DPC watchdog violation errors were first found with the introduction of Windows 8 and later the problems of blue screen and violation errors were repeatedly recorded when Microsoft released Windows 10. It got difficult for the company to handle it on a regular basis and they had to come up with an update to handle the inconvenience. If you also face such kind of problem, do not panic as you are not alone facing the error, and there are many users who are sailing in the same boat.
To fix any problem, it is important to know the cause of the error. The error was found because of the wrong driver introduced with Windows 10 that is the SSD driver. However, there are different ways in which the Watchdog Violation error can be fixed. You can approach professionals, or look for sites that can help you solve the problem. For instance, fixing a DPC watchdog violation with TechLoris would help you solve your problems within moments.
If you are looking for different ways in which you can overcome the DPC watchdog violation error, the tutorial has been framed for you.
Steps to Fix DPC Watchdog Violation Error
The syntax that usually appears on your screen for this error is ‘DPC_Watchdog_Violation’. The consequences for the error can be a BSOD or memory dump. As already discussed, the cause of the error was a wrong use of the driver, so to fix the error, we need to use a different driver. It can be done by making use of the following steps.
- Go to the Control Panel in your system. Then, open the Hardware and Sound section. Here you can find the ‘Device Manager’. Click on it to make the necessary changes.
- The next step is to open the controller’s section. In this case, you would be able to see IDE ATA/ATAPI, controller.
- Now as you click on the controller you will be made available with an option SATA/AHCI. Right click on this controller, and then open properties.
- You will be made available with the driver details. Here you need to select the driver tab and the driver details. Now, you have to ensure that the driver is ‘iastor.sys’. It is important to fix the error.
- If you can locate this driver, you are on the right path and you can continue or else you have to switch to another step.
- The next thing to do if you cannot locate the desired software is to select ‘Update Driver Software’. Browse the list and then choose from the available list of devices.
- As you are made available with the list opt for ‘SATA AHCI Controller’. Select the option and continue for the installation process.
The main aim is to fix the error which can be done by changing the driver and it is possible by following the steps detailed above. Most of the DPC Watchdog Violation errors can be overcome by using the above process.
The other way out is to update the driver software frequently. Whenever an error occurs, Microsoft usually introduces an update. Updating the driver software also proves to be helpful to overcome the DPC Watchdog Violation error.
If you are not able to fix the errors from any of the methods listed above, you can go for updating the motherboard BIOS. It is also an effective way to fix the error.
If you come across the DPC_Watchdog_Error, you can try to Run an event viewer, perform a disk check, check for the compatibility of software and hardware, go for updating all the available software or change the controller to SATA AHCI. By adapting to these methods, you would be able to overcome the error easily. If you do not know how to change the controller, it is described precisely in the blog.