Many folks like to ship playing cards to their friends and kin at Christmas, however, you’ll be able to enhance your game this 12 months by creating a Christmas-themed video as an alternative that’s good for sharing on Facebook, WhatsApp, or the like.
Popular apps for creating vacation playing cards and vacation movies embrace Elf Yourself – in all probability the very best identified and most liked Christmas video maker. Below we describe how to use Elf Yourself and likewise have a look at a few Elf Yourself options for those who actually need to stand out from the group.
So read on to learn all about how to make humorous Christmas video ecards that stare at you and your family or friends.
If you are still in search of that final second, take a have a look at our Best Tech Gifts for Christmas 2019 to get some inspiration. Or check out our greatest Apple Deals assortment for some reductions on Apple kits.
We even have right here how to name Santa on your iPhone.
We begin with the loyal Santa, Elf Yourself. Here we are going to clarify how to use Elf Yourself, together with the place movies are saved, how to share to Facebook and Whatsapp, how many elves could be in your video, and how to get free movies from Elf Yourself.
What is Elf Yourself?
While the title of this app appears like some form of Laplandian insult, it is truly a actually enjoyable manner to rework your self and your family or friends into Santa’s little helpers.
Eleven Yourself has a pre-made video of elves dancing in Santa’s studio, and by taking a selfie or deciding on a picture out of your picture library, you’ll be able to add your face to their lithe our bodies.
The app helps up to 5 elves, every of which may have completely different faces, with every video containing the related quantity. This avoids the catastrophic mistake of discovering your dancing character surrounded by headless beheaded monsters – or Night of the Living Riverdance as it’s identified.
Eleven Yourself is a wonderful means to make you and your friends chortle. It’s free for the workshop video, however, others can be found from £ 0.99 in-app purchases or £ 7.99 for all 19 dances.
If you do not really feel like paying 99 cents for a dance, come again tomorrow, as a result of on daily basis a completely different dance is given away without spending a dime.
Install Elf Yourself right here.
How to use Eleven Yourself
- Start by selecting your pictures – you’ll be able to take a picture or select a picture out of your camera roll. We faucet on camera roll.
- Choose your picture and it’ll seem beneath the hat of an elf. You have to regulate the face to the body, so squeeze or pull out till it matches. You ought to attempt to align the mouth with the guide, however, you’ll be able to transfer the guide by dragging it.
- If the picture you select isn’t straight, you’ll be able to flip it barely together with your fingers to make it match.
- When you’re glad, faucet Next.
- Tap the plus signal beneath the hat to make your subsequent elf.
- Continue with these steps till you’ve gotten made all of the elves you want. You haven’t got to make 5.
- The subsequent step is to add a greeting, though you do not have to. Tap Add Greeting.
- Tap the phrases Your Holiday Greeting right here and you’ll regulate the wording.
- Tap on Save.
- Dance now: Tap Let’s dance.
- Here you’ll be able to see examples of various dance movies. You can browse the record to find the free movies (you get 2 free movies per day as well as to the traditional video). If you find 1 you want, you’ll be able to faucet it to download. Some value 99 pence, others are free.
- Find the video you need and faucet download.
- Downloading the video takes a couple of minutes and it isn’t clear the place it went. However, for those who faucet the yellow download arrow (and make sure that Elf Yourself has entry to your pictures), your video might be downloaded to your Photos app.
- Tap Ok.
- Now you’ve gotten to wait a few seconds whereas it prepares your video. You may even see an advert at this stage, however, you’ll be able to click on the x to shut it.
- Now go to your picture library and check your recents or your video folder to find the video.
- Share within the traditional manner with Facebook, Whatsapp or by way of Message.
Apps like Elf Yourself
As a lot as we love Elf Yourself, everybody makes use of it, so if you’d like to stand, you need to attempt 1 thing completely different. We have checked out a variety of options under.
Like Elf Yourself, Jib Jab provides varied movies and GIFs in which you’ll be able to shine. Here’s how you’ll be able to use it.
