How to Test Internet Speed on FireStick & Fire TV Tutorial and Steps
So here we discuss the How to Test Internet Speed on FireStick & Fire TV, and after a lot of requests from our users here is a guide about How to Test Internet Speed on FireStick & Fire TV.
In this tutorial, I’ll show you how to test internet speed on FireStick. The methods used in this guide also work on Amazon Fire Stick 4K, Fire TV Cube, and other Fire TV devices. The same method also works for both wired and Wi-Fi Internet connection.
If you’re experiencing buffering on FireStick, internet connection speed is one of the first things you’d like to check. A slow Wi-Fi connection is causing streaming issues.
Fortunately, there are some simple ways to check your connection speed on FireStick/Fire TV Cube. That’s what we’re going to talk about here. guide.
Note: You don’t need a 100 Mbps connection speed for smooth streaming on Firestick. Even if you’re streaming in 4K UHD, 20 Mbps is a good speed.
Attention FireStick Users: Read before you go any further
Governments and ISPs around the world monitor the online activities of their users. If you stream copyrighted content on your Fire TV Stick, you could be in serious trouble. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone. I highly recommend you get a good FireStick VPN and hide your identity so your movie viewing experience doesn’t take a bad turn.
I use ExpressVPN that’s the fastest and most secure VPN in the industry. It is very easy to install on any device, including Amazon Fire TV Stick. It also comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you don’t like their service, you always ask for a refund. ExpressVPN also has a special deal where you get 3 months free and save 49% on annual plan.
Here are the reasons why you should always use a VPN.
Read: How to Set up and use a VPN on Firestick
How to check internet speed on FireStick
You check the internet speed on FireStick/Fire TV Cube using one of the following two methods:
- By using the speed test app called Internet Speed Test
- By using a speed test app called Analiti
- By using a browser on FireStick
Both methods deliver the same results and should not take more than a minute to find out the results. I personally feel that the browser method is easier.
1. Test internet speed with the Internet Speed Test App
Internet Speed Test app for FireStick is one of the most reliable options to monitor internet speed. This app is available through the Amazon Store.
Here are the steps:
1. home FireStick window, select the option Search in the upper-left corner
2. Type the keywords such as ‘speed test’
3. Click ‘Speed Test’ in search results
4. Then click the app Internet speed test
5. Click Download Or Add and wait for the app to install
6. Click Open when the app is installed
7. Click Start test Option
8. Wait for the test results
2. Test Firestick internet speed with Analiti
There is another speed test app that you use. It’s called Analiti.
You download these apps from the Amazon Store.
Follow the steps below:
1. Search option again and search with keywords such as internet speed test
2. You’ll see a lot of apps displayed on the next screen. I’m going for Analiti. However, you install every other app of your choice
3. Click Download Or Add depending on what you see on the next window
4. Once the app is installed, open it
5. Click detailed test option in the left menu
You’ll see the test results in seconds. The red color indicates download speed while the green color represents the upload rate.
3. Test Firestick Internet Speed with a browser
This is one of the easiest ways to control the speed on Fire TV Stick. However, it cannot be completely reliable. The apps I mentioned above are more reliable.
You download one of the compatible browsers from the Amazon Store, such as the Silk Browser or Firefox. I prefer firefox.
Here’s how to test internet speed in a browser:
1. home screen of your FireStick, select the Search option in the upper-left corner
2. Search for the browser you want to download, say Firefox
Click Firefox in search results
3. Click Firefox on the window that follows next
4. Go ahead and click Download Or Add
5. Open the browser as soon as it’s installed
6. You come across a few clues on the first run. Make the right selections according to your preferences
7. As soon as you enter the firefox browser main window, click the address bar at the top
8. Use the on-screen keyboard to type the URL fast.com (this speed test website is powered by Netflix)
Click Following or press the Play/pause button on your Fire TV Stick remote
9. Wait now! The web page automatically starts testing the speed.
This is what the result looks like
These are the methods you use to test internet speed on FireStick, Fire TV Cube and Firestick 4K. Slow internet connection can be the reason behind Fire TV Stick buffering problems. If your connection is slow, you search for the relevant solutions, such as contacting your ISP or maybe even changing the broadband plan. If you think your ISP is speed limiting, you can bypass the ISP tracking with the help of a good Firestick VPN.
Popular cord-cutting topics
Click here to get Secret Cord-Cutting Tricks directly to your inbox.
Legal disclaimer – Compsmag.com does not check the legality or security of add-ons, apps or services mentioned on this site. We also do not promote, host or link to copyrighted streams. We recommend piracy and strictly advise our readers to avoid it at all costs. Any mention of free streaming on our site is purely for copyright-free content that is available in the public domain. Read our full disclaimer.
Disclosure – Compsmag.com is supported by readers blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we can earn commission.
Specifications Need How to Test Internet Speed on FireStick & Fire TV
|Internet:||Good Speed Internet|
|Ram:||4 GB and above.|
|Supported Devices||Firestick, Tv Windows, Linux, and Android|
How to Test Internet Speed on FireStick & Fire TV Guide is free?
This guide is a free model
Free Trial: May be included, please check on the official site, we mentioned above.
The How to Test Internet Speed on FireStick & Fire TV tutorial price is Free or Freemium. This means you can truly enjoy the How to Test Internet Speed on FireStick & Fire TV guide.
The How to Test Internet Speed on FireStick & Fire TV guide gives you an easy-to-use and efficient management and How to Test Internet Speed on FireStick & Fire TV allows you to focus on the most important things. It’s friendly guide to use maybe you will love it and How to Test Internet Speed on FireStick & Fire TV tutorial can be used on Linux, Windows or android devices.
How to Test Internet Speed on FireStick & Fire TV Advantage and Disadvantage
- The How to Test Internet Speed on FireStick & Fire TV Guide is free.
- All steps are easy to use.
Benefits of using How to Test Internet Speed on FireStick & Fire TV
- The How to Test Internet Speed on FireStick & Fire TV tutorial is free .
- Helps many users follow up with interest in a timely manner.
- The How to Test Internet Speed on FireStick & Fire TV supported by windows and Android.
- The price of the How to Test Internet Speed on FireStick & Fire TV guide is free.
Feedbacks about How to Test Internet Speed on FireStick & Fire TV
How to Test Internet Speed on FireStick & Fire TV
What is this all about and how these steps help you?
What is actual time in which this method complete?
What are the supported Operating system?
For Developer: This is a user-based portal so somehow mistakes happen. If you are the original developer of any software using in this guide about How to Test Internet Speed on FireStick & Fire TV and want to change anything about any software then please contact us. We surely help you within 48 hours.