Check tutorial of Change the Login Screen Wallpaper in OS X Mavericks
So after a lot of requests from our users here is a guide about Change the Login Screen Wallpaper in OS X Mavericks.
Changing the login screen background is a great way to customize the look of a Mac. However, the process for doing this seems to change with every release of OS X, and it’s no different with changing the login wallpaper in OS X Mavericks. Changed again with OS X 10.9, you’ll find that instead of replacing a single file with a new image, you need to replace four separate files to get a similar login window customization, both on startup. system as with switching logins with Fast User Switching.
The walkthrough below will do replace the boring OS X Mavericks gray background in the login screen with an image of your choice. But there’s a catch: doing this will remove the Apple logo you see on the login screen because what you’re really doing is replacing that Apple logo image with a larger image that is the background is going to be.
Read the entire instructions before beginning this process. If this seems too complicated or complicated, you should probably wait for a simpler solution or a third party tool that automates the process. We’re working on a simpler solution, but in the meantime, this works if you don’t mind sacrificing the Apple logo you see on the login screen.
- Some patience, familiarity with Finder, and modifying basic system files
- A large image converted to PNG format at your screen resolution or higher. Need a nice picture? View our wallpaper archives
- No problem losing the Apple logo on login screen to be replaced with your custom image
Comfortable with that? Don’t mind losing that Apple logo above the usernames on the authentication screen? Then you can continue. You should probably go back up your Mac very quickly with Time Machine before you even start, in case you do accidental damage in some way and replace or delete something beyond the scope of this walkthrough. Proceed at your own risk as usual.
Change the login screen background in OS X Mavericks
- Find the image you want to use as the new login screen background, open it with Preview and convert it to a PNG file with “Save As” or “Export As” – the file must be a PNG document
- Return to the OS X Finder and make 4 (yes, four) copies of the PNG file, rename the files exactly so that they are: apple.png apple_s1.png firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
- Create a new folder somewhere in the Finder (Desktop is fine) called “loginscreenbackups” or something similar – if you don’t, you won’t be able to revert to the default gray background
- Hit Command + Shift + G and go to the next long directory path:
- Locate the files named “apple_s1.png”, “firstname.lastname@example.org”, “apple.png” and “email@example.com” and make a copy of these files in the previously created “loginscreenbackups” folder on the desktop – you can do this by holding down OPTION while dragging the files
- Now drag the four PNG files you created and named in step 2 into this Sources folder and replace the existing files
- Confirm that you want to replace the images, you need to authenticate with an administrator password to confirm the file replacement
- The new images are now in the Sources folder, visible as thumbnails, you are almost done so close this window:
- To see the new login screen wallpaper, log out normally, bring up the lock screen or use Fast User Switching to effect the changed images
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/LoginUIKit.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LoginUICore.framework/Resources/(Split into two parts, that path is: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/LoginUIKit.framework/ followed by Versions / A / Frameworks / LoginUICore.framework / Resources /)
In this walkthrough example, we’ve used a galaxy image as a replacement login background, which looks nice and chic:
Update: Upon request, here is the Galaxy wallpaper used in our walkthrough:
Separately, and a much simpler process, you can add a login screen message to this screen if you wish. This is a good place to post a friendly message or enter computer ownership information such as a phone number, name and e-mail address.
There can come an end up This is an easier way to do this, either through a single file replacement or a third party utility, but this method has since been confirmed to work with OS X Mavericks (10.9). Remember, the utilities and tricks that worked with changing login background images in earlier versions of OS X, from Snow Leopard to the linen images in Lion and Mountain Lion, no longer have any effect. On the other hand, the method described above will go back to Lion and Mountain Lion as they replace the Apple logo instead of the linen image.
Change the Login Screen Wallpaper in OS X Mavericks Guide is free?
This guide is a free model
Free Trial: May be included, please check on the official site, we mentioned above.
The Change the Login Screen Wallpaper in OS X Mavericks tutorial price is Free or Freemium. This means you can truly enjoy the Change the Login Screen Wallpaper in OS X Mavericks guide.
The Change the Login Screen Wallpaper in OS X Mavericks guide gives you an easy-to-use and efficient management and Change the Login Screen Wallpaper in OS X Mavericks allows you to focus on the most important things. It’s friendly guide to use maybe you will love it and Change the Login Screen Wallpaper in OS X Mavericks tutorial can be used on Linux, Windows or android devices.
Change the Login Screen Wallpaper in OS X Mavericks: benefits
- The Change the Login Screen Wallpaper in OS X Mavericks tutorial is free .
- Helps many users follow up with interest in a timely manner.
- The price of the Change the Login Screen Wallpaper in OS X Mavericks guide is free.
Change the Login Screen Wallpaper in OS X Mavericks: FAQ
Tutorial Summary: Change the Login Screen Wallpaper in OS X Mavericks
How this tutorial helping you?
What is actual time in which this method complete?
What are the supported Device?
What are the supported Operating system?
Change the Login Screen Wallpaper in OS X Mavericks Tutorial: final note
For our visitors: If you have any queries regards the Change the Login Screen Wallpaper in OS X Mavericks, then please ask us through the comment section below or directly contact us.
Education: This guide or tutorial is just for educational purposes.
Misinformation: If you want to correct any misinformation about the guide “Change the Login Screen Wallpaper in OS X Mavericks”, then kindly contact us.
Want to add an alternate method: If anyone wants to add the more methods to the guide Change the Login Screen Wallpaper in OS X Mavericks, then kindly contact us.
Our Contact: Kindly use our contact page regards any help. You may also use our social and accounts by following the Whatsapp, Facebook, and Twitter for your questions. We always love to help you. We answer your questions within 24-48 hours (Weekend off).
Channel: If you want the latest software updates and discussion about any software in your pocket, then here is our Telegram channel.