Check tutorial of How to Convert Word Doc to Google Docs
So after a lot of requests from our users here is a guide about How to Convert Word Doc to Google Docs.
Do you want to use Google Docs to work on Word documents? If so, you’ll be happy to know that Google Docs natively supports Microsoft Word documents, and you can even convert them to Google Docs if you want.
Docs is Google’s equivalent of Microsoft Word used by different people for their word processing needs. Sure, Microsoft Word may be the most popular word processing software out there, but if you prefer using Google’s cloud-based productivity apps or if you already use G Suite for business, Google Docs may be the better option for you.
Do you want to learn how Microsoft Office files work with G Suite? Read on to learn how to convert Word documents to Google Docs with ease.
How to Convert Word document to Google documents
Before you can convert a Word document to Google Docs, you need to upload the file with Google Drive to Google’s servers. Just follow the steps below to get started.
- Go to drive.google.com in your web browser and sign in with your Google account. Once you are in Google Drive home page, click “New” in the left pane.
- Then choose “Upload File” from the drop-down menu and locate the Word document on your computer to upload it.
- Now the file you uploaded will be displayed up in Google Drive, as shown here. Right-click on the document, click “Open With” from the drop-down menu and choose “Google Docs”.
- The Word document will open in Google Docs without any problems, but the file format is indicated right next to the file name. To convert it, click on “File” in the menu bar and choose “Save as Google Docs” from the drop-down menu.
- That is it. You have successfully saved the document as Google Docs. You will no longer see the .docx format next to the file name. You can download this Google Docs file to your computer at any time by going to File -> Download and choosing one of the supported formats.
There you go. Now you know how easy it is to convert Word document to Google Docs. Pretty easy, right?
You can follow the steps above to convert a Word document on any device with a web browser. Therefore, it doesn’t matter whether you are using a Windows PC, Mac or Linux machine. You can also try this on an iPad, since iPadOS features a desktop-class web browser.
As you can see here, you don’t even need to convert it to Google Docs to continue working on the Word document as the file format is natively supported. When you have finished working on the document, you can download it as a .docx file and send it to your colleagues who use Microsoft Word for their word processing needs.
If one of your colleagues is a Mac user, you may receive a Pages file from them that cannot be viewed on Google Drive or Microsoft Word without conversion. Fortunately, you can use iCloud.com to convert Pages to a Word document online and then open it in Google Docs for editing.
We hope you were able to convert your Word documents to Google Docs without any problems. Why do you prefer Google Docs to Microsoft Word? Are you subscribed to G Suite? Share your valuable thoughts and experiences in the comments section below.
How to Convert Word Doc to Google Docs Guide is free?
This guide is a free model
Free Trial: May be included, please check on the official site, we mentioned above.
The How to Convert Word Doc to Google Docs tutorial price is Free or Freemium. This means you can truly enjoy the How to Convert Word Doc to Google Docs guide.
The How to Convert Word Doc to Google Docs guide gives you an easy-to-use and efficient management and How to Convert Word Doc to Google Docs allows you to focus on the most important things. It’s friendly guide to use maybe you will love it and How to Convert Word Doc to Google Docs tutorial can be used on Linux, Windows or android devices.
How to Convert Word Doc to Google Docs: benefits
- The How to Convert Word Doc to Google Docs tutorial is free .
- Helps many users follow up with interest in a timely manner.
- The price of the How to Convert Word Doc to Google Docs guide is free.
How to Convert Word Doc to Google Docs: FAQ
Tutorial Summary: How to Convert Word Doc to Google Docs
How this tutorial helping you?
What is actual time in which this method complete?
What are the supported Device?
What are the supported Operating system?
How to Convert Word Doc to Google Docs Tutorial: final note
For our visitors: If you have any queries regards the How to Convert Word Doc to Google Docs, then please ask us through the comment section below or directly contact us.
Education: This guide or tutorial is just for educational purposes.
Misinformation: If you want to correct any misinformation about the guide “How to Convert Word Doc to Google Docs”, then kindly contact us.
Want to add an alternate method: If anyone wants to add the more methods to the guide How to Convert Word Doc to Google Docs, then kindly contact us.
Our Contact: Kindly use our contact page regards any help. You may also use our social and accounts by following the Whatsapp, Facebook, and Twitter for your questions. We always love to help you. We answer your questions within 24-48 hours (Weekend off).
Channel: If you want the latest software updates and discussion about any software in your pocket, then here is our Telegram channel.