Check tutorial of Auto Connect to VPN on Boot & Login in Mac OS X
So after a lot of requests from our users here is a guide about Auto Connect to VPN on Boot & Login in Mac OS X.
If you’re using a VPN with a Mac for work or personal use, you may want the Mac to automatically connect to the VPN service when the Mac starts up or when you log in. Or maybe you just want the VPN to reconnect automatically if the connection drops and is lost. This is easily accomplished using a simple AppleScript, which both automatically connects to the VPN on system startup and login, and also checks that the VPN is active and reconnects if necessary.
You will of course need an active VPN service and VPN location setting in Mac OS for this script to work, otherwise the script will have nothing to connect to when logging in and booting the system. If you don’t have or use a VPN (Virtual Private Network) then this is it trick will be of little use to a particular Mac.
How to Automatically connect to VPN on startup or login in Mac OS X.
This auto-connect VPN script should work on any version of macOS or Mac OS X system software. Essentially what we’re doing is putting a connection script in login items so that it automatically loads at system startup and when users log in:
- Open “Script Editor” on the Mac, you can find it in the folder / Applications / Utilities /
- Go to the File menu and choose ‘New’
- Copy and paste the following AppleScript syntax into the new blank script editor:
- Replace “VPN NAME” with the name of the corresponding VPN network location as found in System Preferences Network Control Panel (you can also change the return number to check the network more or less often, in seconds)
- Go to the “File” menu again and choose “Save”
- Choose ‘Application’ from the ‘File format’ drop-down menu
- Check the box next to ‘Stay open’
- Now choose “Save” and give the VPN script and an obvious name (such as ‘AutoVPN’) and put it somewhere easy to find, such as the desktop or users home directory
- Then go to the Apple menu and select “System Preferences” and go to the “Users & Groups” control panel
- Choose the active username and then select “Login Items”
- Drag the ‘AutoVPN’ AppleScript application you created into the Login Items section so that it is automatically loaded at login and system startup
on idletell application “System events” tell the current location of the network preference set myVPN to the service “VPN NAME” if myVPN is not null and if the current configuration of myVPN is not connected then connect myVPNend ifend ifend tellreturn 60 count inactive
Every time you restart the Mac or log in after you log out, the VPN service will automatically connect. Likewise, if the service is disconnected for some reason, it will try to reconnect to the VPN automatically.
Variations of this handy AppleScript have been around for centuries and for a variety of purposes, and as it is demonstrated here how to automatically connect to a VPN when logging in and reconnect to a VPN if the connection is lost, it can be adjusted to perform other actions or automatically connect and reconnect to other services including wifi or ethernet networks.
Know of another useful trick automatically connect to a VPN network on a Mac? Or do you have a better solution or script? Let us know in the comments.
Auto Connect to VPN on Boot & Login in Mac OS X Guide is free?
This guide is a free model
Free Trial: May be included, please check on the official site, we mentioned above.
The Auto Connect to VPN on Boot & Login in Mac OS X tutorial price is Free or Freemium. This means you can truly enjoy the Auto Connect to VPN on Boot & Login in Mac OS X guide.
The Auto Connect to VPN on Boot & Login in Mac OS X guide gives you an easy-to-use and efficient management and Auto Connect to VPN on Boot & Login in Mac OS X allows you to focus on the most important things. It’s friendly guide to use maybe you will love it and Auto Connect to VPN on Boot & Login in Mac OS X tutorial can be used on Linux, Windows or android devices.
Auto Connect to VPN on Boot & Login in Mac OS X: benefits
- The Auto Connect to VPN on Boot & Login in Mac OS X tutorial is free .
- Helps many users follow up with interest in a timely manner.
- The price of the Auto Connect to VPN on Boot & Login in Mac OS X guide is free.
Auto Connect to VPN on Boot & Login in Mac OS X: FAQ
Tutorial Summary: Auto Connect to VPN on Boot & Login in Mac OS X
How this tutorial helping you?
What is actual time in which this method complete?
What are the supported Device?
What are the supported Operating system?
Auto Connect to VPN on Boot & Login in Mac OS X Tutorial: final note
For our visitors: If you have any queries regards the Auto Connect to VPN on Boot & Login in Mac OS X, then please ask us through the comment section below or directly contact us.
Education: This guide or tutorial is just for educational purposes.
Misinformation: If you want to correct any misinformation about the guide “Auto Connect to VPN on Boot & Login in Mac OS X”, then kindly contact us.
Want to add an alternate method: If anyone wants to add the more methods to the guide Auto Connect to VPN on Boot & Login in Mac OS X, then kindly contact us.
Our Contact: Kindly use our contact page regards any help. You may also use our social and accounts by following the Whatsapp, Facebook, and Twitter for your questions. We always love to help you. We answer your questions within 24-48 hours (Weekend off).
Channel: If you want the latest software updates and discussion about any software in your pocket, then here is our Telegram channel.