Check tutorial of How to Use Search on iPhone & iPad with Spotlight
So after a lot of requests from our users here is a guide about How to Use Search on iPhone & iPad with Spotlight.
Have a lot of apps, files, emails, messages, contacts and other data on iPhone or iPad that you want to be able to search easily? It can be challenging to get through all home screen pages, contact lists, notes, emails, messages and other things to find what you are looking for on iOS and iPadOS, but there is an easier way. This is exactly where Spotlight search comes in handy.
Spotlight is a powerful system-wide search feature available on Apple’s iOS, iPadOS and macOS devices such as the iPhone, iPad and Mac. It helps users find everything – files, text, contact information, emails, apps, info – that’s stored on their device, and it can even pull results from the web. Thanks to seamless Siri integration, Spotlight can show suggestions based on your search history and update the results as you type.
If you are not familiar with Spotlight search on iPhone and iPad, read on as we explain how to use Spotlight search feature on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
How to Use Search on iPhone and iPad with Spotlight
There are two ways to open Spotlight search on the iPhone and iPad, although one is noticeably faster than the other. Let’s take a look at how to access and use Spotlight on your device:
- The fastest way to open Spotlight search is to swipe down on it home screen, this automatically opens the keyboard and eliminates the need for a second entry. You can also access Spotlight by simply swiping right on it home screen of iPhone or iPad, this will take you to the “Today View” section with the search bar at the top.
- If you’ve swiped right on it home screen to open Spotlight, you have to tap the search bar once to up the iOS keyboard.
- Type what you want to find on your device, you can search for anything stored in the device. If you are trying to find an app you want to use, just start typing in the search bar and the suggestions will be displayed up underneath. The app is displayed up under the ‘Applications’ section with results.
- Search also lets you search for things like your contacts. Just start typing a contact name and it will be displayed up either in suggestions or results as a map. You can text or call directly from this menu.
- If you are an Apple Music user, you can quickly search for songs with the search bar and play them without opening the app. Likewise, you can also search for YouTube videos by adding “youtube” to the search term.
- Now if you want to find something on the Internet, suppose you want to watch up meaning of a word, Spotlight will fetch you dictionary results similar to what is shown in the screenshot below.
Now you know how how to Get started with Spotlight search on your iPhone and iPad to find things on your device.
Try it out by searching for apps, emails, messages, notes, contacts and just about anything stored on your iPhone or iPad.
From finding apps on your device to searching for literally anything on the web, right from the comfort of your home home screen, Spotlight has a lot going for it and is a great way to navigate the depths of an iPhone or iPad. Once you get used to this feature, you may never want to scroll through it home screen pages to find apps, a massive address book in Contacts, or even open your browser to quickly get web search results. Spotlight is quite powerful so try it out and use it enough to get the hang of it, you will surely love it feature.
Aside from all that, there are some fun and useful things you could do with Spotlight. You could find restaurants with only emojis on your iPhone or iPad. Suppose you type the pizza emoji, Spotlight will fetch the results for you from restaurants serving pizza. Kinda neat, isn’t it?
Additionally, if you want to convert currency quickly, you don’t really need to open your web browser. Just type in the currency value as you normally would on Google, and Spotlight would display the most accurate exchange rate.
And as mentioned before, you can search Wikipedia and the web from Spotlight too, so even if something isn’t on your device, you can search for it or look it up.
Spotlight has a lot features, and there is also a feature called Siri Suggestions that some users like or dislike, if you’re not a fan of that, you can turn off Siri Suggestions in the search results and stop seeing things that the virtual assistant isn’t using for Spotlight searches.
As mentioned earlier, Spotlight is also available on macOS and works in a fairly similar way. So if you own a MacBook, iMac or Mac Pro, you might want to know how to get information about something using Spotlight on your Mac.
We’ve covered a ton of Spotlight topics for the Apple ecosystem over the years, browse those articles and you’re sure to learn something new.
What do you think about Spotlight search feature oo iPhone and iPad? Do you swipe down or swipe right to access? Has it changed the way you open apps and search for information? Let us know your experiences, thoughts and opinions in the comments!
How to Use Search on iPhone & iPad with Spotlight Guide is free?
This guide is a free model
Free Trial: May be included, please check on the official site, we mentioned above.
The How to Use Search on iPhone & iPad with Spotlight tutorial price is Free or Freemium. This means you can truly enjoy the How to Use Search on iPhone & iPad with Spotlight guide.
The How to Use Search on iPhone & iPad with Spotlight guide gives you an easy-to-use and efficient management and How to Use Search on iPhone & iPad with Spotlight allows you to focus on the most important things. It’s friendly guide to use maybe you will love it and How to Use Search on iPhone & iPad with Spotlight tutorial can be used on Linux, Windows or android devices.
How to Use Search on iPhone & iPad with Spotlight: benefits
- The How to Use Search on iPhone & iPad with Spotlight tutorial is free .
- Helps many users follow up with interest in a timely manner.
- The price of the How to Use Search on iPhone & iPad with Spotlight guide is free.
How to Use Search on iPhone & iPad with Spotlight: FAQ
Tutorial Summary: How to Use Search on iPhone & iPad with Spotlight
How this tutorial helping you?
What is actual time in which this method complete?
What are the supported Device?
What are the supported Operating system?
How to Use Search on iPhone & iPad with Spotlight Tutorial: final note
For our visitors: If you have any queries regards the How to Use Search on iPhone & iPad with Spotlight, then please ask us through the comment section below or directly contact us.
Education: This guide or tutorial is just for educational purposes.
Misinformation: If you want to correct any misinformation about the guide “How to Use Search on iPhone & iPad with Spotlight”, then kindly contact us.
Want to add an alternate method: If anyone wants to add the more methods to the guide How to Use Search on iPhone & iPad with Spotlight, then kindly contact us.
Our Contact: Kindly use our contact page regards any help. You may also use our social and accounts by following the Whatsapp, Facebook, and Twitter for your questions. We always love to help you. We answer your questions within 24-48 hours (Weekend off).
Channel: If you want the latest software updates and discussion about any software in your pocket, then here is our Telegram channel.