Check tutorial of How to Make a Photo Black & White on the iPhone
So after a lot of requests from our users here is a guide about How to Make a Photo Black & White on the iPhone.
The iPhone now includes advanced photo and image editing features which allows you to apply different filters to photos taken on the device. Since iOS 7, all of this can be done natively without the need for third-party apps, and with one of the better filter sets, you can quickly turn any color photo into a more artful and emotional black and white version. Similar to converting images to grayscale versions on the Mac, it only takes a moment, but it’s easily overlooked, so let’s take a look how to convert a photo to a black and white version directly from iOS.
Convert a color photo to black and white with iOS filters
- Open the Photos app and select an image to convert from color to grayscale
- Tap “Edit” button in the corner
- Now tap on the Filters button, it is in the center of the Edit selections and looks like three overlapping circles
- Swipe the filter settings to view the three black and white filter settings: ‘Mono’, ‘Tonal’ and ‘Noir’
- When you are satisfied with the results, choose ‘Apply’ and then ‘Save’ to save a new black and white version of the image in your photo library camera roll
Converting images to black and white is great trick to use for photos that are oversaturated or blurred to begin with, so before throwing out those photos that initially seem overexposed, try to make them black and white first, you might be surprised by the result.
It’s worth testing each of the three black and white filters yourself, but here’s a general explanation of what to expect from each:
- Mono – Removes all color from the image, effectively desaturating the photo, but making no adjustments to contrast, brightness or levels
- Tonal – Removes all color saturation and applies a slight boost to both brightness and contrast for a sharper black and white image
- Noir – The strongest black and white filter, applies significant adjustments to levels, brightness and contrast, the sky turns black and lighter parts of the image really come out
Mono and Tonal tend to look universally good with most photo feeds, while Noir can look great with the right starting image, but can also be overlooked with images already heavily contrasted. Try all three and you’ll almost certainly find a selection that works best for the image you’re working with, and the results can turn an otherwise boring photo into a much more artistic representation of itself.
This of course tip also applies to the Photos app for iPad and iPod touch after iOS 7, but for most people, the iPhone is the primary camera of the three devices, so we’ll keep the focus there. Nevertheless, the photo editing tools work just as well elsewhere on other iOS devices, and the larger shielded iPad makes for a surprisingly good image editing device for easy post-editing using these built-in tools.
Looking even more awesome tricks for your photos? We have a lot of other photography tips for both iOS and OS X, ranging from how to take stunning macro photos with iPhone camera, create bokeh, take burst shots and make contact sheets, get started shooting and exploring!
How to Make a Photo Black & White on the iPhone Guide is free?
This guide is a free model
Free Trial: May be included, please check on the official site, we mentioned above.
The How to Make a Photo Black & White on the iPhone tutorial price is Free or Freemium. This means you can truly enjoy the How to Make a Photo Black & White on the iPhone guide.
The How to Make a Photo Black & White on the iPhone guide gives you an easy-to-use and efficient management and How to Make a Photo Black & White on the iPhone allows you to focus on the most important things. It’s friendly guide to use maybe you will love it and How to Make a Photo Black & White on the iPhone tutorial can be used on Linux, Windows or android devices.
How to Make a Photo Black & White on the iPhone: benefits
- The How to Make a Photo Black & White on the iPhone tutorial is free .
- Helps many users follow up with interest in a timely manner.
- The price of the How to Make a Photo Black & White on the iPhone guide is free.
How to Make a Photo Black & White on the iPhone: FAQ
Tutorial Summary: How to Make a Photo Black & White on the iPhone
How this tutorial helping you?
What is actual time in which this method complete?
What are the supported Device?
What are the supported Operating system?
How to Make a Photo Black & White on the iPhone Tutorial: final note
For our visitors: If you have any queries regards the How to Make a Photo Black & White on the iPhone, then please ask us through the comment section below or directly contact us.
Education: This guide or tutorial is just for educational purposes.
Misinformation: If you want to correct any misinformation about the guide “How to Make a Photo Black & White on the iPhone”, then kindly contact us.
Want to add an alternate method: If anyone wants to add the more methods to the guide How to Make a Photo Black & White on the iPhone, then kindly contact us.
Our Contact: Kindly use our contact page regards any help. You may also use our social and accounts by following the Whatsapp, Facebook, and Twitter for your questions. We always love to help you. We answer your questions within 24-48 hours (Weekend off).
Channel: If you want the latest software updates and discussion about any software in your pocket, then here is our Telegram channel.