How to Install Popcorn Time APK on FireStick Tutorial and Steps
So here we discuss the How to Install Popcorn Time APK on FireStick, and after a lot of requests from our users here is a guide about How to Install Popcorn Time APK on FireStick.
In this guide, I’ll show you how to popcorn time on FireStick. The instructions in this guide also work on Fire TV Stick 4K, Fire TV & Fire TV Cube.
Important: Popcorn Time is a torrent-based app. It downloads the videos as cache on your device before you play them. You must have enough storage space to view the content. When you close the app, the downloaded cache is automatically deleted.
Popcorn Time is an entertainment service that lets you watch free movies and shows. The app contains a solid lineup content and let you stream it in up to 1080 Full HD resolution. Although this app is primarily designed for Android mobiles, it works fine with the living room, TV devices like FireStick and Android TV Boxes.
Since Popcorn Time is not fully compatible with the FireStick remote, I recommend installing mouse toggle for easier interaction and navigation.
Attention FireStick Users: Read before you go any further
Governments and ISPs around the world monitor the online activities of their users. If you stream copyrighted content on your Fire TV Stick, you could be in serious trouble. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone. I highly recommend you get a good FireStick VPN and hide your identity so your movie viewing experience doesn’t take a bad turn.
I use ExpressVPN that’s the fastest and most secure VPN in the industry. It is very easy to install on any device, including Amazon Fire TV Stick. It also comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you don’t like their service, you always ask for a refund. ExpressVPN also has a special deal where you get 3 months free and save 49% on annual plan.
Here are the reasons why you should always use a VPN.
Read: How to Install and use VPN for Fire TV Stickback to menu ↑
How to Install Popcorn Time on FireStick
For some reason, FireStick won’t let you download the MOT files from the browsers. That’s why you need a support app that allows sideloading on your FireStick device.
For the most part, I use the following two apps:
- ES Explorer
I’m going to use the installation instructions for both in this guide.
Note: You only need to use one of two apps to install Popcorn Time on FireStick. There is no need to follow instructions for both
What you need first is to install the sideloading app from the Amazon Store. You install one of them. Here are the steps:
- Go to the Search FireStick option (it’s in the upper-left corner of the homescreen – the lens icon)
- Type the name of the app you want to download (Downloader or ES Explorer)
- When the name of the app appears in the search results below, click it
- Now just follow the on-screen instructions and install the app you want
Enable apps from unknown sources
We’ll be working on installation instructions soon. But before we go any further, we need to enable apps from unknown sources in FireStick settings. This allows us to install third-party apps like Popcorn Time. Here’s what you do:
- Go to the FireStick Settings of the home screen (select it from the menu bar at the top)
- Click My Fire TV Or Device (depending on what you see in the options)
- Choose the item Developer options on the next screen
- Select and click Apps from unknown sources (by default it’s off)
- Click Enable and confirm your intention. Don’t worry about the warning as Popcorn Time is a safe app.
Now we can get started with the installation procedure.
Install Popcorn Time APK on FireStick using Downloader
Downloadthere’s the most convenient app for sideloading MOT’s on FireStick. Here are the steps to install Popcorn Time using this app:
- Open the downloader app
- The Home option on the left sidebar must be already selected by default. Navigate to the right side of the window and press the Select/OK button on your remote control when the cursor flashes in the URL field
- When the next on-screen keyboard window appears up, enter the URL: https://www.firesticktricks.com/pct (or just firesticktricks.com/pct). Make sure the URL is typed correctly, and click Go
- It takes about 2-3 minutes for the Downloader to download the Popcorn Time APK file
- Once the file is downloaded, Downloader will run it and start the installation process. Navigate to the lower-right corner of this window where you can Following option (it will change to install)
- Click Install
- Have FireStick install the Popcorn Time app. It should not take more than 2 minutes
- App installed notification confirms that the Popcorn Time app is installed. You may want to click Open to run the app. But, for now, click Done to return to the Downloader app
- Click Remove (this is to delete the Popcorn Time MOT file. This file makes no sense because the app is installed. Clear up limited FireStick storage when you get the chance)
- Click Remove Again
You installed Popcorn Time on FireStick with the Downloader app.
Your FireStick/Fire TV is now ready to stream your favorite content. However, before you start, I want to warn you that everything you stream online is visible to your ISP and government. This means, streaming free movies, TV shows, sports can get you into legal trouble.
Fortunately, there is a foolproof way to keep all your streaming activities hidden from your ISP and the government. All you need is a good VPN for Fire Stick. A VPN will mask your original IP, which and will help you bypass online surveillance, ISP throttling, and content geo-restrictions.
I personally use and recommend ExpressVPN, that’s the fastest and most secure VPN. It is compatible with all kinds of streaming apps and is very easy to install on Fire TV/Stick.
We do not encourage the violation of copyright laws. But, what if you end up up inadvertently streaming content from an illegal source? It is not always easy to see the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on your Fire Stick/Fire TV, let’s watch how to use ExpressVPN to keep your streaming activities hidden from prying eyes.
Step 1: Subscribe to ExpressVPN Here. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. This means that you use it freely for the first 30 days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you ask for the full refund.
Step 2: Power ON your Fire TV/Stick and go to the “Search” option on the left. Now type “Expressvpn” (without quotes) in the search bar, and select ExpressVPN when it appears up in search results
Step 3: Click “Download” to install the ExpressVPN app for Fire TV/Stick.
Step 4: Open the app and enter your login credentials that you created while buying the ExpressVPN subscription. Click “Sign in”
Step 5: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That’s all. Your connection is now secured with the fastest and best VPN for FireStick.
