Check tutorial of How to Disable Video Auto-Playing on Twitter for iOS
So after a lot of requests from our users here is a guide about How to Disable Video Auto-Playing on Twitter for iOS.
Twitter is a really great social service that allows you to put together a feed of almost anything that interests you, be it news, technical advice, recipes, photos, jokes, celebrity updates, whatever. But the Twitter app for iPhone and iPad automatically plays video and animated gifs on both Wi-Fi and cellular data by default, this is completely unwelcome for several reasons which we will discuss shortly but it is also annoying and can quickly lead to noticeable battery drain excessive unnecessary mobile data usage. Fortunately, if you don’t want the video to play automatically on your iPhone or iPad, you can either turn off video and gifs auto-start in Twitter for iOS completely, or switch to Wi-Fi only without too much effort. .
Obviously, if you like having videos playing automatically all the time in your Twitter stream, you don’t want to make this adjustment. And of course, if you have the feature and decide you want to enable it later, just go back to the same settings option and make the adjustments if necessary.
Disable Twitter Auto-Play Video in iOS
You can turn off video auto-play completely, or you can choose to auto-play video only on WiFi. This applies to all modern versions of the iOS Twitter app that automatically play video by default, older versions of the app don’t behave this way:
- Open Twitter in iOS and tap the ‘Me’ tab in the lower right corner – if you have or use multiple signed in Twitter accounts, you can apply this change to one account and it will carry over to all Twitter accounts in iOS
- Tap the gear icon, it is one button but doesn’t really look like it
- Tap “Settings” in the popupup menu that is displayed up
- Under the ‘General’ settings, tap on ‘Auto-play video’
- Choose ‘Never play videos automatically’ and tap back into the settings of the Twitter app (or if you just want to save mobile data, choose the option ‘Use Wi-Fi only’ to prevent videos from playing automatically when using a mobile phone. used). network)
That’s all there is to it, you can now scroll through your Twitter stream without a bunch of videos playing themselves unsolicited, and without eating up your mobile bandwidth and battery so much.
Note that this does not affect the ability to play videos you want to see in a Twitter stream. You can still play any video on Twitter, just tap on it to load and launch the video – probably as it should be.
Why is video auto-playing bad on Twitter (or other social services)?
I’ll discuss a few obvious reasons why video auto-play is bad on social media services. And to be fair, it’s not just Twitter, both Facebook and Instagram now automatically play video by default (you can turn it off in those too, links below).
- Mobile data usage – make videos up noticeably more bandwidth than static images and text, and downloading a video automatically can inadvertently lead to heavy data usage on a cellular plan, almost all of which have fairly strict US data usage limits. The screenshot below demonstrates this with the Twitter app where with auto-playing video it used a whopping 6.3 GB of mobile data usage … compare that to Spotify in the same screenshot, I routinely use Spotify to play music for over 5 hours a day stream. day and it used 1/6 of the bandwidth in the same time frame
- Battery life – Video playback requires more device resources, which means battery life can take a hit if iPhone (or iPad) starts to load and play videos without your permission. I use Twitter sporadically throughout the day to check news and updates, and with auto-playing video, that occasional use still accounted for 38% of battery usage on an iPhone
- The big one: video is unfiltered, uncensored, anything is possible – this is perhaps the most unwelcome aspect of autoplay video … there is no filtering or censorship, every video plays automatically regardless of its content. This essentially means that any video retweeted or tweeted by someone you follow will start playing right before your eyes, or if you scroll through someone else’s feed, whatever they tweet will play. That means that in some particularly awful situations, a user of various social media services may be subjected to an auto-playing video of something awful that no one should actually see. This isn’t far-fetched, by the way, that exact situation happened with the double murders of two journalists in Virginia, and it often happens with other sources of graphic content on social media services too – even if you keep a very clean watchlist
Not a great user experience, right? Well, at least that’s my opinion, so I recommend turning off auto-play video on Twitter for iOS (at least for mobile networks if nothing else), and you might want to disable auto-play video on Instagram and same auto play videos for Facebook app too, for the exact same reasons described above. Again this is just an opinion, you might like the autoplay video, if you do, great keep it turned on and enjoy.
Between a reduction in battery life, an increase in cellular data usage, and the potential to see some really annoying things, you’ll wonder why auto-play video is the default in all of these social apps to start with.
How to Disable Video Auto-Playing on Twitter for iOS Guide is free?
This guide is a free model
Free Trial: May be included, please check on the official site, we mentioned above.
The How to Disable Video Auto-Playing on Twitter for iOS tutorial price is Free or Freemium. This means you can truly enjoy the How to Disable Video Auto-Playing on Twitter for iOS guide.
The How to Disable Video Auto-Playing on Twitter for iOS guide gives you an easy-to-use and efficient management and How to Disable Video Auto-Playing on Twitter for iOS allows you to focus on the most important things. It’s friendly guide to use maybe you will love it and How to Disable Video Auto-Playing on Twitter for iOS tutorial can be used on Linux, Windows or android devices.
How to Disable Video Auto-Playing on Twitter for iOS: benefits
- The How to Disable Video Auto-Playing on Twitter for iOS tutorial is free .
- Helps many users follow up with interest in a timely manner.
- The price of the How to Disable Video Auto-Playing on Twitter for iOS guide is free.
How to Disable Video Auto-Playing on Twitter for iOS: FAQ
Tutorial Summary: How to Disable Video Auto-Playing on Twitter for iOS
How this tutorial helping you?
What is actual time in which this method complete?
What are the supported Device?
What are the supported Operating system?
How to Disable Video Auto-Playing on Twitter for iOS Tutorial: final note
For our visitors: If you have any queries regards the How to Disable Video Auto-Playing on Twitter for iOS, then please ask us through the comment section below or directly contact us.
Education: This guide or tutorial is just for educational purposes.
Misinformation: If you want to correct any misinformation about the guide “How to Disable Video Auto-Playing on Twitter for iOS”, then kindly contact us.
Want to add an alternate method: If anyone wants to add the more methods to the guide How to Disable Video Auto-Playing on Twitter for iOS, then kindly contact us.
Our Contact: Kindly use our contact page regards any help. You may also use our social and accounts by following the Whatsapp, Facebook, and Twitter for your questions. We always love to help you. We answer your questions within 24-48 hours (Weekend off).
Channel: If you want the latest software updates and discussion about any software in your pocket, then here is our Telegram channel.