Check tutorial of How to Install & Run Windows 8 in VirtualBox
So after a lot of requests from our users here is a guide about How to Install & Run Windows 8 in VirtualBox.
We have already covered how to install Windows 8 in VMWare, and now we’re going to show you how to let Windows 8 run in VirtualBox. If you are wondering why, well, VirtualBox is beneficial for several reasons, the two main ones being that it is free and available for all major platforms including Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
Download this first:
- Windows 8 Developer Preview – download this for free from Microsoft Dev Center
- VirtualBox – download this for free from Oracle
Put the Win8 ISO somewhere you can easily find it and install VirtualBox before proceeding. You will find that the installation is a bit more complicated than using VMWare, but we’ll walk you through everything so be patient and you will up and running in no time.
Install and run Windows 8 in VirtualBox
This has been tested in Mac OS X 10.6 and 10.7, but also works in Windows 7 and Linux, and probably any other place VirtualBox is running:
- Start VirtualBox and click “New” to create a new virtual machine, give it a name (Windows 8 etc.) and select “Microsoft Windows” as the operating system and select “Windows 7” as the version
- Click “Next” and allocate RAM to the virtual machine, I chose 2GB because I’m using 64bit version, but you can go with more or less
- Click “Next” again and choose “Create a new hard disk” and then select “VDI” as the file type of the virtual disk image
- For disk storage, choose either “Dynamically allocated” if you want an expanding disk, or “Fixed size” if you just want to set 20 GB and forget about it – this choice doesn’t matter much
- Choose about 20 GB from the disk size selector and then click “Create”
- You are now in the VirtualBox splash screen, so select your Windows 8 virtual machine and click “Settings”
- Choose the “System” tab and first under “Motherboard” check the box next to “Enable IO APIC” to enable it
- Now click on “Processor” and check “Enable PAE / NX” so that it is enabled
- Now click on the “Storage” tab and look for “IDE Controller” on the left, click on the “Empty” slot below it
- Then look for where it says “CD / DVD Drive: IDE Secondary” and click on the little CD / DVD icon next to it
- Select “Choose a virtual CD / DVD disc file …” and navigate to the Windows 8 Dev Preview ISO file you downloaded earlier – this tells the virtual machine to boot from that ISO image, so your Windows 8 can install
- Click “OK” to return to the VirtualBox main menu, click your Windows 8 VM again, then click “Start” button to boot the virtual machine
- Let the VM boot then select “Next” and follow the instructions to install Windows 8, the virtual machine will automatically reboot and load Windows 8 when it is done
How long it takes to install largely depends on the speed of your computer, but it’s generally quite fast. Windows 8 works pretty well in VirtualBox, but unless you have a touchscreen you won’t get the full experience of Metro, which is probably the most appealing thing about Windows 8 anyway.
Note: Some users have problems installing the 64-bit version of Windows 8 in VirtualBox. If you encounter a constant reboot loop, crash or hang during installation, try using the Developer Preview 32-bit ISO. If you continue to have problems, you can always use the 30-day free trial and install it in VMWare instead.
How to Install & Run Windows 8 in VirtualBox Guide is free?
This guide is a free model
Free Trial: May be included, please check on the official site, we mentioned above.
The How to Install & Run Windows 8 in VirtualBox tutorial price is Free or Freemium. This means you can truly enjoy the How to Install & Run Windows 8 in VirtualBox guide.
The How to Install & Run Windows 8 in VirtualBox guide gives you an easy-to-use and efficient management and How to Install & Run Windows 8 in VirtualBox allows you to focus on the most important things. It’s friendly guide to use maybe you will love it and How to Install & Run Windows 8 in VirtualBox tutorial can be used on Linux, Windows or android devices.
How to Install & Run Windows 8 in VirtualBox: benefits
- The How to Install & Run Windows 8 in VirtualBox tutorial is free .
- Helps many users follow up with interest in a timely manner.
- The price of the How to Install & Run Windows 8 in VirtualBox guide is free.
How to Install & Run Windows 8 in VirtualBox: FAQ
Tutorial Summary: How to Install & Run Windows 8 in VirtualBox
How this tutorial helping you?
What is actual time in which this method complete?
What are the supported Device?
What are the supported Operating system?
How to Install & Run Windows 8 in VirtualBox Tutorial: final note
For our visitors: If you have any queries regards the How to Install & Run Windows 8 in VirtualBox, then please ask us through the comment section below or directly contact us.
Education: This guide or tutorial is just for educational purposes.
Misinformation: If you want to correct any misinformation about the guide “How to Install & Run Windows 8 in VirtualBox”, then kindly contact us.
Want to add an alternate method: If anyone wants to add the more methods to the guide How to Install & Run Windows 8 in VirtualBox, then kindly contact us.
Our Contact: Kindly use our contact page regards any help. You may also use our social and accounts by following the Whatsapp, Facebook, and Twitter for your questions. We always love to help you. We answer your questions within 24-48 hours (Weekend off).
Channel: If you want the latest software updates and discussion about any software in your pocket, then here is our Telegram channel.