After giving a “tearful” interview in the New York Times, You’re here President and CEO Elon Musk Sitting with the popular YouTuber Brownlee Brands for a cat, revealing his plans for a consumer electric vehicle at a price as low as $ 25,000 (about Rs. 17.45 lakh).
“It’s something we could do, if we work really hard, I think we could maybe do it in three years,” Musk told Brownlee (who goes through @MKBHD on YouTube) on Friday. The interview took place on August 15, but a 17-minute video was uploaded by Brownlee on YouTube on Friday – a week after Musk tweeted about take Tesla private with “secure financing” that has created a storm at Tesla’s board of directors and among market watchers.
According to The Verge, Musk said in the YouTube interview that he hoped to expand production to Tesla and reduce its design and technology costs enough to be able to offer a truly mainstream electric vehicle. Currently, the price of the Tesla Model 3 is $35,000 (around 25 lakh) and the Model S is $75,000 (around 52 lakh).
Musk also expressed a desire to improve production to the point that Tesla can manufacture two cars at a time, the paper said. “We really have to figure out how to make two new vehicles at the same time,” Musk told Brownlee.
The YouTube interview took place a day after Musk spoke to NYT about “atrocious time in Tesla, noting that he” almost missed his brother’s wedding this summer and spent his birthday in the US. Tesla offices. new crucial model “.
Earlier this week, Musk confirmed that he was working closely with Goldman Sachs and private equity firm Silver Lake to take over the private sector of the auto sector – an agreement requiring funding close to 70 billion dollars.
“I am excited to be working with Silver Lake and Goldman Sachs as financial advisors, plus Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz and Munger, Tolles & Olson as legal advisers, on the proposal to take Tesla privately,” tweeted Musk.
Musk said that in late July, he met with Saudi sovereign fund representatives to discuss the possible exit of the automaker from the stock market.
He said in a statement that the Saudi sovereign wealth fund had first contacted him “in early 2017 to express (their) interest because of the need to diversify away from oil.”
“I continue to have discussions with the Saudi fund and I also discuss with a number of investors, which I had always planned to do since I would like Tesla to continue to have a broad base of investors”, was -he adds. added.
He stated that he had recently met the Saudis on July 31 and that he had left this meeting “without a doubt that an agreement with the … fund could be closed, and that he it was simply a matter of moving the process forward. ”
“That’s the reason I talked about” secured financing “at the August 7 announcement,” he said, referring to his surprise tweet on that date that he was considering taking Tesla privately.
According to Musk, “two-thirds” of Tesla’s current shareholders would be interested in continuing to hold the shares of the company once it becomes private.