When it comes to choosing IAS coaching in Delhi vs online IAS coaching, the choice varies from one aspirant to another. At times, the candidates feel confused concerning which of the methods would be more suitable for them. Both have their own merits and demerits.
Read on to find the merits and demerits of both and make a suitable choice.
IAS Coaching in Delhi
- Guidance by eminent faculty members and mentors: The Best IAS coaching in Delhi, specifically those with the faculty member who has faced the UPSC interview provide the IAS aspirants with expert guidance and mentorship. Thus, students are able to hone their skills well. Besides, it also adds up to their confidence.
- Study Material and Test Series: Most of the IAS coaching institutions provide the students with the course content that is carefully prepared by the subject experts. Many of them have usually prepared for the UPSC exam sometime or another. Besides, most of them have also faced the UPSC Interview as well.
Besides the carefully and competently prepared study material, the IAS coaching institutions offer the advantage of the Test Series. It is a great help for making self-assessment. Though it can be argued that online test series also offer the same advantage to the IAS candidates; who can deny the benefits of competing with peers in a traditional classroom coaching institution? While an aspirant competes with his classmates, he gets to have an idea if he would be able to compete with others from all over India while facing the UPSC exam.
- Great help for the beginners: A majority of the IAS aspirants who has just begun to think of going ahead with the preparation for the Civil Services exam considers the classroom IAS coaching a great help. The study material, Test Series, strategies for preparation, and sharpening of the answer writing skills at the coaching institution help them a great deal.
Though the merits outweigh the demerits of IAS coaching, the aspirants should be careful to avoid the demerits at all costs. At times, the coaching institutions allow more students in a batch than they should. It obviously results in lack of attention towards the problems of all of the students. As a result, their queries might be left unanswered. So, choose such regular classroom coaching which does not have more than 100 students in a batch. You need a mentor with interaction and not a seminar like a crowd where interaction with the teacher is nearly impossible.
Online IAS Coaching
- It brings IAS preparation within the reach of all: There are many who are not allowed to get themselves enrolled in a regular coaching institution because of their circumstances. A number of the IAS aspirants simply find themselves unable to give up their jobs in order to attend classes in an IAS coaching institution. And what about the housewives who cannot ignore obligations towards their home? Thus, Online IAS Coaching allows all to study at their own leisure and convenience in the comfort of their homes.
- It allows self-study: There are many who find self-study to be a far better way to prepare for the IAS exam. And self-study, by no means, lags behind the learning experience gained in a classroom. There have been a number of IAS aspirants who have cleared the exam successfully by means of opting for self-study along with a smart utilization of various other advantages offered by the Online IAS coaching.
- Economy: Economy plays a crucial role. The coaching institutions charge a hefty sum of fee. On the other hand, IAS Online coaching is far more economical.
- Sufficient and excellent study material: There is no dearth of the study material when you opt for studying online. Besides, the quality of the study material is excellent. If the learner makes a sincere effort, he is not going to lag behind any of his competitors as far as tightening the grip over a subject is concerned.
- Live Classes: Quite a few of the reputed online IAS coachings offer the advantage of the live classes to their students. The number of the students is also limited (though it is online). Besides, in the interactive sessions, the students get their queries answered by the faculty at each of the students receives individual attention. Moreover, the students get the advantage of attending the same lecture as is attended by the students in the classroom currently (i.e., if the online institute offers the classroom coachings also).
- Lack of access in the remote areas: Though the world wide web can be accessed anywhere across the globe, many of the remote areas still do not have access to the Internet. Besides, the vast majority of the Indian youth still hails from rural India. So, the online coaching for IAS, still is, not within the reach of all.
- Almost no mentorship: With online coaching, students usually find themselves confused due to the lack of mentorship. Moreover, in the absence of the mentors for most of the candidates, too much of the study material further adds to the confusion of the students. Thus, the aspirants are required to be slightly more aware and analytical in the absence of these facilities.
Further, as all the individuals are unique, the same rule applies to the IAS aspirants as well. It is wiser and only more sensible to weigh all the merits and demerits of the IAS classroom coaching vs Online IAS coaching before making the final choice. It is always rational to check for some demo videos of the online IAS coaching provider. Recorded video lectures should be preferred than Live classes because it has been observed that expert faculties don’t like to entertain live classes (it distracts their attention). Other to it video online coaching doesn’t require regimentation, you can watch it at your leisure.
Besides, the requirements of all the aspirants vary and so does the final decision. A candidate may find online coaching more suitable whereas another may opt for IAS classroom coaching.