Hello guys in this guide, I am gonna tell you about How to Install Firefox on a Kindle Fire HDX. So read this article, step by step so you may understand it in a better way.
It is a law of nature that if a company wants you to use a certain product or program, people are going to find a way to use what they want to use themselves. For example, you won’t find an alternative browser app in Amazon’s App Store if you don’t want to use their Silk browser too much. And since the law says that people will find a way, they have, and now there is a way to install Mozilla Firefox on your Kindle Fire.
What makes this method great is that you don’t have to make any sacrifices or rooting, nor do you have to install any software to get Mozilla Firefox on your Kindle Fire. But the icing on the cake is the file you download, the Mozilla Firefox app, which is downloaded directly from them, not from some third party site that has made some changes. You can rest assured that what you see is what you get.
Guide: How to Install Firefox on a Kindle Fire HDX
I like to have options when it comes to a web search. The built-in web browser that comes pre-loaded on the Kindle Fire HDX Silk isn’t bad, but like I said options. To install Firefox on your Kindle HDX, you need to enable some settings on your device first.
Grab your HDX and let’s get started.
- Swipe down from the top of your Kindle Fire HDX to access the options> tap Settings.
- Go to ‘Applications’.
- Tap “Allow apps from unknown sources” at the top right of this submenu. Toggle the slider button to the “On” position at the top. (It turns orange if allowed.)
The version of Firefox you need to install is Aurora. This is the mobile developer release – and I know it works as I personally use it. All other versions are only available through Google Play.
Note: The original Firefox kept terminating when I tried to run it, even though I installed it from a direct APK download site (Android App). So I warn against it. The Fire OS, the operating system on which Kindle devices run, is based on Android.
- Open your Silk Browser on its home screen from your Kindle Fire HDX or from your Apps location. You are now going to the download site to get Firefox Aurora on your Kindle.
- Visit Mozilla and download the developer edition of Firefox Aurora here.
- A bang-up will open at the bottom of your Kindle Fire HDX with the text, “This type of file can damage your device. Do you want to keep fennec-47.0a2.multi.android-arm.apk anyway? “
- Tap OK.
- A download warning will appear in the lower-left corner of the screen. (Your HDX won’t explode. It’s okay – you can trust me on this.)
- Swipe down the menu from the top of the Kindle HDX and tap the download to install.
- Before installing Aurora, your device will kindly warn you. It just says that Aurora will be allowed to select Privacy and Device access features. Again, it’s ok.
- Select the Install button in the lower right corner.
- You will see the Aurora Firefox browser is installed. It will then let you know when the installation was successful.
- Open the Aurora browser in the lower right corner or select ‘Done’. The Aurora icon is now on your Kindle Fire home screen menu and appears in your Apps.
That’s all! You now have more than one browser to choose from when browsing the web from your Kindle Fire HDX. Now you have the freedom to choose Firefox or Silk, whatever you want. It’s nice to have choices, isn’t it?
How to Install Firefox on a Kindle Fire HDX: benefits
- The How to Install Firefox on a Kindle Fire HDX tutorial is free.
- This guide already helps so many users follow up with interest in a timely manner.
- The price of the How to Install Firefox on a Kindle Fire HDX guide is free.
Tutorial summary of How to Install Firefox on a Kindle Fire HDX
In this guide, we told you about the How to Install Firefox on a Kindle Fire HDX; please read all steps so that you understand How to Install Firefox on a Kindle Fire HDX case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial helping you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How to Install Firefox on a Kindle Fire HDX, which undoubtedly helps you.
What is actual time in which this method complete?
The time to complete the How to Install Firefox on a Kindle Fire HDX tutorial is 10+ minutes.
What are the supported Device?
What are the supported Operating system?
Android or iOS
I hope you like the guide How to Install Firefox on a Kindle Fire HDX. In case if you have any query regards this article you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends.
For our visitors: If you have any queries regards the How to Install Firefox on a Kindle Fire HDX, then please ask us through the comment section below or directly contact us.
Education: This guide or tutorial is just for educational purposes.
Misinformation: If you want to correct any misinformation about the guide “How to Install Firefox on a Kindle Fire HDX”, then kindly contact us.
Want to add an alternate method: If anyone wants to add more methods to the guide How to Install Firefox on a Kindle Fire HDX, then kindly contact us.
Our Contact: Kindly use our contact page regards any help. You may also use our social and accounts by following us on Whatsapp, Facebook, and Twitter for your questions. We always love to help you. We answer your questions within 24-48 hours (Weekend off).
Channel: If you want the latest software updates and discussion about any software in your pocket, then here is our Telegram channel.