Asus Zenfone 6 – Introduction
Is Asus the new OnePlus? Not to mention that it offers features that fans want. Asus has just announced the Zenfone 6, which offers a front almost without glasses and considerable firepower. However, this is not even the most interesting part of the phone launched by Asus.
In a world where smartphone manufacturers are finding ways to deliver a full-screen experience to the end user by implementing different types of notch designs, Asus Zenfone 6 is a break because it has no notches. Yes, there is a microSD slot, a 3.5mm headphone jack, a huge battery (5000 mAh), a notification LED also. All these elements are those that the main players – Apple, Huawei and Google – have “exceeded” in their flagship products, only Samsung seems to stay the course. And Asus.
Asus Zenfone 6 – Design
Asus has implemented a glass and aluminum sandwich design on the Zenfone 6. The back panel is covered with a layer of Gorilla glass and narrows at the edges, giving the phone a good grip and an elegant look . This 3D curved design meets the aluminum frame, giving it a certain weight.
The phone has a thickness of 9.1 mm and weighs 190 g. The screen has no cutout for any type of notch on the phone. Instead, Asus has gone ahead with a feat of engineering that is unparalleled when you look at the current smartphones on the market. This is a rear-facing camera that swings forward to take selfies or initiate unlocking of the face. Asus calls this their “Flip Camera” and this could be one of the most innovative solutions to create a no-glasses experience in recent times.
The re is an on / off button highlighted on the right edge with volume flip-flops and a smart key. This smart key has a default value that brings up the Google Assistant. Fortunately, it is customizable and any function can be associated with the smart key. The Zenfone 6 has a very solid construction that feels comfortable to hold due to the curved back design. And the rocking camera is a very original approach to creating a full-screen experience.
Asus Zenfone 6 – Display
The Asus version of 2020 now well established – this shadowing area in front of many current smartphones where the selfie camera is usually housed – makes it just not necessary. It just takes a bit of creativity and a whole new camera mechanism – which we’ll come back to in a moment.
As Asus chose to abandon the notch, however, there is a troubling hardware choice in our opinion: it is an IPS LCD panel rather than OLED. Now, that sounds perfectly fine – no, very good – but a fist-notch solution should be an LCD because of the way the panel is cut. Asus would surely have had to support the advances of an OLED panel – with richer blacks and more pronounced colors – to really show its solution without notch. Nevertheless, there are many good things about the current Zenfone 6 solution.
It’s great, it’s brilliant and even when the content is in the spotlight, its Full HD + resolution is very clear. Although others adopt a higher resolution, it can be said that it only hurts the life of the battery, even on this larger scale. Sit Zenfone 6 next to its top competitors and it stands out in a largely positive light.
Asus Zenfone 6 – Camera
The flippy nature of the camera module is interesting. Rather than presenting a front camera that would encroach on the display, the rear cameras of the phone can be flipped over to face. The module includes a 48-megapixel, 48-megapixel Sony IMX586 sensor and f / 1.79 aperture, as well as a 13-megapixel 125-degree wide angle camera, laser autofocus and flash double LED.
The floating nature of the camera module provides users with exceptional front-facing lenses and access to advanced shooting modes, previously exclusive to rear-facing cameras. Photo quality is generally excellent, with impressive detail and sharpness, and HDR + mode produces beautiful, detailed images in challenging lighting conditions. The 48Mp sensor also works well in dimly lit environments, though the phone’s dedicated night mode simply can not compete with the one provided by groups such as Huawei, Samsung and Google. The re is a good level of light but a slight sacrifice to the detriment of clarity.
The 13Mp 125-degree wide angle camera is ideal for group selfies, especially when combined with the floating nature of the phone. It works well in well-lit environments, but unfortunately photos taken in dimly lit environments are significantly less bright than those taken by the 48Mp sensor. One of the cool features of the Flip camera is manual control. you can adjust the angle of the camera using the volume knob, which allows you to find the ideal angle for your shots.
Asus Zenfone 6 – Battery
Beyond the software, the Zenfone 6 is a phone on a large scale. Inevitable given the size of its 6.4-inch screen, certainly, but also part of one of its other important features: a 5000 mAh battery. To put 5,000 mAh in perspective: the Huawei Mate 30 Pro has a battery of 4,200 mAh and lasts about a year, easily beyond a day. Take this into account and Zenfone 6, which combines Adaptive Battery Adaptive Monitoring from Google for individual applications, hybridly coupled to the Asus OptiFlex algorithm solution, should be considered a use situation. two days. But a big battery comes with a certain degree of compromise.
If you want to charge quickly, the physical size of the battery must be much larger to meet the inflation thresholds and remain safe. Asus has avoided this by opting for a 18W charging solution – so it is much slower than the Huawei SuperCharge 40W you’ll find on the P30 Pro. But after hearing Asus’ reasoning for his choice, we think it’s a fair compromise. After all, given the life of the battery, it is unlikely that you will rush anxiously to the power outlet during the day. Night refills are perfect for a device of this type.
Asus Zenfone 6 – Software & Hardware
- Software – Android Pie 9.0 – Android Q & R updates promised
- Processor – Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 platform, 8GB RAM
- Storage – Up to 256GB storage, microSD expansion
- Smart Key to upper right (Google Assistant button)
- Battery – 5,000mAh battery capacity, 18W charge
- Connectivity – LTE Cat 18, no 5G
- Speakers – Stereo speakers
- 159.1 x 75.4 x 8.4-9.1mm; 190g
- Built-in 3.5mm jack
- IP waterproofing rating lacks
Asus Zenfone 6 – Specification
- Touch screen with a resolution of 1080×2340 pixels and a format of 19.5: 9.
- Asus ZenFone 6 (2019) is powered by a Snapdragon 855 octa-core processor. It comes with 8GB of RAM.
- For cameras, the Asus ZenFone 6 (2019) on the back has a 48-megapixel main camera with 1.79 aperture, a 1.6-micron pixel size and a second 13-megapixel camera . The configuration of the rear camera has a laser autofocus.
- The Asus ZenFone 6 (2019) uses Android 9 Pie and is powered by a 5,000 mAh battery. The Asus ZenFone 6 (2019) supports fast charge Quick Charge 4+.
- The Asus ZenFone 6 (2019) uses ZenUI based on Android 9 Pie and has 256 GB of integrated storage that can be extended via a microSD card (up to 200 GB) with a dedicated slot. The Asus ZenFone 6 (2019) is a dual SIM smartphone (GSM and GSM) that accepts Nano-SIM and Nano-SIM cards.
- The connectivity options of the Asus ZenFone 6 (2019) include Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, GPS, Bluetooth v5.00, NFC, USB Type-C, 3G and 4G some LTE networks in India) with the active 4G on both SIM cards. The phone’s sensors include the accelerometer, ambient light sensor, compass / magnetometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor and fingerprint sensor.
- The Asus ZenFone 6 (2019) measures 159.10 x 75.44 x 8.40 mm (height x width x thickness) and weighs 190.00 grams. It was launched in the colors Midnight Black and Twilight Silver. He wears a glass body.
Asus Zenfone 6 – Conclusion
Asus Zenfone 6 is a unique phone, in its own way, which takes some risks to get the re. That said, it offers leading hardware at a very affordable price, making it an alternative to the recently launched OnePlus 7 model. The full screen display, the gigantic battery, the powerful processor, the flip-flop camera and an almost standard Android interface make it an exciting phone that could sell like hotcakes if its price is right for the Indian market.