Check tutorial of How to Crop Video on Mac with iMovie
So after a lot of requests from our users here is a guide about How to Crop Video on Mac with iMovie.
If you’ve ever recorded a video or movie and found that part of the surrounding frame is unnecessary or irrelevant, you can use an editing feature to crop the video to focus on what the focus of the movie should be to be. This one tutorial Will show you how to quickly crop a video on Mac with iMovie.
Remember, trimming a video is completely different from trimming the length of a video, where the latter shortens the length of the video but doesn’t change the frame of the movie itself. If you just want to trim a video on Mac, you can do that quite easily with QuickTime and you don’t need a more powerful video editing application like iMovie.
How to Trim a video on Mac OS with iMovie
Before you start, make sure that iMovie is installed on the Mac and updated to a modern version of the application.
- Open iMovie on the Mac, you can find it in the / Applications / folder
- Click on the big one [+] plus “Create new” button under the Projects section
- Choose “Movie” under the new project type
- Choose the “Import Media” button and select the video you want to trim (or drag the video you want to trim to this window)
- With the imported video, look for the small crop in the toolbar button and click on it, it looks like a square
- Now click on the fuzzy gray “Crop” button that appears in the editing area
- Use the handlebars around the corners of the video to adjust the crop if necessary
- When you are happy with the crop, click the little blue check mark button to apply the trimmed video change
- Click on the faint gray Share button in the top right corner of iMovie
- Choose “File” in the Share button options
- Describe the trimmed video and adjust the resolution, video format and quality if desired, then click “Next”
- Enter the file name ‘Save As’ to export the cropped video to, then click ‘Save’ button
The trimmed video will be saved as the specified file name, to the location where you saved the trimmed movie file. In this example, the trimmed video will be saved to the desktop.
As you can see, the process of trimming a video on Mac with iMovie is quite easy when made clear with a tutorial like this, but it’s small buttons and the low contrast user interface can make finding and using the cropping tools and other video editing features somewhat challenging for some users.
Here’s what the newly saved cropped video from this sample looks like in Quick Look in the Mac Finder:
And here’s what the original uncropped video from this sample looks like in Quick Look on the Mac:
Many users will crop a video frame this way when the orientation of the video is filmed vertically or horizontally, but for best results you will want to work with a reasonably high quality video recording. Otherwise, you can just rotate the video on a Mac, which will literally rotate the video but not adjust the frame or crop.
Do you know of any other way to crop videos on Mac? Let us know in the comments. And if you liked this guide, watch more iMovie tips here.
How to Crop Video on Mac with iMovie Guide is free?
This guide is a free model
Free Trial: May be included, please check on the official site, we mentioned above.
The How to Crop Video on Mac with iMovie tutorial price is Free or Freemium. This means you can truly enjoy the How to Crop Video on Mac with iMovie guide.
The How to Crop Video on Mac with iMovie guide gives you an easy-to-use and efficient management and How to Crop Video on Mac with iMovie allows you to focus on the most important things. It’s friendly guide to use maybe you will love it and How to Crop Video on Mac with iMovie tutorial can be used on Linux, Windows or android devices.
How to Crop Video on Mac with iMovie: benefits
- The How to Crop Video on Mac with iMovie tutorial is free .
- Helps many users follow up with interest in a timely manner.
- The price of the How to Crop Video on Mac with iMovie guide is free.
How to Crop Video on Mac with iMovie: FAQ
Tutorial Summary: How to Crop Video on Mac with iMovie
How this tutorial helping you?
What is actual time in which this method complete?
What are the supported Device?
What are the supported Operating system?
How to Crop Video on Mac with iMovie Tutorial: final note
For our visitors: If you have any queries regards the How to Crop Video on Mac with iMovie, then please ask us through the comment section below or directly contact us.
Education: This guide or tutorial is just for educational purposes.
Misinformation: If you want to correct any misinformation about the guide “How to Crop Video on Mac with iMovie”, then kindly contact us.
Want to add an alternate method: If anyone wants to add the more methods to the guide How to Crop Video on Mac with iMovie, then kindly contact us.
Our Contact: Kindly use our contact page regards any help. You may also use our social and accounts by following the Whatsapp, Facebook, and Twitter for your questions. We always love to help you. We answer your questions within 24-48 hours (Weekend off).
Channel: If you want the latest software updates and discussion about any software in your pocket, then here is our Telegram channel.