Check tutorial of How to Migrate to New iPhone XR, X from Old iPhone with iTunes (the Fast Way)
So after a lot of requests from our users here is a guide about How to Migrate to New iPhone XR, X from Old iPhone with iTunes (the Fast Way).
Have you bought a new iPhone XR or iPhone X and now want to migrate all your data and stuff from an older iPhone to the new iPhone XR, iPhone X or iPhone X? It’s easy to migrate everything from an old iPhone to a brand new iPhone X series and transfer all your data with you. This walkthrough will show how to transfer all data from old iPhone to new iPhone X, XS, XR in fastest possible way.
It’s worth noting that there are actually a few ways to transfer data from an old iPhone to a new iPhone XR, XS, X, each method requires a backupup from the old device, which will then be restored to the new iPhone X. While you can use iCloud backups and restore if you wish, our focus here will be on using iTunes backups and iTunes backups. recovery as this is the fastest way for many users to get a new iPhone X installation successfully with all their old data on the new one phone.
How to Migrate all data to new iPhone X, XR from old iPhone with iTunes
The tutorial here we are going through migrating all data from an iPhone 7 Plus to a new iPhone X using iTunes and a computer. This is demonstrated on a Mac with iTunes, but the process is identical on a Windows PC with iTunes.
- Connect the old iPhone to a computer with a USB cable
- Launch iTunes on the computer, then select the connected old iPhone by clicking the little iPhone button at the top of the iTunes window
- In the Summary section, select “My Computer” and click “iPhone Backupup encrypt “*, and then choose” Back Up Now “**
- Let the backup process from old iPhone to iTunes complete
- Choose now up your brand new iPhone X and go through the onscreen setup steps on the device
- When you get to the “Apps and Data” screen, choose “Recover from iTunes Backup.upand connect the new iPhone X to the computer with iTunes
- From the iTunes screen, choose “Welcome to your new iPhone” “Restore from this backupup: “and select the backupup you just made from the old iPhone to iTunes, and then click “Continue”
- Let the iPhone restore from the backup process complete, it may take a while – in the example here, it took about an hour to restore a 128 GB iPhone with almost full storage from an iTunes backupup
- When restoring the backupup is complete, pick up the iPhone X and complete the setup steps
Note that new versions of iTunes (from 12.7) will not restore apps from iTunes, but will instead download the apps again from the App Store during the restore process. You can get around that by using an alternate version of iTunes with App Store support, but it seems inevitable that Apple will be phasing out app support in iTunes in the near future.
That is it. You are ready to use your new iPhone X, XR, XS or iPhone XS Max, the new iPhone X has everything your old iPhone had. All contacts, files, photos, movies, images, gifs, messages, apps, app data, health data, step counts and mileage tracking, everything has been successfully migrated assuming you completed the steps correctly.
* It is important to choose “iPhone backupup encrypt “when the backupup is made to the computer through iTunes to support passwords, logins, health information, email login information, account information, and other information up also. iCloud backups are always encrypted by default. Do not forget the backup password encrypted by iTunes, otherwise your backups will not be accessible.
* You can backup insteadup make the old iPhone with iCloud if you want, but if you have a very large backupup or a lot of photos and movies, using iTunes with USB connection between iPhone and computer will be much faster for both support up and restore. There are some exceptions to this with those who have access to truly world-class superfast broadband internet, but if you’re using one of the notoriously slow monopoly internet service providers that are ubiquitous in the US, it’ll take you a really absurd amount of time to get both a big backup to iCloud as a great backupup restore with iCloud. Just use iTunes, it will be much faster.
How about migrating data to the new iPhone X with iCloud?
You can absolutely create a new iCloud backupup and iCloud restore to migrate everything from an old iPhone to a new iPhone X, the process is basically the same as the above method except you choose to have a backupup to iCloud and then restore iPhone X from it iCloud backupup.
Using iCloud to migrate instead of iTunes is all that up for you, but perhaps the most important factor when using iCloud is the speed and reliability of your internet connection. iCloud Restore works very well, but to complete in a reasonable time frame requires either a relatively small backupup of the device, or an extremely fast and reliable Internet connection.
