal: kill
Here’s an example:
If you type ps -ax, you may get a long list of running processes output that looks something like the screenshot below:
Now let’s say we want to force quit Google Chrome, we can use the grep command in conjunction with our ps -ax to get exactly the information about the process we want.
The full command would look like this:
ps -ax | grep
and in our case it will be something like this:
ps -ax | grep Chrome
and it should run the following in Terminal:
Note that the PID number for Google Chrome is 9635.
Go ahead and type the following command in Terminal:
This will immediately terminate the Google Chrome browser. Hope this tutorial helps!back to menu ↑
How to Force Close Apps on MacOS: benefits
- The How to Force Close Apps on MacOS tutorial is free .
- This guide already helps so many users follow up with interest in a timely manner.
- The price of the How to Force Close Apps on MacOS guide is free.
Tutorial summary of How to Force Close Apps on MacOS
How this tutorial helping you?
What is actual time in which this method complete?
What are the supported Device?
back to menu ↑
I hope you like the guide How to Force Close Apps on MacOS. In case if you have any query regards this article you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends.
For our visitors: If you have any queries regards the How to Force Close Apps on MacOS, then please ask us through the comment section below or directly contact us.
Education: This guide or tutorial is just for educational purposes.
Misinformation: If you want to correct any misinformation about the guide “How to Force Close Apps on MacOS”, then kindly contact us.
Want to add an alternate method: If anyone wants to add more methods to the guide How to Force Close Apps on MacOS, then kindly contact us.
Our Contact: Kindly use our contact page regards any help. You may also use our social and accounts by following us on Whatsapp, Facebook, and Twitter for your questions. We always love to help you. We answer your questions within 24-48 hours (Weekend off).
Channel: If you want the latest software updates and discussion about any software in your pocket, then here is our Telegram channel.