You also read more detailed information about using ExpressVPN with Fire TV/Stick.
Install Popcorn Time on Firestick with ES File Explorer
As I said before, you don’t need to follow this method if you’ve already installed Popcorn Time through the Downloader app. You don’t need to follow the downloader method if you’re using ES Explorer.
Note: The sideloading feature es file explorer is no longer free. It is only available with the $9.99 per month premium version.
I’m assuming you’ve already installed ES File Explorer from Amazon Store by following the steps I’ve given before. Now follow the following steps to install Popcorn Time on FireStick with ES Explorer:
- After you start ES Explorer, go to the right side of the window and click the Downloader icon (as you see in the image below)
- Now navigate to the bottom menu bar and click +New
- You must now see a dialogue box titled Download with two blank text fields. In the room with the label Path, enter the path https://www.firesticktricks.com/pct
In the field marked as Name enter a desired name (this does not affect the outcome). For example, I entered PT. Click Download now
- Let the ES File Explorer connect to the server and download the Popcorn Time APK. It takes a few minutes, but not really too long
- When the download is successful, click Open file
- Click Install when the next dialog box appears
- Navigate to the bottom right of the next screen to where it is located Following (which will change to install)
- Click Install
- Give it a minute or two to install the app
- You can see the notification read App installed.
Yes, you have the Popcorn Time app installed with the ES Explorer app. Click Open to run the Popcorn Time app. Click Done to return to es explorer and delete the Popcorn Time MOT file.
Files downloaded from ES Explorer are stored in the FireStick download folder. To open this folder from the ES Explorer app:
- Click Local menu on the left
- There are two Home options under Local. Click the second
- You will find the Download folder on the right
How to Access and use the Popcorn Time App on FireStick
You must have noticed that when you install an app, it does not home screen of your FireStick. The new apps can be accessed from Your apps and channels Section. Follow the steps below to access Popcorn Time and move it to the home Screen:
- Keep the Home button remote control until you have a newup of a new full-screen window
- Click Apps to go to your apps and channels
- Scroll down and select the popcorn time app icon
- You can run the app now from here. If you’re going to top Popcorn Time home screen, move to the next step
- Press the menu button on the remote control
- Click Move when you use this popup (image below) see bottom right (or click Move Forward to place the app as the first entry in the first row for all other apps)
- Now move the Popcorn Time app in one of the top 3 rows to display it up on the FireStick homescreen
Let’s explore Popcorn Time a little bit.
Open Popcorn Time and you’ll see this promptly appealing to share the app with others. To dpressure on the back button on the remote control to home app screen.
This is the home app screen. It shows movies by default. You change the default setting in the settings in TV shows, anime movies, anime TV shows.
Popcorn Time is not completely remote-friendly. For a better experience, install Mouse Toggle on FireStick.
To up the menu, press the menu button on your remote control. Here are the options.
back to menu ↑
Popcorn Time is a decent app with a solid library of movies, shows and anime. It is primarily designed for Android mobiles and therefore it is not one hundred percent remote-friendly. With Mouse Toggle you can better communicate with the app.
Cinema HD APKTitanium TVBest FireStick AppsBest Torrent Sites
Click here to get Secret Cord-Cutting Tricks directly to your inbox.
Legal disclaimer – Compsmag.com does not check the legality or security of add-ons, apps or services mentioned on this site. We also do not promote, host or link to copyrighted streams. We recommend piracy and strictly advise our readers to avoid it at all costs. Any mention of free streaming on our site is purely for copyright-free content that is available in the public domain. Read our full disclaimer.
Disclosure – Compsmag.com is supported by readers blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we can earn commission.back to menu ↑
Specifications Need How to Install Popcorn Time APK on FireStick
|Internet:||Good Speed Internet|
|Ram:||4 GB and above.|
|Supported Devices||Firestick, Tv Windows, Linux, and Android|
How to Install Popcorn Time APK on FireStick Guide is free?
This guide is a free model
Free Trial: May be included, please check on the official site, we mentioned above.
The How to Install Popcorn Time APK on FireStick tutorial price is Free or Freemium. This means you can truly enjoy the How to Install Popcorn Time APK on FireStick guide.
The How to Install Popcorn Time APK on FireStick guide gives you an easy-to-use and efficient management and How to Install Popcorn Time APK on FireStick allows you to focus on the most important things. It’s friendly guide to use maybe you will love it and How to Install Popcorn Time APK on FireStick tutorial can be used on Linux, Windows or android devices.back to menu ↑
How to Install Popcorn Time APK on FireStick Advantage and Disadvantage
- The How to Install Popcorn Time APK on FireStick Guide is free.
- All steps are easy to use.
back to menu ↑
Benefits of using How to Install Popcorn Time APK on FireStick
- The How to Install Popcorn Time APK on FireStick tutorial is free .
- Helps many users follow up with interest in a timely manner.
- The How to Install Popcorn Time APK on FireStick supported by windows and Android.
- The price of the How to Install Popcorn Time APK on FireStick guide is free.
Feedbacks about How to Install Popcorn Time APK on FireStick
How to Install Popcorn Time APK on FireStick
What is this all about and how these steps help you?
What is actual time in which this method complete?
What are the supported Operating system?
For Developer: This is a user-based portal so somehow mistakes happen. If you are the original developer of any software using in this guide about How to Install Popcorn Time APK on FireStick and want to change anything about any software then please contact us. We surely help you within 48 hours.