iOS, the Apple operating system for iPhone and iPad, receives each year a free major update that is announced in June but is not released to the public before September (the latest one is iOS 13, which the final release date will be announced at the launch of the iPhone 11). But what if you do not want to wait to try the new features?
You must install a beta version. If you are one of these interested users, you will have to go through the process of downloading and installing the public beta. Although it’s not complicated, it’s the way you could generally get the software on your iPhone. So we will guide you and give you a place to ask questions if you need additional help.
Read More: Best iPad Air Screen Protectors In 2019!
In this article, we explain how to join one of these beta programs and how to install and run a beta version of iOS on your iPhone or iPad. Regardless of how you install the beta before doing so, you will want to make an archived backup of your iOS device so that you can restore the items to their current state if your beta experience goes out of sync.
How To Create An Archived Backup Of Your iOS Device
- Plugin your iOS device to your laptop or PC and launch iTunes and click on the iPhone icon to access your device.
- Backup your iPhone. Make sure that you have selected This computer as the location for the backup of your device, and then click Back up now.
- Now, you need to Go to the Preferences menu and select Devices. You will see a list of your latest iPhone backups.
- Control-click on the backup you just made, and on the menu that appears, select Archive. This will prevent subsequent backups from writing over this version.
How To Register Your Account For The iOS 13 Public Beta
- Go to beta.apple.com on the iPhone you want to enroll in the beta.
- Tap Sign up to start. (If you’ve already registered for a previous public beta, click Sign In and proceed to “How to Register Your Device” below.)
- Enter your Apple ID email address and password.
- Tap Sign in.
- Tap Accept to agree to the terms and conditions.
Also Read: Top 10 Best Hacking Apps for iPhone
How To Install The iOS 13 Public Beta
To install the iOS 13 beta, you’ll need to visit Software Update on your iPhone.
- First open Settings from your Home screen, and tap on General, then tap on Software Update.
- Once the update appears, tap on Download and Install.
- Enter your Passcode.
- Tap Agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Tap Agree again to confirm.
Your iPhone will restart to install iOS 13. There will be some progress bars on the screen. Sit down and let everything finish.