The space organization’s shadow network can transfer upto 91 gigabits per second or 91,000 megabits per second.
Some Facts To Know:
- NASA formed on July 29, 1958 (57 years ago), Headquarters in Washington, D.C.
- The NASA space internet connection is 14,000 times faster than your internet speed.
- The NASA space organization can transfer the 91 GB data per second means(6.6 megabits per second) and such an internet speed can’t provide for homes.
- For comparability, the typical broadband connection velocity within the U.S. is ten megabits per second or more than 13,000 times slower.
- The experiment utilized the ESnet, which allows a site to site file transfer at up to 100 gigabits per second, for two sites connected via ESnet. It doesn’t relate to regular internet access, at all.
- That speed was achieved on a particular connection between SC13 in Denver and the NASA Goddard facility in Maryland during an experiment.
- It’s not the internet speed. It’s like the Internet, but only connects a few research facilities and organizations around the world. It’s meant to share huge data files from science experiments.
NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration ) is the agency of the United States Federal Government responsible for the civilian space program. NASA was started in 1958 as a part of the United States government.
The Energy Sciences Network (ESnet) is a high-performance, unclassified national network built to support scientific research.
We hope you enjoy the article NASA Internet Speed → Internet Speed at NASA is 91 GBPS. Stay tuned for more updates.
Read Also: Top ten Movies based on Technology