Check tutorial of How to AirDrop from Mac to iPhone or iPad
So after a lot of requests from our users here is a guide about How to AirDrop from Mac to iPhone or iPad.
Did you know you can use AirDrop to send pictures, videos and files from a Mac to an iPhone or iPad? AirDrop between the Mac and an iOS device is fast and works very well, and it is quite easy to use for wireless transfer of images, documents and other data between different devices.
This one tutorial will be detailed how to AirDrop between a Mac and an iPhone or iPad. Of course, you can go the other way as well, as we’ve discussed before with AirDrop from an iPhone to a Mac as well how to AirDrop between two Macs to transfer data wirelessly, so you may also be interested in reading those articles for a thorough understanding of how this great feature to work.
Requirements for using AirDrop from Mac to iOS device are as follows: all devices must be close together, they must support AirDrop (any somewhat modern hardware does), and for best results you will probably want to update the iOS versions and Mac OS versions to the latest available versions. Bluetooth and Wi-Fi must also be enabled on all affected Mac, iPhone and iPad, but when you enable AirDrop, features are also enabled.
How to AirDrop from Mac to iPhone or iPad
Using AirDrop to transfer data between a Mac and an iOS device is a two-step process. First you need to enable AirDrop on the device that will receive the files or images, in this case it would be an iPhone or iPad. Then, from the Mac, choose the files or data you want to send and open AirDrop to send it to the receiving iOS device. For clarity, we split the receiving and sending parts into two different sections:
Part 1: How to Ready AirDrop to receive on iPhone or iPad
First, start with the iPhone or iPad that wants to receive data via AirDrop.
- On the iOS device, go to the Control Center, then tap the AirDrop icon (it looks like a series of concentric circles with the slice cut from the bottom)
- Choose to accept AirDrop reception from “Contacts Only” or “Everyone” depending on who / which Mac you want to receive AirDrop data
- The AirDrop icon will be highlighted in blue around the feature is enabled in iOS
Part 2: How to Send AirDrop files from Mac to iPhone or iPad
Then go to the Mac that has the data to send via AirDrop to the target recipient iPad or iPhone.
- Go to the Finder in Mac OS and choose “AirDrop” in the sidebar, shortly the receiving iPhone or iPad will show up in the AirDrop list on Mac
- In a new Finder window, find the files on the Mac that you want to send via AirDrop
- Now drag the file or files you want to send from Mac to the receiving iPhone or iPad as seen in the AirDrop window
Part 3: How to Get and Access AirDropped Data in iOS
Back to the iPhone or iPad receiving the AirDropped data, you will find one of the following things happening in regards to where the AirDropped files go:
- If the AirDropped data is a photo, image, video, or movie, it will appear in the Photos app in the Camera Roll, as you can see here with a great Windows 95 photo
- If the AirDropped data is any other file type, such as PDF, text document, archive, word document, page file or the like,up will prompt you to open the AirDrop data, or you can choose ‘Save to iCloud Drive’ to save the AirDropped data to iCloud Drive
That is it! As you can see, AirDrop is super easy to use and very convenient, it is one of the easiest ways to get data from Mac to Mac, from Mac to iPhone or iPad as described here as well as AirDropping from iPhone to Mac.
When you’re done using AirDrop, don’t forget to turn AirDrop off again so you don’t leave your AirDrop reception open to someone else and also to avoid unnecessary battery drain.
* In general, using AirDrop with “Contacts Only” is safer and recommended, but you must have the sender in your iOS device contact list for them to see your AirDrop signal. Using ‘Everyone’ could be more compatible and a little easier, but keep in mind that literally anyone at the time can send you AirDrop data if you leave that enabled, so it’s best to turn AirDrop off after you have finished using it.
If you are having trouble getting this to work, don’t forget to update iOS and Mac OS to new versions, enable BlueTooth and Wi-Fi and make sure the devices are close together. Furthermore, you can follow some AirDrop troubleshooting tips for iPhone and iPad, use AirDrop compatibility mode on Mac and make sure AirDrop is turned on in iOS so it shows up.
Do you have a different AirDrop tips or tricks? Let us know in the comments below!
How to AirDrop from Mac to iPhone or iPad Guide is free?
This guide is a free model
Free Trial: May be included, please check on the official site, we mentioned above.
The How to AirDrop from Mac to iPhone or iPad tutorial price is Free or Freemium. This means you can truly enjoy the How to AirDrop from Mac to iPhone or iPad guide.
The How to AirDrop from Mac to iPhone or iPad guide gives you an easy-to-use and efficient management and How to AirDrop from Mac to iPhone or iPad allows you to focus on the most important things. It’s friendly guide to use maybe you will love it and How to AirDrop from Mac to iPhone or iPad tutorial can be used on Linux, Windows or android devices.
How to AirDrop from Mac to iPhone or iPad: benefits
- The How to AirDrop from Mac to iPhone or iPad tutorial is free .
- Helps many users follow up with interest in a timely manner.
- The price of the How to AirDrop from Mac to iPhone or iPad guide is free.
How to AirDrop from Mac to iPhone or iPad: FAQ
Tutorial Summary: How to AirDrop from Mac to iPhone or iPad
How this tutorial helping you?
What is actual time in which this method complete?
What are the supported Device?
What are the supported Operating system?
How to AirDrop from Mac to iPhone or iPad Tutorial: final note
For our visitors: If you have any queries regards the How to AirDrop from Mac to iPhone or iPad, then please ask us through the comment section below or directly contact us.
Education: This guide or tutorial is just for educational purposes.
Misinformation: If you want to correct any misinformation about the guide “How to AirDrop from Mac to iPhone or iPad”, then kindly contact us.
Want to add an alternate method: If anyone wants to add the more methods to the guide How to AirDrop from Mac to iPhone or iPad, then kindly contact us.
Our Contact: Kindly use our contact page regards any help. You may also use our social and accounts by following the Whatsapp, Facebook, and Twitter for your questions. We always love to help you. We answer your questions within 24-48 hours (Weekend off).
Channel: If you want the latest software updates and discussion about any software in your pocket, then here is our Telegram channel.