Check tutorial of How to Clean Install MacOS Catalina
So after a lot of requests from our users here is a guide about How to Clean Install MacOS Catalina.
Some Mac users may want to perform a clean install of MacOS Catalina on a Mac. A clean install represents a fresh start and is accomplished by erasing all data from the Mac hard drive and then performing a fresh, clean install of MacOS Catalina on that Mac. A clean install feels like getting a new Mac in the sense that there is no data on the device at all, there are no apps, no user accounts or user data, no system preferences or customizations, there is nothing left on the Mac everything, it is just an empty fresh install of MacOS Catalina.
Clean installs are not recommended for most Mac users and as the hard drive is erased it can cause permanent data loss so this is really only suitable for advanced users with compelling need to format their Mac and start over, or if someone does. sell or transfer ownership of a Mac or otherwise. Make sure you have a full backupup of your Mac and created all important data before proceeding.
A clean install of MacOS Catalina 10.15.x requires the following:
- The Mac must be compatible with macOS Catalina
- Have a macOS Catalina boot USB installation drive already created and ready to use
- Have a full backupup your Mac and all important data, use Time Machine to back upup or another thorough backup method of your choice.
It is important to remember that a clean install will erase all data and everything on the Mac. All personal data, apps, files and everything on the Mac will be erased during this process. Failure to have sufficient data backups can result in permanent data loss, so proceed at your own risk.
How to Clean MacOS Catalina
Warning: This will erase everything on the Mac. Do not proceed unless you are comfortable with deleting all data and making backups.
- Complete a full Time Machine backupup before starting – skip creating a full backupup not about
- Connect the MacOS Catalina installer to the USB port on the Mac
- Restart the computer
- Immediately hold down the OPTION key until the boot menu appears on the screen, then choose the “Install macOS Catalina” drive from the boot menu
- In the “macOS Utilities” screen, choose “Disk Utility”
- In Disk Utility, select ‘Macintosh HD’ (or the name of the drive to be erased and delete Catalina to clean) then click ‘Erase’ button
- Choose “Macintosh HD” as the name, then go to “Format” and select APFS, then choose “Erase” – WARNING: THIS WILL DELETE ALL DATA ON THE MAC
- Exit Disk Utility when you have finished formatting the drive
- In the ‘macOS Utilities’ screen, select ‘Install macOS’ from the options again
- Select “Macintosh HD” as the destination to install MacOS Catalina and then choose “Install” to begin the clean installation of MacOS Catalina
This will start the process of clean installation of MacOS Catalina on the Mac. It may take a while. The Mac will automatically reboot itself during the process, let it finish, and won’t interrupt the installation.
After the clean install of Catalina is complete, reboot the Mac with a fresh and fresh install of MacOS Catalina, similar to getting a new computer and turning it on for the first time.
Since the Mac was wiped during this process, there will be no personal files, no apps, no preferences, no settings, no customization whatsoever on the Mac, it will be like it’s new, so this is popularly called a “clean install In the tech world.
The Mac will basically appear at this point as if it were new, and you are free to either restore data to it from backups, or start over without restoring or copying anything back to the computer.
Some users may choose to perform a clean install as a troubleshooting method if they often encounter problems with their system software. However, if you are having problems with MacOS Catalina, check out this troubleshooting guide for help troubleshooting macOS Catalina issues.
Were you able to successfully perform a clean install of MacOS Catalina? Do you use a different approach to clean Catalina? Let us know your experiences and thoughts in the comments.
How to Clean Install MacOS Catalina Guide is free?
This guide is a free model
Free Trial: May be included, please check on the official site, we mentioned above.
The How to Clean Install MacOS Catalina tutorial price is Free or Freemium. This means you can truly enjoy the How to Clean Install MacOS Catalina guide.
The How to Clean Install MacOS Catalina guide gives you an easy-to-use and efficient management and How to Clean Install MacOS Catalina allows you to focus on the most important things. It’s friendly guide to use maybe you will love it and How to Clean Install MacOS Catalina tutorial can be used on Linux, Windows or android devices.
How to Clean Install MacOS Catalina: benefits
- The How to Clean Install MacOS Catalina tutorial is free .
- Helps many users follow up with interest in a timely manner.
- The price of the How to Clean Install MacOS Catalina guide is free.
How to Clean Install MacOS Catalina: FAQ
Tutorial Summary: How to Clean Install MacOS Catalina
How this tutorial helping you?
What is actual time in which this method complete?
What are the supported Device?
What are the supported Operating system?
How to Clean Install MacOS Catalina Tutorial: final note
For our visitors: If you have any queries regards the How to Clean Install MacOS Catalina, then please ask us through the comment section below or directly contact us.
Education: This guide or tutorial is just for educational purposes.
Misinformation: If you want to correct any misinformation about the guide “How to Clean Install MacOS Catalina”, then kindly contact us.
Want to add an alternate method: If anyone wants to add the more methods to the guide How to Clean Install MacOS Catalina, then kindly contact us.
Our Contact: Kindly use our contact page regards any help. You may also use our social and accounts by following the Whatsapp, Facebook, and Twitter for your questions. We always love to help you. We answer your questions within 24-48 hours (Weekend off).
Channel: If you want the latest software updates and discussion about any software in your pocket, then here is our Telegram channel.