However, keep in mind that using the iCloud restore process can take an unreasonable amount of time. For example, using iCloud to back up my old 128 GB iPhone Plusup Restore to the new iPhone X was estimated to take a whopping 45 hours with a standard US broadband connection (despite making the Internet, the US has notoriously slow and expensive broadband compared to the developed world, hooray). If you’re in a major US tech hub with lightning-fast fiber optic broadband, using iCloud might be a reasonable option for you. For me personally the decision to wait 1 hour with iTunes restore vs 45 hours with iCloud restore when setting up up the new iPhone X wasn’t exactly a challenging decision; iTunes is it.
Side note: The iPhone X also has a new optional “Quick Start” installation and transfer process that uses iCloud backups and requires both devices to have iOS 11.0 or later, but as discussed earlier, the iTunes method is usually the fastest way to get a new device restored with your old iPhone data, that’s why we’ll focus on iTunes.
Can I migrate from Android to iPhone X?
Yes, Apple makes migration from Android phones to iPhone X also easy, but the steps are different. You can follow this tutorial about migrating from Android to iPhone when you are old phone is an Android and you want to switch to iOS. The process is very different from described above and does not use iTunes but relies on an app downloaded to the Android app and a migration assistant on the iPhone to complete the task. here if that interests you.
How to Migrate to New iPhone XR, X from Old iPhone with iTunes (the Fast Way) Guide is free?
This guide is a free model
Free Trial: May be included, please check on the official site, we mentioned above.
The How to Migrate to New iPhone XR, X from Old iPhone with iTunes (the Fast Way) tutorial price is Free or Freemium. This means you can truly enjoy the How to Migrate to New iPhone XR, X from Old iPhone with iTunes (the Fast Way) guide.
The How to Migrate to New iPhone XR, X from Old iPhone with iTunes (the Fast Way) guide gives you an easy-to-use and efficient management and How to Migrate to New iPhone XR, X from Old iPhone with iTunes (the Fast Way) allows you to focus on the most important things. It’s friendly guide to use maybe you will love it and How to Migrate to New iPhone XR, X from Old iPhone with iTunes (the Fast Way) tutorial can be used on Linux, Windows or android devices.
How to Migrate to New iPhone XR, X from Old iPhone with iTunes (the Fast Way): benefits
- The How to Migrate to New iPhone XR, X from Old iPhone with iTunes (the Fast Way) tutorial is free .
- Helps many users follow up with interest in a timely manner.
- The price of the How to Migrate to New iPhone XR, X from Old iPhone with iTunes (the Fast Way) guide is free.
How to Migrate to New iPhone XR, X from Old iPhone with iTunes (the Fast Way): FAQ
Tutorial Summary: How to Migrate to New iPhone XR, X from Old iPhone with iTunes (the Fast Way)
How this tutorial helping you?
What is actual time in which this method complete?
What are the supported Device?
What are the supported Operating system?
How to Migrate to New iPhone XR, X from Old iPhone with iTunes (the Fast Way) Tutorial: final note
For our visitors: If you have any queries regards the How to Migrate to New iPhone XR, X from Old iPhone with iTunes (the Fast Way), then please ask us through the comment section below or directly contact us.
Education: This guide or tutorial is just for educational purposes.
Misinformation: If you want to correct any misinformation about the guide “How to Migrate to New iPhone XR, X from Old iPhone with iTunes (the Fast Way)”, then kindly contact us.
Want to add an alternate method: If anyone wants to add the more methods to the guide How to Migrate to New iPhone XR, X from Old iPhone with iTunes (the Fast Way), then kindly contact us.
Our Contact: Kindly use our contact page regards any help. You may also use our social and accounts by following the Whatsapp, Facebook, and Twitter for your questions. We always love to help you. We answer your questions within 24-48 hours (Weekend off).
Channel: If you want the latest software updates and discussion about any software in your pocket, then here is our Telegram channel.