Here’s how to make a festive GIF with Jib Jab:
- Download the Jib Jab app right here.
- You can login with Facebook or e-mail, or simply login. If you log in by way of Facebook, you could log in together with your Facebook Data. You should additionally approve the use of your camera.
- The first step is to take a selfie. You have to fill the oval form together with your face.
- Once the selfie is taken, you’ll be able to pinch and rotate the picture to edit it. You also can select completely different shapes that swimsuit you higher.
- When you faucet the display, you will see guides that present the place your eyes and mouth must be.
- When you’re glad, faucet the check mark to save.
- You will see a number of choices that preview your face in several playing cards, movies and GIFs. If you need to watch solely movies or simply GIFs, you’ll be able to faucet on the related tab. Note you could make movies with this app, however, they’re ‘Exclusive Members’ which suggests you’ve gotten to pay a month-to-month subscription of £ 2.29 (you’ll be able to cancel your subscription at any time, after all).
- Choose a GIF you want by tapping on it.
- You have the choice to sort textual content on the GIF, change to 1 other face or simply go forward and share. You can share by way of Messages, Whatsapp, Facebook Messenger, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and more.
- Do you need to save the GIF in your picture library? Send it as a message to your self, maintain down the GIF and select save.
To make a Christmas video with Jib Jab:
- Do you need to make a video? Scroll by means of the video previews till you find 1 you want – there are a few Christmassy choices, we selected Sia’s ‘Santa Coming for Us’ (however, keep in mind you’ve gotten to subscribe to use it).
- Tap your selection
- The n you’ve gotten the choice to create Clip, so faucet that:
Drag your face onto the character (or add a new face)
Now you’ve gotten to regulate the form of the mouth till it matches across the decrease lip, because it strikes with the music.
- Tap the check mark to save.
- Now faucet to watch video. Here you’ll be requested to pay a month-to-month subscription of £ 2.29. You can merely pay the subscription for a month after which after all cancel. Here’s how to cancel a subscription on the iPhone.
Christmas Dance – Happy strikes
This choice is comparable to Eleven Yourself. Christmas Dance – Happy Moves provides you the chance to create 2 characters to shine in a video.
Christmas Dance – Happy Moves is free to use. Unfortunately, there are various advertisements, however, they will shut after a few seconds.
- Download right here from the App Store.
- Tap Start.
- Close the advert that’s exhibiting.
- The re are choices to add 2 characters, Santa Claus and an elf. Tap the +.
- Allow the app to entry your camera and pictures.
- You can take a selfie or select a picture out of your picture library.
- Once you’ve got added your faces, faucet Dance.
- Now you see a few backgrounds to select from, select the 1 you want.
- Wait for the video to play and you’ll be given choices to download or share. Tap share on message, e-mail, WhatsApp, Facebook and so on.
- Tap the download image to put it aside to your picture roll, you want to enable the app to entry pictures.
- It could take a couple of minutes for it to seem, however, it should ultimately seem.
Tappy Video Editor
This is the choice for you if in case you have a video that you’ve got already recorded but additionally need to add some Christmas options to it. Tappy provides a number of animated stickers you could add to your video that seem at sure factors throughout playback. Many of the results have sound results. You can share to Facebook, Instagram and Facebook Messenger immediately from the app.
- Download Tappy right here.
- Choose your video.
- While the video is taking part in, faucet the completely different stickers to add them in order that they seem at the moment throughout playback.
Want to get a little more artistic together with your Christmas video? Read our guides on how to use iMovie on iPhone and iMovie on Mac, plus we’ve this guide on how to use Memories app to create movies and slideshows on your iPhone.
Now that your festive video has been made, it could be time to sit again and examine it to others shot on a barely greater funds. Read our greatest Christmas motion pictures within the iTunes guide for a collection of the very best.
And for those who shot your video in portrait mode once you meant the surroundings was, or vice versa, here is how to rotate a video on iPhone.