Check tutorial of How to Clean Install macOS Sierra
So after a lot of requests from our users here is a guide about How to Clean Install macOS Sierra.
Some advanced Mac users may want to perform a clean install of macOS Sierra, which is essentially the process of wiping a hard drive and then starting over with a fresh, clean install of macOS Sierra 10.12. After the clean installation is complete, a separate backupup of all necessary files manually restored to recover personal data. A clean install can be desirable for many reasons, including to start over or as a troubleshooting method for extreme problems, but it really isn’t suitable for all Mac users.
Because the clean installation process involves manual backups up important files and data from a Mac (not just using Time Machine), format the hard drive and erase everything in the process, use a boot installation disc to perform a clean install of Sierra, then manual file transfers to personal data This is best reserved for advanced users. The vast majority of Mac users will be better served updating to macOS Sierra using the standard install and update method through the Mac App Store.
If you understand the purpose and are comfortable with the clean installation process, you will need the following:
- Bootable macOS Sierra installer
- A Mac that is compatible with macOS Sierra (see the list of Sierra-compatible Macs here)
- A manual backupup of your personal files, data, photos and important information
Important note: a clean install will erase everything on the Mac and then install macOS Sierranothing else will be on the Mac. Swiping over and starting over is the whole point of this. Therefore, you must manually back upup of your data, using a method of your choice. This is NOT the same as running and restoring Time Machine. If you don’t know what to do with manual file backups or with a clean install of macOS Sierra then don’t go any further, you will lose all data on Mac.
How to Clean Install macOS Sierra
- Back upup to Time Machine before you start. We recommend that you have a full Time Machine backupup in addition to your manual file backupup from which you want to manually recover data. Make sure you come back up your important files, images, data or whatever – don’t skip this. Performing a clean install will erase your Mac and lose any data that you have not stored on an external volume
- Connect the boot drive of macOS Sierra installation to the Mac
- Restart the computer as soon as you hear the startup chime and hold down the OPTION key during startup up
- Keep holding the OPTION key until you see a boot menu appear, choose the volume “Install macOS Sierra” from this menu
- When the “macOS Utilities” screen loads, choose “Disk Utility” from the list
- Select “Macintosh HD” (or the name of your target Mac drive to format and clean Sierra), then choose “Erase” button
- Keep the drive named “Macintosh HD” (or rename it if you want), then go to “Format” and choose “Mac OS Extended (Journaled)”, then click “Erase” – ALL DATA WILL BE ON MAC REMOVED AND ERASED, THIS IS IRREVERSIBLE
- After the drive is formatted, exit Disk Utility to return to the macOS Utilities screen
- Choose “Install macOS Sierra” from the menu options
- Click “Continue” and agree to the terms, then select “Macintosh HD” (or the name of the target drive) from the drive list, then choose “Install”
- Have macOS Sierra installed, the whole installation process can take a while, so be prepared to wait
When the macOS Sierra installation is complete, it will reboot with a clean install of macOS Sierra and go straight into the Mac OS installation process.
The Mac won’t have anything on it, just macOS Sierra. There will be no third-party apps, no data, no personal files, no pictures, no music, no personal information, it’s just like getting a brand new Mac in that sense, which is the whole purpose of the clean install process.
Once you’re on the mac OS 10.12 desktop, you’re ready to manually copy your files, apps, and personal information back to the Mac, or you can start from scratch with nothing on the computer at all. To enjoy! And don’t miss to check out some of the best macOS features.
How to Clean Install macOS Sierra Guide is free?
This guide is a free model
Free Trial: May be included, please check on the official site, we mentioned above.
The How to Clean Install macOS Sierra tutorial price is Free or Freemium. This means you can truly enjoy the How to Clean Install macOS Sierra guide.
The How to Clean Install macOS Sierra guide gives you an easy-to-use and efficient management and How to Clean Install macOS Sierra allows you to focus on the most important things. It’s friendly guide to use maybe you will love it and How to Clean Install macOS Sierra tutorial can be used on Linux, Windows or android devices.
How to Clean Install macOS Sierra: benefits
- The How to Clean Install macOS Sierra tutorial is free .
- Helps many users follow up with interest in a timely manner.
- The price of the How to Clean Install macOS Sierra guide is free.
How to Clean Install macOS Sierra: FAQ
Tutorial Summary: How to Clean Install macOS Sierra
How this tutorial helping you?
What is actual time in which this method complete?
What are the supported Device?
What are the supported Operating system?
How to Clean Install macOS Sierra Tutorial: final note
For our visitors: If you have any queries regards the How to Clean Install macOS Sierra, then please ask us through the comment section below or directly contact us.
Education: This guide or tutorial is just for educational purposes.
Misinformation: If you want to correct any misinformation about the guide “How to Clean Install macOS Sierra”, then kindly contact us.
Want to add an alternate method: If anyone wants to add the more methods to the guide How to Clean Install macOS Sierra, then kindly contact us.
Our Contact: Kindly use our contact page regards any help. You may also use our social and accounts by following the Whatsapp, Facebook, and Twitter for your questions. We always love to help you. We answer your questions within 24-48 hours (Weekend off).
Channel: If you want the latest software updates and discussion about any software in your pocket, then here is our Telegram channel.