Check tutorial of How to Clean Install OS X Mountain Lion
So after a lot of requests from our users here is a guide about How to Clean Install OS X Mountain Lion.
While most users will benefit best from the simple upgrade process to OS X Mountain Lion through the Mac App Store, some people want to do a clean install and start with a clean slate. A clean install means the drive has been completely erased and Mac OS X 10.8 is freshly installed, nothing else is on the drive, no apps installed, and no files included.
The process described below will format the selected Mac drive and erase everything on it, followed by a completely clean and fresh install of OS X Mountain Lion.
We highly recommend support up your Mac before performing a clean install, even if you don’t plan on using it afterward.
- If you don’t have it yet, get Mountain Lion from the Mac App Store, but don’t install it yet (or download it again if you have installed it)
- Create a bootable installation drive for OS X Mountain Lion, create one manually with a USB drive, or use the LionDiskMaker tool to automate the process with a USB or DVD
- With the boot installation disk connected to the Mac, reboot and hold the Option key
- Choose the boot volume of “Mac OS X Installer” from the boot menu
- Select “Disk Utility” and choose the hard drive you want to format, click the “Erase” tab and pull down the “Format” menu and select “Mac OS Extended (Journaled)” as the type, name the drive as you wish
- Click on “Delete” button and have the drive formatted – this is the point of no return
- When you are done, exit Disk Utility and now select the “Install Mac OS X” option from the menu
- Choose your freshly formatted hard drive and install Mountain Lion
When the Mac reboots, you’ll have a clean install of Mac OS X 10.8 to work with.
At this point you can import files and apps from the backupup that you have created manually over a backupup up files, or just start over.
How to Clean Install OS X Mountain Lion Guide is free?
This guide is a free model
Free Trial: May be included, please check on the official site, we mentioned above.
The How to Clean Install OS X Mountain Lion tutorial price is Free or Freemium. This means you can truly enjoy the How to Clean Install OS X Mountain Lion guide.
The How to Clean Install OS X Mountain Lion guide gives you an easy-to-use and efficient management and How to Clean Install OS X Mountain Lion allows you to focus on the most important things. It’s friendly guide to use maybe you will love it and How to Clean Install OS X Mountain Lion tutorial can be used on Linux, Windows or android devices.
How to Clean Install OS X Mountain Lion: benefits
- The How to Clean Install OS X Mountain Lion tutorial is free .
- Helps many users follow up with interest in a timely manner.
- The price of the How to Clean Install OS X Mountain Lion guide is free.
How to Clean Install OS X Mountain Lion: FAQ
Tutorial Summary: How to Clean Install OS X Mountain Lion
How this tutorial helping you?
What is actual time in which this method complete?
What are the supported Device?
What are the supported Operating system?
How to Clean Install OS X Mountain Lion Tutorial: final note
For our visitors: If you have any queries regards the How to Clean Install OS X Mountain Lion, then please ask us through the comment section below or directly contact us.
Education: This guide or tutorial is just for educational purposes.
Misinformation: If you want to correct any misinformation about the guide “How to Clean Install OS X Mountain Lion”, then kindly contact us.
Want to add an alternate method: If anyone wants to add the more methods to the guide How to Clean Install OS X Mountain Lion, then kindly contact us.
Our Contact: Kindly use our contact page regards any help. You may also use our social and accounts by following the Whatsapp, Facebook, and Twitter for your questions. We always love to help you. We answer your questions within 24-48 hours (Weekend off).
Channel: If you want the latest software updates and discussion about any software in your pocket, then here is our Telegram channel.