Check tutorial of How to Remove Mail Rules from Mac Mail App
So after a lot of requests from our users here is a guide about How to Remove Mail Rules from Mac Mail App.
Do you want to remove email rules from Mac Mail? Or maybe you should disable the email rules when an erroneous email rule has done some damage in the Mail app?
Maybe you’ve created an automatic email responder and you don’t need that email rule anymore, or you have misconfigured an email rule that’s causing issues with the Mail app and want to delete it. Whatever the situation, we’ll show you how to remove Mail rules from Mac OS Mail app. We also show a troubleshooting trick to manually disable mail rules via the file system.
How to Remove email rules from Mac Mail
To remove an email rule from Mac OS email app, do the following:
- OPTIONAL 1st Step: IF the email rule you want to delete is causing a problem sending, replying, or forwarding emails, take your Mac offline first. Just pull down the Wi-Fi menu and choose “Turn Wi-Fi Off” before continuing
- Open the Mail app on the Mac
- Open the “Mail” menu and choose “Preferences”
- Select the “Rules” tab
- Select the email rule you want to delete and then click “Delete” button
- Confirm that you want to delete and delete the email rule
- Repeat this to delete other mail lines if desired
- If desired, quit and restart the Mail app
If an email rule is deleted, that email rule will no longer be triggered and will no longer be available. This will completely remove the email rule from the Mail app.
Don’t forget to turn Wi-Fi back on if you had Wi-Fi turned off to get rid of the email rule. Obviously, if the Mac isn’t using Wi-Fi, you’ll need to disconnect and reconnect any other network in use, such as an ethernet cable.
Sometimes it is not possible to delete an email rule for whatever reason, and in that case you can try to disable email rules manually instead. This can be useful as a troubleshooting method for some email scenarios where an email rule is wrong or causing problems with the Mac Mail app.
How to Manually disable email rules from Mac Mail
If an existing email rule is causing problems, you can manually disable all email rules in the Mac Mail app by opening a series of rule files in the file system. This process is slightly different depending on the version of MacOS you are using in that some folders or files will be different.
- Take the Mac offline by pulling down the Wi-Fi menu and choosing Turn Wi-Fi Off
- Quit the Mail app if it is currently open
- Open the Finder in MacOS
- Open the “Go” menu and choose “Go to Folder” and enter the following path (including the tilde ~):
- In the “Mail” folder, open the folder named “V6” (earlier versions of MacOS may call this folder V2, V3, V4, V5, etc.)
- Open the folder named “MailData”
- Locate the files named all (or some if others are missing) of the following: RulesActiveState.plistSyncedRules.plistUnsyncedRules.plistMessageRules.plist
- Create a new folder somewhere else easily found on the Mac, such as the desktop, and drag those files into that newly created folder
- Restart the Mail app, the email rules will be disabled
- Go to Mail> Preferences> Rules and edit or delete email rules as needed
~ / Library / Mail /
Don’t forget to turn Wi-Fi back on.
This latter approach can be useful for troubleshooting if an incorrectly configured email rule is set and it causes problems.
Do you have any others tips, tricks, or any suggestions for troubleshooting, disabling, or removing email rules from the Mac Mail app? Share with us in the comments below.
How to Remove Mail Rules from Mac Mail App Guide is free?
This guide is a free model
Free Trial: May be included, please check on the official site, we mentioned above.
The How to Remove Mail Rules from Mac Mail App tutorial price is Free or Freemium. This means you can truly enjoy the How to Remove Mail Rules from Mac Mail App guide.
The How to Remove Mail Rules from Mac Mail App guide gives you an easy-to-use and efficient management and How to Remove Mail Rules from Mac Mail App allows you to focus on the most important things. It’s friendly guide to use maybe you will love it and How to Remove Mail Rules from Mac Mail App tutorial can be used on Linux, Windows or android devices.
How to Remove Mail Rules from Mac Mail App: benefits
- The How to Remove Mail Rules from Mac Mail App tutorial is free .
- Helps many users follow up with interest in a timely manner.
- The price of the How to Remove Mail Rules from Mac Mail App guide is free.
How to Remove Mail Rules from Mac Mail App: FAQ
Tutorial Summary: How to Remove Mail Rules from Mac Mail App
How this tutorial helping you?
What is actual time in which this method complete?
What are the supported Device?
What are the supported Operating system?
How to Remove Mail Rules from Mac Mail App Tutorial: final note
For our visitors: If you have any queries regards the How to Remove Mail Rules from Mac Mail App, then please ask us through the comment section below or directly contact us.
Education: This guide or tutorial is just for educational purposes.
Misinformation: If you want to correct any misinformation about the guide “How to Remove Mail Rules from Mac Mail App”, then kindly contact us.
Want to add an alternate method: If anyone wants to add the more methods to the guide How to Remove Mail Rules from Mac Mail App, then kindly contact us.
Our Contact: Kindly use our contact page regards any help. You may also use our social and accounts by following the Whatsapp, Facebook, and Twitter for your questions. We always love to help you. We answer your questions within 24-48 hours (Weekend off).
Channel: If you want the latest software updates and discussion about any software in your pocket, then here is our Telegram channel.