Check tutorial of How to Resize a Photo on Mac
So after a lot of requests from our users here is a guide about How to Resize a Photo on Mac.
When you resize an image, the resolution of the image changes by increasing or decreasing it as needed. On the Mac, one of the easiest ways to resize a photo is to use the included Preview application, which is available in all versions of macOS and Mac OS X.
There are many reasons for resizing images, whether they fit better in a document, web page, email, as a background, or for many other purposes. In addition, resizing an image can be useful for reducing the file size of an image as well, as a smaller resolution usually has a smaller file size. Whatever the purpose, we’ll show you the fastest way to resize a photo on Mac using Preview.
Note that the method we are covering here is to resize a single image file, if you have multiple images that you want to resize to the same dimensions, you would probably use this batch resize method for Want to use Mac.
How to Resize a photo on Mac
In this walkthrough, we’ll take a wide panorama image of the Grand Canyon and resize it from a very large wide resolution to a smaller image resolution, reducing the image dimensions and file size.
- Find the image in the Mac file system that you want to resize
- Open the image file you want to resize in Preview on Mac, since Preview is usually the default image viewer, you can double-click an image in Finder to launch into it
- Open the “Tools” menu and choose “Resize”
- On the Image Dimensions screen, choose the new width and height in pixels (or inches, cm, mm, points, in percent) to resize the image, scale and resize proportionally, make sure that the ‘Proportional Scaling’ option is checked – click “OK” if you are satisfied with the new image dimensions you want to resize
- The image in Preview will immediately resize to the resolution dimensions chosen in the previous step, if you are not satisfied, repeat the above steps to resize the image again, otherwise go to the next step
- When you are satisfied with the resized image, go to the ‘File’ menu and choose ‘Save’ to save the resized image over the existing file, or choose ‘Save As’ to Save the image with the newly resized image as a new separate image file
- Assuming you have chosen ‘Save As’, choose a new file name, choose a file destination, select the appropriate file format and adjust the image quality if necessary, then click ‘Save’ to save the image with the modified format
The resized photo is where you saved it in the Mac Finder, or it becomes the old file if you overwrite the existing image.
Remember that you can lower an image resolution as well as an image resolution by resizing this way. Increasing the dimensions of an image increases the file size, while decreasing the dimensions of an image generally decreases the file size.
Note that the ‘Fit in’ options give many default new file sizes to choose from, but we opted for a custom image dimension to resize the image here. Likewise, you certainly don’t need to use the ‘Proportional Scaling’ option, but since most users don’t want to skew their resized image, it is generally recommended to resize them proportionally.
This method works to resize an image in any version of macOS or Mac OS X ever released, as Preview has been included with the Mac from the beginning. The video below shows how to resize images in Preview for macOS Sierra, but it exists in El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks, Snow Leopard, Tiger, and many more:
The Preview app is often underrated, it’s impressively packed featured although many Mac users write it off as a simple image viewer. In fact, the Preview app for Mac has many advanced image adjustments and editing features, including the ability to increase color saturation, convert images to black and white, crop images, batch resize multiple images, batch batch files from image files. convert and much more. Users who want to dive deeper into the capabilities of apps can browse our articles on Preview for Mac here.
Do you know of any other better way to resize images on a Mac? Have a specific format change tips? Let us know in the comments.
How to Resize a Photo on Mac Guide is free?
This guide is a free model
Free Trial: May be included, please check on the official site, we mentioned above.
The How to Resize a Photo on Mac tutorial price is Free or Freemium. This means you can truly enjoy the How to Resize a Photo on Mac guide.
The How to Resize a Photo on Mac guide gives you an easy-to-use and efficient management and How to Resize a Photo on Mac allows you to focus on the most important things. It’s friendly guide to use maybe you will love it and How to Resize a Photo on Mac tutorial can be used on Linux, Windows or android devices.
How to Resize a Photo on Mac: benefits
- The How to Resize a Photo on Mac tutorial is free .
- Helps many users follow up with interest in a timely manner.
- The price of the How to Resize a Photo on Mac guide is free.
How to Resize a Photo on Mac: FAQ
Tutorial Summary: How to Resize a Photo on Mac
In this guide, we told you about How to Resize a Photo on Mac; please read all steps so that you understand How to Resize a Photo on Mac in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial helping you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How to Resize a Photo on Mac, which undoubtedly helps you.
What is actual time in which this method complete?
The time to complete the How to Resize a Photo on Mac tutorial is 10+ minutes.
What are the supported Device?
What are the supported Operating system?
How to Resize a Photo on Mac Tutorial: final note
For our visitors: If you have any queries regards the How to Resize a Photo on Mac, then please ask us through the comment section below or directly contact us.
Education: This guide or tutorial is just for educational purposes.
Misinformation: If you want to correct any misinformation about the guide “How to Resize a Photo on Mac”, then kindly contact us.
Want to add an alternate method: If anyone wants to add the more methods to the guide How to Resize a Photo on Mac, then kindly contact us.
Our Contact: Kindly use our contact page regards any help. You may also use our social and accounts by following the Whatsapp, Facebook, and Twitter for your questions. We always love to help you. We answer your questions within 24-48 hours (Weekend off).
Channel: If you want the latest software updates and discussion about any software in your pocket, then here is our Telegram channel.