This article is about How to Reset Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Opera to Default Settings. So read this free guide, How to Reset Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Opera to Default Settings step by step. If you have query related to same article you may contact us. So Lets begin this guide:
Guide: How to Reset Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Opera to Default Settings
If too many problems occur in a browser, the best solution may be to reset all settings. Resetting the browser settings usually removes any changes that have been made since the initial installation. This can include everything from disabling add-ons or toolbars to simply clearing temporary data and cookies.
If your browser is having problems and you have tried to delete as much as possible to determine the cause, but have no luck, try resetting the browser to its default state. We’ve made a list how to do this with the top five internet browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer (IE), Opera and Safari.back to menu ↑
Reset Chrome settings to factory settings
Resetting Chrome’s settings affects the following:
- Default search engine and saved search engines are reset to their original default values
- Homepage button will be hidden and the URL you previously set will be deleted
- Default boot tabs are cleared. The browser will show a new tab when you boot or pick up where you left off if you’re using a Chromebook
- The new tab page is blank unless you have a version of Chrome with an extension that controls it. In that case, your page may be preserved
- Pinned tabs are released
- Content settings are cleared and returned to their installation defaults
- Cookies and site data are deleted
- Extensions and themes are disabled
Cool Tip Find out how easy it is to create a custom Google Chrome theme with this guide
Reset the Chrome browser settings by navigating here: Settings> Show advanced settings> Reset browser settings> Reset.
Here are the same steps on how to reset Chrome, but illustrated with screenshots:
Step 1: Open the menu and choose Settings.
Step 2: Choose the link labeled Show advanced settings.
Step 3: Click on the button labeled Reset browser settings.
Step 4: Choose the Reset button to restore Chrome’s settings to their original defaults.
back to menu ↑
Reset Firefox settings to factory settings
Resetting Firefox settings affects the following:
- Extensions and themes
- Site-specific preferences, search engines, download history, DOM storage, security certificate settings, security device settings, download actions, plugin MIME types, toolbar customizations, and user styles are also not saved
- All Firefox services, including Facebook Messenger for Firefox, will be removed
Reset the Firefox browser settings by navigating here: Help> Troubleshooting Information> Reset Firefox> Reset Firefox.
Here are the same steps to reset Firefox, but with the screenshots:
Step 1: Choose either Firefox button (as below) or select the Help File menu. Then choose Troubleshooting Information.
Step 2: Select the button called Reset Firefox to the right of the support page.
Step 3: Confirm the reset by choosing Reset Firefox again.
back to menu ↑
Reset Internet Explorer settings to default
Resetting Internet Explorer settings affects the following:
- Disable toolbars and add-ons
- Default settings of the web browser
- Privacy settings
- Security settings
- Advanced options
- Browsing with tabs
- Pop-up settings
Reset Internet Explorer browser settings by navigating here: Internet Options> Advanced> Reset> Reset.
Here are the steps to reset Internet Explorer with the respective screenshots:
Step 1: Open the Internet Explorer menu and choose Internet Options.
Step 2: Go to the Advanced tab and click on it button labeled Reset.
Step 3: Confirm the reset by choosing Reset again.
Optionally, remove personal settings to return Internet Explorer to a more original state – one that removes the customizations such as the search engine, temporary files, cookies, and passwords.back to menu ↑
Reset Opera settings to default
Resetting Opera’s settings affects the following:
- Made any custom change in the about: config preferences editor
Reset the Opera browser settings by navigating to% AppData% OperaOpera. Delete the file named operaprefs.ini.
And the screenshots:
Step 1: Close Opera and open command prompt from the start menu.
Enter the following command to delete the preferences file: del% AppData% OperaOperaoperaprefs.ini
The file is deleted from the system. The next time Opera is started, the file will be recreated and the custom preferences will be cleared.back to menu ↑
Reset Safari settings to default
Resetting Safari’s settings affects the following:
- All cookies will be deleted
- Saved passwords are deleted
- Saved AutoFill information will be deleted, including those saved during the current browsing session
- Cookies stored by other applications can also be deleted
Reset the Safari browser settings by going to Settings> Reset Safari.
Step 1: Open the Safari settings and choose Reset Safari from the menu.
Step 2: Keep the reset options as they are to remove all possible modifications, which will reset Safari to factory settings.
back to menu ↑
Follow the steps above to restore a browser to simpler settings with adjustments set aside. Problems that can cause performance slowdown or freezing can be due to changes since the first installation.
Please note that as new versions of the above browsers are released, the exact steps and / or screenshots may change slightly.back to menu ↑
How to Reset Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Opera to Default Settings: benefits
- The How to Reset Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Opera to Default Settings tutorial is free .
- This guide already helps so many users follow up with interest in a timely manner.
- The price of the How to Reset Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Opera to Default Settings guide is free.
Tutorial summary of How to Reset Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Opera to Default Settings
How this tutorial helping you?
What is actual time in which this method complete?
What are the supported Device?
back to menu ↑
I hope you like the guide How to Reset Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Opera to Default Settings. In case if you have any query regards this article you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends.
For our visitors: If you have any queries regards the How to Reset Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Opera to Default Settings, then please ask us through the comment section below or directly contact us.
Education: This guide or tutorial is just for educational purposes.
Misinformation: If you want to correct any misinformation about the guide “How to Reset Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Opera to Default Settings”, then kindly contact us.
Want to add an alternate method: If anyone wants to add more methods to the guide How to Reset Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Opera to Default Settings, then kindly contact us.
Our Contact: Kindly use our contact page regards any help. You may also use our social and accounts by following us on Whatsapp, Facebook, and Twitter for your questions. We always love to help you. We answer your questions within 24-48 hours (Weekend off).
Channel: If you want the latest software updates and discussion about any software in your pocket, then here is our Telegram channel.