Check tutorial of How to Dual Boot MacOS High Sierra Beta & Sierra on Partitions
So after a lot of requests from our users here is a guide about How to Dual Boot MacOS High Sierra Beta & Sierra on Partitions.
The macOS High Sierra beta can be installed and dual booted alongside a stable release of macOS Sierra, El Capitan, or any other Mac OS X release. This can be a suitable option for developers, beta testers and professional users who want to try out the new beta version of macOS 10.13 without being overly committed as it leaves the primary stable macOS release intact on the same computer and doesn’t overwrite it. . Once done, you can boot between the beta version of macOS High Sierra or the stable macOS release that was already on the Mac.
This is only intended for advanced users. Do not change partition scheme or install a beta operating system without full backupup up the Mac with Time Machine or your preferred backup method first. If you don’t have a backupup can lead to permanent data loss.
Keep in mind that beta system software is notoriously unreliable, slow, and problematic. Do not use beta system software as your primary operating system or install beta system software over important data.
How to Dual Boot & install macOS High Sierra Beta to separate partition
Note that you can start this dual boot creation and installation process from the current macOS installation, or directly from a macOS High Sierra beta USB installation drive.
- Back up your Mac, don’t skip this step
- Download the macOS High Sierra beta installer from the Mac App Store (you must be enrolled in the beta testing program)
- Open Disk Utility on the Mac, then choose the primary hard drive and go to the “Partition” tab
- Click the + icon and create a new partition, give it an obvious name “High Sierra” or something similar, and allocate a reasonable amount of space (20 GB or more) and click Apply to apply the new one. partition
- Exit Disk Utility
- Open the “Install macOS 10.13” app in the / Applications folder (or choose the installer from the USB boot drive)
- Go through the installation menus and at the disk selection screen choose “Show All Disks” and then specifically select the new partition you just created called “High Sierra” – do not install over your primary partition
- Install macOS High Sierra beta as usual, when done macOS High Sierra will automatically boot
The process is quite simple and is largely the same with macOS High Sierra as it is with most other Mac operating system versions.
Essentially, this provides a way to test the High Sierra beta without overwriting your primary macOS installation, each operating system is on its own partition.
Switch and boot from High Sierra or the other Mac OS release
You can reboot and switch between the beta version of macOS High Sierra and the normal Mac OS installation at any time using one of these methods:
- Choose the volume to boot from Apple menu> System Preferences> Startup Disk
- OR by holding the OPTION / ALT key on system startup and selecting the boot volume and operating system to boot
You must restart the Mac to switch between the High Sierra release and other system software.
How else can I dual boot macOS High Sierra 10.13 and release a stable Mac OS?
Another option would be to install macOS High Sierra on a completely different hard drive or with an external fast SSD drive and boot from there too. That would be an even safer approach, as there is no need to partition the primary volume at all.
How do I delete the macOS High Sierra partition?
You can delete macOS High Sierra partition at any time, all you have to do is boot into the other Mac OS installation and open Disk Utility, choose the drive and return to the partition menu, then select the High Sierra partition and click the button. “-” minus button to delete the partition. You can also do this from a USB boot drive or from recovery mode.
Do you have any questions, tips, tricks, or advice on dual-booting High Sierra and another release? Let us know in the comments below!
How to Dual Boot MacOS High Sierra Beta & Sierra on Partitions Guide is free?
This guide is a free model
Free Trial: May be included, please check on the official site, we mentioned above.
The How to Dual Boot MacOS High Sierra Beta & Sierra on Partitions tutorial price is Free or Freemium. This means you can truly enjoy the How to Dual Boot MacOS High Sierra Beta & Sierra on Partitions guide.
The How to Dual Boot MacOS High Sierra Beta & Sierra on Partitions guide gives you an easy-to-use and efficient management and How to Dual Boot MacOS High Sierra Beta & Sierra on Partitions allows you to focus on the most important things. It’s friendly guide to use maybe you will love it and How to Dual Boot MacOS High Sierra Beta & Sierra on Partitions tutorial can be used on Linux, Windows or android devices.
How to Dual Boot MacOS High Sierra Beta & Sierra on Partitions: benefits
- The How to Dual Boot MacOS High Sierra Beta & Sierra on Partitions tutorial is free .
- Helps many users follow up with interest in a timely manner.
- The price of the How to Dual Boot MacOS High Sierra Beta & Sierra on Partitions guide is free.
How to Dual Boot MacOS High Sierra Beta & Sierra on Partitions: FAQ
Tutorial Summary: How to Dual Boot MacOS High Sierra Beta & Sierra on Partitions
How this tutorial helping you?
What is actual time in which this method complete?
What are the supported Device?
What are the supported Operating system?
How to Dual Boot MacOS High Sierra Beta & Sierra on Partitions Tutorial: final note
For our visitors: If you have any queries regards the How to Dual Boot MacOS High Sierra Beta & Sierra on Partitions, then please ask us through the comment section below or directly contact us.
Education: This guide or tutorial is just for educational purposes.
Misinformation: If you want to correct any misinformation about the guide “How to Dual Boot MacOS High Sierra Beta & Sierra on Partitions”, then kindly contact us.
Want to add an alternate method: If anyone wants to add the more methods to the guide How to Dual Boot MacOS High Sierra Beta & Sierra on Partitions, then kindly contact us.
Our Contact: Kindly use our contact page regards any help. You may also use our social and accounts by following the Whatsapp, Facebook, and Twitter for your questions. We always love to help you. We answer your questions within 24-48 hours (Weekend off).
Channel: If you want the latest software updates and discussion about any software in your pocket, then here is our Telegram channel.