Check tutorial of How to Install Windows 10 on Mac with Boot Camp
So after a lot of requests from our users here is a guide about How to Install Windows 10 on Mac with Boot Camp.
Most Mac computers can run Windows 10 in a dual boot environment with the help of a utility called Boot Camp. This means when the Mac boots up up or reboot, you can choose between booting into Mac OS or booting into Windows on the same computer.
Running Windows natively on a Mac with Boot Camp offers better performance than running Windows 10 on a virtual machine, but it’s generally more complicated to set up, and it’s certainly not for all Mac users. If installing and running Windows 20 on Mac interests you, read on to learn some necessary prerequisites and learn how to install Windows 10 on Mac with Boot Camp.
Requirements for Running Windows 10 on Mac with Boot Camp
Sufficient free disk space: Using a Boot Camp installation of Windows 10 requires a lot of free hard drive space so the drive can be partitioned to run Windows along with Mac OS, you need a minimum of 64 GB or so for Windows only, and you will of course want to keep enough space for Mac OS as well. If you have a smaller hard drive on the Mac, or if your hard drive often runs out of space, this probably isn’t an option for you.
Full Mac Backupup: It is absolutely essential that you have a full backupup created before starting this process up Time Machine for Mac backups if you haven’t already.
Compatible Mac: The guide here covers installing Windows in Boot Camp on model year 2020 or later on Macs with MacOS 10.11 or later: MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, MacBook, iMac, iMac Pro, and the Mac Pro from late 2013. Note that you can use Windows with Boot Camp can also install on previous Macs, but to do this, you must first create a Windows 10 installation drive from MacOS, while 2020 and later models with Mac OS X 10.11 or later do not need the Windows startup disk. For the sake of simplicity, we’ll only cover the newer process.
How to Install Windows 10 on Mac with Boot Camp Assistant
Before you start, back up your Mac completely with Time Machine or otherwise, save creating a full full backupup of the Mac hard drive. When you’re done, here it is how to install Windows on Mac with Boot Camp:
- Download the Windows 10 ISO if you haven’t already, you can get it directly from Microsoft for free here
- Make a full backupup from the Mac using Time Machine or the method of your choice so you can easily restore it in case something goes wrong
- Open “Boot Camp Assistant” on the Mac, located in the / Applications / Utilities / folder and click “Continue”
- The Windows 10 ISO image should be found automatically if it is in your Downloads folder, otherwise click “Choose” and locate the Windows 10 ISO file you downloaded in the first step
- Partition Mac hard drive to make space for Windows by dragging the slider, a minimum partition of 64 GB is recommended for Windows 10
- Click “Install” to start the Boot Camp Windows installation process, this will restart the Mac and launch the Windows 10 installer
- Go through the normal Windows 10 installation process, the Mac should automatically download Boot Camp drivers, but if it fails, you can get them yourself *
- When done, the Mac will boot into Windows 10
Once you boot into Windows 10, you use Windows just like you would on any other PC, except, of course, it’s Mac hardware. You can do all normal Windows things, use Edge browser, transfer photos from iPhone to Windows 10, run Windows specific apps or games or whatever you want.
You are free to use and configure Windows 10 however you want, it will not affect the Mac OS partition unless you choose to modify, wipe or delete the Mac partition in some way. format, which is strongly not recommended.
If you want, you can activate Windows 10 at any time, but you can also ignore this if you don’t mind doing some simple features in Windows, such as the ability to change themes and wallpapers.
* If the Boot Camp drivers cannot be installed for some reason, you can do it manually by going to the Boot Camp drive (usually D: or “OSXRESERVED”) and then going to the Boot Camp directory Go and run Setup.exe to run through the installation of drivers. If necessary, more information is available here. Installing Boot Camp drivers is essential for using a Touch Bar and Force Touch with Windows 10 on a Mac, among other actions and features.
Switch between MacOS and Windows
Boot Camp allows you to choose the operating system to boot up to use during system boot by selecting Windows or Mac OS as desired.
To switch between MacOS and Windows, restart the Mac and then hold down the OPTION key on the keyboard until you see the drive’s boot options:
- Select “Boot Camp” from the drive options to load Windows
- Select “Macintosh HD” (or the names of your Mac drives) to load Mac OS
You can also change the startup disk from the Mac OS System Preferences pane for Startup Disk, although most users will likely rely on the Option key during system startup and restart.
Various Boot Camp Tips
You can delete a Windows Boot Camp partition from a Mac with the same Boot Camp Assistant tool you used to install Windows on the Mac. You can also use Disk Utility on its own or a command line tool to delete the partition, but it is recommended that you follow the official Boot Camp methods.
Because the Mac is not a dedicated button you may want to familiarize yourself with the use of Print Screen in Boot Camp if it is necessary for some reason.
If necessary, you can restore Windows 10 to factory settings in Boot Camp, and you can also reinstall Windows 10 within Boot Camp.
How to Install Windows 10 on Mac with Boot Camp Guide is free?
This guide is a free model
Free Trial: May be included, please check on the official site, we mentioned above.
The How to Install Windows 10 on Mac with Boot Camp tutorial price is Free or Freemium. This means you can truly enjoy the How to Install Windows 10 on Mac with Boot Camp guide.
The How to Install Windows 10 on Mac with Boot Camp guide gives you an easy-to-use and efficient management and How to Install Windows 10 on Mac with Boot Camp allows you to focus on the most important things. It’s friendly guide to use maybe you will love it and How to Install Windows 10 on Mac with Boot Camp tutorial can be used on Linux, Windows or android devices.
How to Install Windows 10 on Mac with Boot Camp: benefits
- The How to Install Windows 10 on Mac with Boot Camp tutorial is free .
- Helps many users follow up with interest in a timely manner.
- The price of the How to Install Windows 10 on Mac with Boot Camp guide is free.
How to Install Windows 10 on Mac with Boot Camp: FAQ
Tutorial Summary: How to Install Windows 10 on Mac with Boot Camp
How this tutorial helping you?
What is actual time in which this method complete?
What are the supported Device?
What are the supported Operating system?
How to Install Windows 10 on Mac with Boot Camp Tutorial: final note
For our visitors: If you have any queries regards the How to Install Windows 10 on Mac with Boot Camp, then please ask us through the comment section below or directly contact us.
Education: This guide or tutorial is just for educational purposes.
Misinformation: If you want to correct any misinformation about the guide “How to Install Windows 10 on Mac with Boot Camp”, then kindly contact us.
Want to add an alternate method: If anyone wants to add the more methods to the guide How to Install Windows 10 on Mac with Boot Camp, then kindly contact us.
Our Contact: Kindly use our contact page regards any help. You may also use our social and accounts by following the Whatsapp, Facebook, and Twitter for your questions. We always love to help you. We answer your questions within 24-48 hours (Weekend off).
Channel: If you want the latest software updates and discussion about any software in your pocket, then here is our Telegram channel.