This guide is about How you can Reset the Administrator Password in Windows 10. So read this free guide, How you can Reset the Administrator Password in Windows 10 step by step. If you have query related to same article you may contact us.
How you can Reset the Administrator Password in Windows 10 – Guide
If you have forgotten your local Windows 10 account password and it becomes your administrator account, resetting your password becomes a difficult task. In such scenarios, you need to use a dynamic USB stick and accessing the computer from outside the system. This way you can modify system files easily and enter PC without much trouble. To make things simple for you, we’ve put together a detailed guide about how to reset the Windows 10 admin password. So without any delay, let’s skip to the steps right away.
Reset Administrator Password on Windows 10 (2021)
before we start tutorial, let me clarify that none of your files or programs will be affected during this process. You can reset Windows 10 administrator password without any loss for your valuable files. So, with that resolved, let’s move on to the instructions.
1. First of all, you need create a Windows 10 USB installation media. You can use Rufus or Microsoft’s media creation tool to create a bootable Windows USB.
2. Then connect a USB flash drive to the computer and restart the PC. While your PC boots up, start by pressing the boot key continuously.
3. Now, select USB drive in which you upgraded Windows 10 and hit Enter to start the administrator password reset process.
4. When you are at the Windows 10 installer page, press “Shift + F10”To open the Command Prompt.
5. In the Command Prompt window, type diskpart and press Enter. Then type the volume from the list and press Enter. From the volume list, identify your C drive and write down everything mentioned in “Ltr”. This will be the name of your partition. For example mine is D.
6. Now type exit and press Enter to exit Diskpart.
7. After that, enter the partition name like this – d: and press Enter. This goes move you to drive C from your computer. Note that the partition name may be different for your computer.
8. After that, type these commands one by one to move to the “System32”On drive C of your computer.
cd windows cd system 32
9. Once here, type the commands below one by one. This goes rename utilman.exe to cmd.exe. By the way, utilman.exe is responsible for handling accessibility features on the lock screen and will allow us to reset the administrator password on your Windows 10 PC.
rename utilman.exe utilman1.exe rename cmd.exe utilman.exe
10. Now close the Command Prompt window, cancel the Windows 10 installation process, disconnect the USB flash drive and restart the PC. You will normally boot to the lock screen. Here, click on the “Accessibility”Icon in the lower right corner.
10. A command prompt window will open up. On here, type the command below and press Enter. This will allow you to easily reset the Windows 10 administrator password.
11. Now a new password recovery window will appear up. On here, click on “Reset password” button.
12 Set a new password and click the “OK” button button. You have successfully reset the administrator password on your Windows 10 PC.
13. Now log in to your account with new admin password on the lock screen. And presto, you can log into your Windows 10 PC without any problems.
Forgot Windows 10 admin password? Reset administrator password
This is how you can easily reset your Windows 10 administrator password without deleting any of your files or programs. You don’t even need to reinstall Windows 10 to access other partitions. just follow our tutorial and it will work like a charm. Anyway, that’s basically it. If you want to convert MBR to GPT disk without data loss in Windows 10, follow our detailed tutorial connected here. And if you have any questions about this guide, comment them below.
I hope you like the guide How you can Reset the Administrator Password in Windows 10. In case if you have any query regards this article you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends.