How to enable Facebook Two Step Verification Method like google,outlook ,yahoo and other services
Facebook launched two step verification for Fb accounts and this feature is named Fb “Login Approvals”. This can be a follow-up safety replace regarding Facebook Login from Fb. They’ve already built-in Fb login e mail alerts to get notification emails or SMS messages each time a suspicious person makes use of your Fb account from a different location.
However that feature is not sufficient to ensure your account’s safety and that’s the reason Facebook has launched “Login Approvals“. This function could be very similar with Google 2-step verification which associates a mobile device with your Fb account and authenticates the login by sending a verification code at your mobile phone device.
You possibly can setup Android, iPhone, sensible phones or any easy mobile phone to receive the verification code. When you setup the secondary device for the Login Approvals, just be sure you by no means lose your device. In any other case you’ll be unable to use your Fb account.
Follow the simple steps to setup Fb Login Approvals in your Fb account.
- Go to Account settings after logging in your account (click on on the “Account” link from right-hand-top corner of your account page and then select “Account settings”).
- Under the Settings tab, scroll down to “ Account security ” and click on the “Change” link.
- Under the “Account security” option allow the Login Approvals by selecting the verify field saying “Require me to enter a safety code sent to my phone”. Note: before you proceed You have already a activated mobile phone in your Fb account to get this option.
- An overlay box seems and simply click on the Next button.
- The next step asks youto confirm the entry of your phone by sending a verification code to your secondary device or phone. Grab verification code and press the Nextbutton after entering the code. Though you may request a new verification code in the event you did not receive it in your device or phone where you need to get it.
- As soon as Fb successfully recognize the device, it should begin to send the authentication code everytime you attempt to login to your Facebook account. Now, you’ll have to enter that code along with the username and password for every Facebook login, otherwise you won’t have the ability to login to your account.
Caution: It’s mandatory that you all the time have your device or phone that’s connected with your Fb account with you. In case you lose your device, you will lose your Fb account.
Fb Login Approvals ensures that if anyone manages to crack your Fb username and password, he’ll still need to pass the secondary stage of authentication by providing the code sent into your secondary device. As a result, he’ll fail to get into your account. So, all the time keep your mobile or the device away from a 3rd-party for safety of your Facebook account.
What will happens if you lose the access of your phone?
The Google’s 2-step verification process allows you to to get back the access of your Google account by some special methods in case of you lose your phone. They provides some printable number of authentication codes to back up in emergency situations. Not like the Google, Facebook has no such choice to get again your Fb account when you lose the entry of your phone.
Someday it happens that some one steals your phone or you forget that elsewhere – meaning you’ve lost your Fb account.
But there is way to access your account agian if you lose the access of your phone always open your account in trusted browser and dont clear the cache of that browser on your personal computer or laptop, alternate you can contact facebook with govt. ID proof.
NOTE: Country like india the security is still not available by facebook don’t worry if you want to enable this security in these country. read this article Facebook two step verification enable by changing ip address
If you like my post how to enable facebook two step verification please comment below and subscribe our blog for more update.