Check tutorial of Delete iTunes in Mac OS X 10.7 Lion
So after a lot of requests from our users here is a guide about Delete iTunes in Mac OS X 10.7 Lion.
If you’ve used the iTunes betas and want to downgrade back to a stable iTunes build, or if you just want to uninstall iTunes for some other reason, here are two ways to uninstall the app under Mac OS X 10.7: the easy ones way with the GUI and a quick way for advanced users via the command line.
Delete iTunes using the Finder
- Close iTunes
- Navigate to / Applications and find the iTunes app
- Select iTunes and press Command + i to get “Info” on the application
- Click the arrow next to “Sharing and permissions” to open the access panel
- Click on the lock icon and verify with your administrator password
- Under ‘Privilege’, set both instances of ‘everyone’ to ‘Read and write’
- Close the Get Info window and drag iTunes to the trash and empty the trash
Keep in mind that if there is no other version of iTunes available for Mac OS X to use, you will likely encounter errors in several places, as well as making it impossible to sync and backup iOS hardware such as an iPhone or iPad. Basically, if you don’t have a good reason to delete iTunes, such as downgrade or delete the colored version, then you should keep it.
Delete iTunes via the Terminal
This is a faster method for users who are comfortable with the command line:
- Launch the Terminal (in / Applications / Utilities /
- Type the following commands to kill iTunes:
- Now kill the Helper process:
- Now use this command to remove the actual application:
- Verify the sudo command, note that there is no warning about the actual removal of the app
killall “iTunes Helper”
sudo rm -rf /Applications/iTunes.app/
As usual, be careful with the rm command because typing the file path incorrectly will delete other things without warning. That’s why we recommend the command line only for more advanced users.
Note: this won’t delete your apps, backups, books, media or the iTunes library, which is located at ~ / Music / iTunes / (unless you’ve moved it elsewhere)
Delete iTunes in Mac OS X 10.7 Lion Guide is free?
This guide is a free model
Free Trial: May be included, please check on the official site, we mentioned above.
The Delete iTunes in Mac OS X 10.7 Lion tutorial price is Free or Freemium. This means you can truly enjoy the Delete iTunes in Mac OS X 10.7 Lion guide.
The Delete iTunes in Mac OS X 10.7 Lion guide gives you an easy-to-use and efficient management and Delete iTunes in Mac OS X 10.7 Lion allows you to focus on the most important things. It’s friendly guide to use maybe you will love it and Delete iTunes in Mac OS X 10.7 Lion tutorial can be used on Linux, Windows or android devices.
Delete iTunes in Mac OS X 10.7 Lion: benefits
- The Delete iTunes in Mac OS X 10.7 Lion tutorial is free .
- Helps many users follow up with interest in a timely manner.
- The price of the Delete iTunes in Mac OS X 10.7 Lion guide is free.
Delete iTunes in Mac OS X 10.7 Lion: FAQ
Tutorial Summary: Delete iTunes in Mac OS X 10.7 Lion
How this tutorial helping you?
What is actual time in which this method complete?
What are the supported Device?
What are the supported Operating system?
Delete iTunes in Mac OS X 10.7 Lion Tutorial: final note
For our visitors: If you have any queries regards the Delete iTunes in Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, then please ask us through the comment section below or directly contact us.
Education: This guide or tutorial is just for educational purposes.
Misinformation: If you want to correct any misinformation about the guide “Delete iTunes in Mac OS X 10.7 Lion”, then kindly contact us.
Want to add an alternate method: If anyone wants to add the more methods to the guide Delete iTunes in Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, then kindly contact us.
Our Contact: Kindly use our contact page regards any help. You may also use our social and accounts by following the Whatsapp, Facebook, and Twitter for your questions. We always love to help you. We answer your questions within 24-48 hours (Weekend off).
Channel: If you want the latest software updates and discussion about any software in your pocket, then here is our Telegram channel.