This guide is about How you can change your Windows username. So read this free guide, How you can change your Windows username step by step. If you have query related to same article you may contact us.
How you can change your Windows username – Guide
Want to change? Here it is how to change your windows username
If you’ve recently changed your name or simply picked something extremely unprofessional when you bought your PC, then good news: you can find out how to change your Windows username.
There are a few ways to do this, depending on how your Windows account is set up. up.
If you sign in with a Microsoft account, you will need to change your data in the cloud. Please be aware that this will affect any other software linked to the account, which may include Xbox, Skype, Office 365 and Outlook.
Local accounts, however, are only for use on the PC you are patching and changes will not be reflected elsewhere. In any case, here it is how to change your Windows username to something better.
How to change your Windows username through your Microsoft account
1. Press Start and then click Settings.
2. In the window that appears up, click Accounts. It is the third option on the second line.
3. With your account displayed on the screen, press the hyperlink below your name called “Manage my Microsoft account”. This will open a web page in your default browser.
4. Log in, if prompted, and select Your information in the navigation bar at the top of the web page.
5. Press the small text labeled “Edit Name” next to your full name.
6. Enter the desired new name in the “First name” and “Last name” fields, fill in the Captcha and press save.
Again, keep in mind that this will change your name to anything you use a Microsoft account for, which might include Xbox, Skype and Outlook, so think twice before choosing something silly like I did in the demo below.
How to change your Windows username to local accounts
1. Open the Control Panel by pressing the Start button button and then typing “control panel”. Before finishing the first word, the option will have appeared, so click on it.
2. Select “Change Account Type” under “User Accounts”.
3. Select the account you want to modify.
4. Press “Change Account Name”, the first option on the list.
5. Enter the account name of your choice. As Windows explains, this will only show up locally on the Welcome and Start screens, so you’re allowed to be a little more frivolous if you like.
From the news www.tomsguide.com
I hope you like the guide How you can change your Windows username. In case if you have any query regards this article you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends.