Hello guys in this guide, I am gonna tell you about How To Listen to Apple Music with Amazon Echo or Echo Dot. So read this article, step by step so you may understand it in a better way.
There are many audio streaming services out there, but if you have an Amazon speaker, like the Echo, chances are you mostly use Amazon Music, because that’s what Amazon speakers do by default. However, if you have Apple Music, or are just ready to make a change, you can happily connect Apple Music to your Amazon Alexa speaker and use the platform to play music. Once connected, you can play music from your Apple Music account on any smart Alexa speaker.
Guide: How To Listen to Apple Music with Amazon Echo or Echo Dot
Apple launched Apple Music way back in 2021. Amazon Alexa did not initially support the platform, but it was added to Alexa’s list of potential skills in the following years. At the time of writing, Apple Music is compatible with Alexa and supports Android devices from OS version 4.3. Let’s see how to connect Apple Music to Alexa, how to make this the default music service, then how to disconnect it from Alexa.
There are several requirements to meet before you can play your favorite Apple Music songs through your Amazon Echo. They are:
- You have put up Amazon Alexa on your smartphone or tablet. Both iOS and Android systems are supported.
- You are subscribed to Apple Music. It is compatible with both Android and iOS devices.
- You are in the United States. Apple Music is not available in other countries.
Connect Apple Music and Alexa
First, you need to connect the Alexa app on your Amazon Echo to Apple Music. Follow these steps to connect Apple Music with Alexa.
- Start the Amazon Alexa app on your smartphone or tablet.
- On the main screen of the app, tap the menu icon in the top left corner (the sandwich icon with three horizontal lines).
- Navigate to the “Alexa Preferences” and tap the tab.
- Then tap the “Music” tab.
- In the Music section, find and tap the ‘Link New Service’ button.
- After that, choose Apple Music by tapping on it.
- Tap the ‘Enable to use’ button.
- Follow the app’s instructions and sign in with your Apple ID. If you’re signing in from a new device, you’ll need to verify your identity with two-step verification – your Apple ID password plus a six-digit code.
You can also add the Apple Music skill to your device’s Alexa at alexa.amazon.com.
Make Apple Music your default music service
Users who like Apple Music can make this the default music service on their Amazon Echo speakers. Follow these easy steps if you don’t want to say “on Apple Music” every time you want to hear a song or play your favorite podcast.
- Launch the Amazon Alexa app by clicking the icon on its Home screen or in the app folder.
- Tap the menu icon on the main screen of the app. It’s located in the top right corner.
- Then tap the “Settings” tab.
- Then tap the “Music” tab to open it.
- Once it opens, go to Account Settings.
- Tap the “Standard Services” tab.
- Choose Apple Music from the list of available music services.
Note that all music will now play through Apple Music if you don’t give up the service. You can still use YouTube, Spotify, or other services, but you have to specify which one you want each time.
Disconnect Apple Music from Alexa
Let’s say you want to opt-out of Apple Music for some reason, or you want to remove Apple Music as your default music service on Amazon Alexa. Here’s how.
- Start the Alexa app.
- On the main screen, tap the menu icon in the top right corner (the icon with three horizontal lines).
- Once the main menu has opened, tap the “Settings” tab to select it.
- Then go to the Alexa preferences section of the “Settings” menu.
- Then tap the “Apple Music” tab.
- Finally, tap on the ‘Disable Skill’ button.
You can now set any other music or streaming service as your default music service. Keep in mind that you can always make Apple Music your default music player on Alexa again if you prefer. But first, if you set one up after uninstalling Apple Music, you need to delete the current music service.back to menu ↑
How To Listen to Apple Music with Amazon Echo or Echo Dot: benefits
- The How To Listen to Apple Music with Amazon Echo or Echo Dot tutorial is free.
- This guide already helps so many users follow up with interest in a timely manner.
- The price of the How To Listen to Apple Music with Amazon Echo or Echo Dot guide is free.
Tutorial summary of How To Listen to Apple Music with Amazon Echo or Echo Dot
How this tutorial helping you?
What is actual time in which this method complete?
What are the supported Device?
What are the supported Operating system?
back to menu ↑
I hope you like the guide on How To Listen to Apple Music with Amazon Echo or Echo Dot. In case if you have any query regards this article you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends.
For our visitors: If you have any queries regards How To Listen to Apple Music with Amazon Echo or Echo Dot, then please ask us through the comment section below or directly contact us.
Education: This guide or tutorial is just for educational purposes.
Misinformation: If you want to correct any misinformation about the guide “How To Listen to Apple Music with Amazon Echo or Echo Dot”, then kindly contact us.
Want to add an alternate method: If anyone wants to add more methods to the guide How To Listen to Apple Music with Amazon Echo or Echo Dot, then kindly contact us.
Our Contact: Kindly use our contact page regards any help. You may also use our social and accounts by following us on Whatsapp, Facebook, and Twitter for your questions. We always love to help you. We answer your questions within 24-48 hours (Weekend off).
Channel: If you want the latest software updates and discussion about any software in your pocket, then here is our Telegram channel.