Hello guys in this guide, I am gonna tell you about How to Restore WhatsApp Messages on Android. So read this article, step by step so you may understand it in a better way.
Guide: How to Restore WhatsApp Messages on Android
Getting rid of old WhatsApp messages can be tricky, especially if you’ve had important conversations with a number of people.
Know how to back up and recovering these messages would be a great idea just in case something unexpected happens. In this article we will teach you how to recover WhatsApp messages on your Android device.back to menu ↑
Back Up on Google Drive
WhatsApp stores all message data on your local storage, which is SD card or phone memory or Google Drive as a backupup is enabled. Backing up data is generally a good idea, if only to avoid the loss of information. Keeping your data on the cloud ensures that you can get it back on an old or new device.
If you don’t have a backupup files to Google Drive, WhatsApp will recover files from your internal phone storage. Internal phone storage backups will store only seven days worth of messages and the rest will be lost.
Back-up switch up to Google Drive on your Android device, you can do the following:
- Make sure your Android device is signed into a Google account. You need one to use Google Drive. If you haven’t already done so, you can do so from the Google Accounts page.
- Install Google Play services from the Google Play Store. Google Play Service and Google Play Store are different apps, so make sure you have them installed. Play Services is the app that automatically backs upup makes up data from other apps from the Store.
- Make sure your phone has enough memory, either on SSD or on the local disk.
- Make sure you have a stable internet connection.
- Open WhatsApp on your device.
- Tap the three dots icon in the top right corner of the screen to open the menu.
- Tap on Settings.
- Tap Chats.
- Scroll down and tap Chatback-up.
- Under Last backup, tapup on Back-up button.
- Under the Goggle Drive settings menu you can set up the frequency with which WhatsApp automatically saves your messages. These options are: a. Back up to Google Drive – Sets the intervals when WhatsApp goes backwards up files. You can choose from Daily, Weekly, Monthly or Manual. If Never is selected, no automatic backupup created from files. B. Google Account – Allows you to select which Google account drive the files are stored on. Note that if you change your Google account, backups of the old account will not be available. If you delete your old Google account, backups from that account will be lost. C. Back up about – Allows you to choose whether you only want to backup via WiFi or whether the app can use mobile data. Note that if mobile data is turned on, you may incur additional data charges. D. Include Videos – If enabled, videos on WhatsApp will also be saved in Google Drive. Remember the free version of Google Drive only up up to 15 GB of data so if you plan to save videos make sure your limit is not filled up.
- Once everything is set up, your phone should automatically return up your files every now and then.
back to menu ↑
Restore your chat history
Restoring files on WhatsApp, as mentioned before, can be done from Google Drive or from local storage. If you want to restore old messages to your WhatsApp messenger, you can do the following:back to menu ↑
Recover from Google Drive
- Reinstall WhatsApp from the Google Play Store. Open the app after installation.
- Please verify your number.
- If there is a previous backupup is stored on Google Drive, you will be prompted to restore these files. Tap Restore.
- Once the process is complete, tap Next. When the initialization is complete, the app will restore your previous chats on your current device.
Recover from local storage
- If you use your old phone and by reinstalling WhatsApp, your locally saved messages will be restored automatically. This is only done if you do not have a Google Drive backupup or if the local backupup is newer than the backupup up on Google Drive.
- If you’re using a new device, the files from your old phone will have to be transferred. This can be done via Bluetooth, via a computer or via an SD card.
- Local files are usually located in the / sdcard / WhatsApp folder. If you can’t find this, look for a / WhatsApp folder on your phone’s memory.
back to menu ↑
Recovery of not-recent files.
Backups, both from Google Drive and internal memory, restore only the most recent backup file. If you have chats from an older backupup To restore, you must rename the local backup storage. To do this, follow these steps:
- Download a file manager app or edit the file with a computer.
- Find the older storage you want to restore. Older files on WhatsApp are usually located under / sdcard / WhatsApp / Databases. If you cannot find this folder on your SD card, try searching for it in your internal memory.
- Once you find the file, rename it from msgstore-YYYY-MM-DD-1.db.crypt12 to msgstore.db.crypt12. This will trick the app thinking it is the most recent save. If the save files were from older versions of WhatsApp, the storage protocols can be crypt9, crypt10 or crypt11. Don’t change them. This causes errors. For example, if the old storage is crypt9, save it as msgstore.db.crypt9 and so on.
- If you have a Google Drive backupup then delete it. You can download the file to another device to keep it safe, but if WhatsApp has a Cloud backupup it may choose to restore the files from there.
- Uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp.
- When reinstalling, tap Restore when prompted.
Very useful Feature
Conversation backups are important if you don’t want to accidentally lose them. It is very convenient to be able to restore them locally or from the cloud feature.
Do you have any others tips and tricks On how to How to recover WhatsApp messages on an Android? Feel free to share them in the comments below.back to menu ↑
How to Restore WhatsApp Messages on Android: benefits
- The How to Restore WhatsApp Messages on Android tutorial is free .
- This guide already helps so many users follow up with interest in a timely manner.
- The price of the How to Restore WhatsApp Messages on Android guide is free.
Tutorial summary of How to Restore WhatsApp Messages on Android
How this tutorial helping you?
What is actual time in which this method complete?
What are the supported Device?
What are the supported Operating system?
back to menu ↑
I hope you like the guide How to Restore WhatsApp Messages on Android. In case if you have any query regards this article you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends.
For our visitors: If you have any queries regards the How to Restore WhatsApp Messages on Android, then please ask us through the comment section below or directly contact us.
Education: This guide or tutorial is just for educational purposes.
Misinformation: If you want to correct any misinformation about the guide “How to Restore WhatsApp Messages on Android”, then kindly contact us.
Want to add an alternate method: If anyone wants to add more methods to the guide How to Restore WhatsApp Messages on Android, then kindly contact us.
Our Contact: Kindly use our contact page regards any help. You may also use our social and accounts by following us on Whatsapp, Facebook, and Twitter for your questions. We always love to help you. We answer your questions within 24-48 hours (Weekend off).
Channel: If you want the latest software updates and discussion about any software in your pocket, then here is our Telegram channel.