If the thought of a lengthy automobile journey or going to mattress without a connection to the Internet makes you tremble with worry, then the re’s a answer. You can download these YouTube videos that your children (otherwise you) love to watch offline. Here’s how to save YouTube videos to your Mac to allow them to be seen without an web connection.
Before we begin, we must always level out that you ought to be conscious of copyright points. First, you should not download another person’s video after which, for instance, add it to your individual YouTube channel or use it to promote what you are promoting. Also, take into account that downloading YouTube videos violates YouTube’s phrases of service. The company specifies that “You should not download content unless you see a” download “or a similar link displayed by YouTube.”
Of course, if it is in your personal non-public use, YouTube is unlikely to ever know.
Below we are going to have a look at some options for downloading YouTube video to your Mac. Join us as we seek for the very best YouTube downloader for Mac.
- $ 11.99 / £ 11.99 per 30 days, 1 month free trial
- Get it right here
It is value mentioning right here that YouTube provides its personal YouTube Premium service that enables you to download YouTube videos. That service prices $ 11.99 / £ 11.99 per 30 days, and as well as to having the ability to download video, you may also keep away from advertisements, hear to YouTube Music Premium (and Google Play Music). And you possibly can watch YouTube Originals, together with motion pictures and collection which might be solely obtainable on the subscription service.
However, for those who hope you possibly can download the video to your Mac, you may be disenchanted. With YouTube Premium, subscribers can solely download video and music to mobile gadgets and might solely be seen offline for 30 days.
This could be probably the most respectable method to download YouTube video. But if you do not need to pay £ 143.88 / $ 143.88 per 12 months for the privilege, fortunately there are different options.
Best free YouTube downloader for Mac
The re are loads of instruments that publicize their capability to save YouTube videos to your Mac. Some of those choices are free and a few are paid for. In our expertise, the free apps are often more issues than they’re value and probably harmful. (For instance, for those who see a warning that it is best to install Flash, it might actually be a rip-off, or worse, malware!)
Fortunately, there are a variety of methods you possibly can download YouTube video at no cost with software program that comes along with your Mac. You do not want to download an app in any respect.
MacOS Mojave: Command + Shift + 5
- Download macOS Mojave right here
macOS Mojave has its personal built-in display recording operate and since it’s a part of the macOS it’s free to use.
This could be a answer for you for those who do not want the audio as a result of it does not file the sound.
- Press Command + Shift + 5.
- Click Record chosen part.
- Drag the crosshairs to choose the video.
- Click Record.
- Now begin enjoying the video.
- Wait for it to end and cease the video.
- Stop display recording (you may find a cease button within the menu on the high of the display or within the field as seen within the picture under.)
Before Apple merged the display seize instruments with the display seize instruments in macOS Mojave Mac customers might use QuickTime to file the display on their Mac.
QuickTime can nonetheless be used this manner – not less than for now. Here’s how.
- Open QuickTIme Player (press Command + Space and begin typing QuickTime).
- Go to the menu on the high of the display and select File> New Screen Recording.
- A Screen Capture pop-up window seems. Before going to the subsequent step, click on the down arrow subsequent to the crimson button and ensure Internal microphone is chosen.
- Click on the crimson button.
- Now you will notice directions indicating that you would be able to click on to file full display, or drag to file a part of the display. Drag the crosshairs over the video.
- Now click on on Record.
- Start enjoying YouTube video (make certain the sound is turned on).
- Once the YouTube video has completed enjoying, you possibly can click on the cease button within the menu on the high of the display.
- The video will open for you to evaluation earlier than saving.
This is without a doubt 1 of the best ways to file on YouTube on a Mac. However, a quick video can take up a lot of space on your Mac and naturally it’s essential to wait whereas the entire video performs.
How to download YouTube video
The re are additionally some options that download the YouTube video for you, as a substitute of getting to file your Mac’s display whereas enjoying the video. This could be a most popular choice if you do not have time to sit and look forward to an hour of Peppa Pig to play.
As we mentioned above, we do not advocate the free options particularly as the re’s already a free answer on the Mac and we aren’t certain how a lot we belief them.
iTubeDownloader fees a charge – it prices $ 8.99 for the activation code and college students can get a 35% low cost – however, the re’s a free trial which may be enough in your wants.
It seems to be like a browser, however, it should routinely lead you to the YouTube homepage. The n browse the location as typical, besides that the re’s now a massive download button subsequent to the URL bar. Tap this at any time to watch the video you’re at the moment watching (or the video whose URL you pasted into the tackle bar).
We discovered it simple to use iTubeDownloader and the ensuing download was good high quality. (You may even select from download high quality settings.) The solely downside is that it isn’t free exterior the phrases of the trial interval.
- £ 15.99 / $ 19.99 per 12 months, 7-day trial
- Download it right here
Based on the truth that working with a well-known company means you are not going to get dangerous software program earlier than, with worse malware on your Mac, let’s take a have a look at Parallels ToolBox.
Parallels (the folks behind the software program that make it simple to run Windows on your Mac) have come up with 30 instruments that can be utilized to simplify a variety of duties on your Mac. ToolBox is the results of their expertise in staffing a assist desk for his or her prospects utilizing Parallels on a Mac. So many shoppers phoned in on how to do various things, which Parallels thought a variety of easy-to-use instruments could possibly be a good answer. And so Parallels Toolbox was born.
- After you download and install Parallels Toolbox, you will notice a toolbox icon within the menu on the high of your display. Click on that.
- You will see a variety of instruments together with Airplane Mode, Free Memory, Do Not Disturb, Create GIF and Download Video. Click Download video.
- Toolbox tells you to allow a Safari extension to download video. Click Enable.
- Now a video download field will open on your display. Copy and paste the URL of the YouTube video and paste it into the field or drag it into it. An arrow signifies that the video is downloading and a field with particulars seems, eg By downloading “Peppa Pig.mp4”, you possibly can watch the download happen. It took us about 10 minutes to download 88 MB, however, take into account that the pace is decided by your connection.
- Once the download is full, you’ll find the video file in your Downloads folder (which will not be instantly apparent).
The file is saved as an MPEG-4 film. It will open and play in QuickTime on your Mac.
If you are searching for a straightforward method to get the video on an iPad or iPhone, 1 answer is to copy the video to iCloud so you possibly can entry it from the Files app. You can then download it from there and play everytime you need. We have more info on how to save a YouTube video on an iPhone or iPad.