Check tutorial of How to Create Custom Keyboard Shortcuts in Mac OS
So after a lot of requests from our users here is a guide about How to Create Custom Keyboard Shortcuts in Mac OS.
Did you know you can create a custom keyboard shortcut for any menu item on the Mac? You can create keystrokes for common action items in many applications, or even just for a specific menu option in a particular application. Creating custom keyboard shortcuts in Mac OS is an excellent tool for power users, but despite being robust and highly customizable, it’s actually quite easy to implement and useful for all Mac user levels.
This is an excellent Mac user tip, and if you find yourself often opening the same menu items within an app or all applications, consider setting them up a custom shortcut for that item to speed up up your workflow. This one tutorial goes through the correct steps to create a custom keystroke from a menu item, it works in almost any version of Mac OS too.
How to Create custom keyboard shortcut on Mac
This works to create a custom keyboard shortcut in macOS and Mac OS X, the technique is compatible and behaves the same in almost any version of Mac OS system software over a decade old. Here’s how this is excellent feature to work:
- From MacOS, go to the Apple menu and choose “System Preferences”, then go to the “Keyboard” preference pane
- Choose the “Shortcuts” tab, then select “App Shortcuts” from the menu on the left
- Click on the plus “+” button to create a new keyboard shortcut on Mac
- Next to ‘Application’ choose whether you want to use the shortcut in all applications or a specific application (in this example we use ‘All applications’)
- Next to ‘Menu title:’ type the exact name of the menu item for which you want to create a shortcut (in our example, we use ‘Rename …’ in the File menu)
- Click on “Hotkey:” and press the exact keystroke you want to use for the hotkey you are creating (in this example, we will use Command + Control + R)
- Click “Add” when you are done
- Go to an application with the aforementioned menu item available and pull down the menu to confirm that your custom keyboard shortcut is now available for use (in this example, “Rename …” now has the custom keystroke next to it)
Note that you must use the exact menu item syntax to create custom keyboard shortcuts. That includes any capitalization, punctuation, periods, and precise text – the name entered for the keystroke must absolutely match the menu item for the menu key to work.
You must choose a custom shortcut that does not overlap or interfere with an existing shortcut used on the Mac, in all applications as well as in the chosen application.
When you’re done creating your custom keyboard shortcut, move on and go to an application and a suitable scenario to test the keyboard shortcut. If you follow the example we’re using to create a ‘rename’ keyboard shortcut, simply open a file in an app like TextEdit or Preview (or any other app that has the File> Rename option) and press the appropriate keyboard shortcut to launch that function, in this case rename the file that is currently open and in the foreground.
We’ve used variations of custom keystrokes in many previous versions tipsincluding performing actions such as setting a Save as PDF shortcut, creating new emails with an attachment via keystrokes, using Save As on Mac versions that have the keystroke removed, and much more. The options are wide and comprehensive and include system functionality, default apps and third party apps, if it’s in a menu you can make it a keystroke.
Create custom Mac keyboard shortcuts for all applications versus specific applications
A brief explanation of how to use All applications versus a specific app when setting up up custom keystrokes:
- Create a custom shortcut for ALL applications – if you choose All Applications, that shortcut can be used in any app that has the menu option. This is especially relevant for common shared menu items, such as File and Edit menu items in all Mac apps
- Create a custom shortcut for a specific application – if you choose a specific app, that shortcut will only be created for the selected application. This is useful if you use a particular menu item in an application quite often, such as to flip a photo or zoom in on a window, or another app-specific menu item.
Is this great trick or what? Mac users have been using custom keyboard shortcuts for years, but as you can see, setting them up isn’t particularly difficult up, so even if you’re more of a novice user, you should be able to do something about this tip.
Do you create custom keyboard shortcuts on your Mac? Do you have any particularly useful keystrokes or keyboard shortcuts that you use that you want to share with other users? Let us know in the comments!
How to Create Custom Keyboard Shortcuts in Mac OS Guide is free?
This guide is a free model
Free Trial: May be included, please check on the official site, we mentioned above.
The How to Create Custom Keyboard Shortcuts in Mac OS tutorial price is Free or Freemium. This means you can truly enjoy the How to Create Custom Keyboard Shortcuts in Mac OS guide.
The How to Create Custom Keyboard Shortcuts in Mac OS guide gives you an easy-to-use and efficient management and How to Create Custom Keyboard Shortcuts in Mac OS allows you to focus on the most important things. It’s friendly guide to use maybe you will love it and How to Create Custom Keyboard Shortcuts in Mac OS tutorial can be used on Linux, Windows or android devices.
How to Create Custom Keyboard Shortcuts in Mac OS: benefits
- The How to Create Custom Keyboard Shortcuts in Mac OS tutorial is free .
- Helps many users follow up with interest in a timely manner.
- The price of the How to Create Custom Keyboard Shortcuts in Mac OS guide is free.
How to Create Custom Keyboard Shortcuts in Mac OS: FAQ
Tutorial Summary: How to Create Custom Keyboard Shortcuts in Mac OS
How this tutorial helping you?
What is actual time in which this method complete?
What are the supported Device?
What are the supported Operating system?
How to Create Custom Keyboard Shortcuts in Mac OS Tutorial: final note
For our visitors: If you have any queries regards the How to Create Custom Keyboard Shortcuts in Mac OS, then please ask us through the comment section below or directly contact us.
Education: This guide or tutorial is just for educational purposes.
Misinformation: If you want to correct any misinformation about the guide “How to Create Custom Keyboard Shortcuts in Mac OS”, then kindly contact us.
Want to add an alternate method: If anyone wants to add the more methods to the guide How to Create Custom Keyboard Shortcuts in Mac OS, then kindly contact us.
Our Contact: Kindly use our contact page regards any help. You may also use our social and accounts by following the Whatsapp, Facebook, and Twitter for your questions. We always love to help you. We answer your questions within 24-48 hours (Weekend off).
Channel: If you want the latest software updates and discussion about any software in your pocket, then here is our Telegram channel.