Best Laptops For CAD Designing – Buying business laptops or laptops for school or university can be an easy task. But when we talk about buying a laptop for specific applications, such as the best laptops for CAD design and 3D modeling, you have to check many different things. These are the works that are done by professional designers using process-limiting software such as AutoCAD and various other heavy applications.
Although the processor and GPU are the most important factors in controlling the best laptops for CAD design, there are many more things, such as RAM, faster SSD storage and display. This type of software requires a desktop-style power supply in a laptop with a range of stellar specifications.
Let’s look at the laptops chosen by our notebook expert to end your search for the best laptops for CAD designs. Our list of Best Laptops For CAD Designing includes laptops in all budget constraints because we could not all afford these high-end laptops, especially students or beginners. So let’s start!
Laptops For CAD Designing Laptop Name Laptop Rank Laptop Rating Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon 1st 9.5 out of 10 Dell Inspiron 15 7000 2nd 9.4 out of 10 Dell XPS 15 3rd 9.3 out of 10 Apple 15″ MacBook Pro 4th 9.3 out of 10 MSI GE63 5th 9.2 out of 10 ASUS Zenbook Pro UX550VE 6th 9.2 out of 10 HP ZBook 15 G4 7th 9.1 out of 10 Acer Aspire VX 15 8th 9.1 out of 10 Acer Predator Helios 300 9th 9.0 out of 10 Asus VivoBook Pro 10th 8.9 out of 10
Best Laptops For CAD Designing
Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon (6th Gen) 20KH002RUS 14" WQHD (2560x1440) Ultrabook - Intel Core i7-8650U Processor, 16GB RAM, 512GB PCIe...
3 used from $2,249.77
- Intel Core i7-8650U Quad-core 1.90GHz (Up to 4.20GHz) Processor
- 16GB RAM, 512GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD
- 14" WQHD (2560x1440) IPS Anti-Glare Display, 300 nits
- Intel UHD Graphics 620, Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
- Backlit Keyboard, Fingerprint Reader, HD 720p IR Camera, Bluetooth 4.1 with vPro, HDMI, 2x USB-C (Thunderbolt 3), 2x USB
- 3.0, 4-in-1 MicroSD card reader
Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming Series Edition 7577 15.6-Inch Full HD Screen Laptop - Intel Quad-Core i7-7700HQ, 512GB SSD +...
- Powerful 7th-generation Intel Quad-Core i7-7700HQ 2.50 GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 3.80 GHz
- 16GB DDR4 2400MHz Memory, 512GB Solid State Drive M.2 + 1TB 5400 rpm Hard Drive
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5, Optical Drive Not included, Backlit Keyboard
- 15.6-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080) Anti-Glare LED-Backlit Display with IPS technology, HDMI 2.0
- Windows 10 Home (64-bit), 2-in1 Media Card Reader and USB 3.1, 802.11ac Wireless LAN + Bluetooth 4.2, Dual Band 2.4&5 GHz
Dell XPS9560-7001SLV-PUS 15.6" Thin Bezel Display, 7th Gen Core i7 (up to 3.8 GHz), 16GB, 512GB SSD, Nvidia Gaming GPU...
8 used from $1,391.55
- 7th Generation Intel Core i7-7700HQ Quad Core Processor (6M cache, up to 3.8 GHz)
- 16 GB DDR4-2400MHz up to 32GB (additional memory sold separately)
- 512GB PCIe Solid State Drive, No Optical Drive
- 15.6-inch 4K Ultra HD (3840 x 2160) InfinityEdge touch display
- Windows 10 Home 64bit English
Apple 15.4" MacBook Pro Laptop (Retina, Touch Bar, 2.6GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD Storage) Space Gray...
7 used from $2,189.00
- PERFORMANCE: 2.6GHz 6-core 8th-generation Intel Core i7 processor with Turbo Boost up to 4.3GHz, the MacBook Pro delivers speedy performance. Includes 16GB of memory so you can easily multi-task.
- STORAGE: MacBook Pro is slim and sleek with a 512GB SSD storage and features Radeon Pro 560X graphics.
- FORCE TOUCH: The Force Touch trackpad allows for precise cursor control with pressure sensing capabilities and the Taptic Engine provides haptic feedback that brings a sense of touch to what you see.
MSI GE63 Raider RGB-011 120Hz 3ms 94%NTSC Premium Gaming Laptop i7-8750H (6 cores) GTX 1060 6G, 16GB 256GB+1TB HDD, 15.6"
1 used from $1,539.00
- Display: 15.6" FHD (1920*1080), 120Hz 3ms Wide view 94%NTSC Color Anti-Glare | Operating System: Win 10 Multi-language
- Processor: Core i7-8750H Hexa-Core (6 Cores) 3.9 - 4.1GHz
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 6G GDDR5
- Memory (RAM): 16GB (8G*2) DDR4 2400MHz 2 Sockets; Max Memory 32GB | Storage: 256GB M.2 SATA + 1TB (7200RPM)
- Special Features: VR Ready | RGB A cover Aluminum Black | Killer Gaming Network E2500 | Steel Series per-Key RGB with Anti-Ghost key+ silver lining | USB 3.1 Gen2 Type C *1
Asus ZenBook Pro UX550VE-XH71 15.6" Full HD Notebook Computer, Intel Core i7-7700HQ 2.80GHz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX...
1 used from $1,499.77
- ASUS ZenBook Pro UX550VE-XH71 15.6" Full HD Notebook Computer - AC Adapter - ASUS 1 Year Carry-In/ Onsite Limited Warranty
- Processor: Intel Core i7-7700HQ Processor2.8GHz Quad-Core with Turbo Boost (up to 3.8GHz) and 6MB cache
- Operation System: Windows 10 Professional
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (1.8X faster than the previous generation)Video Memory Size: 4GB GDDR5 VRAM
- Display: 15.6" LED-backlit Full HD (1920 by 1080 16:9)7.3mm-thin bezel with 83% screen-to-body ratioWide 100% sRGB color gamut178 deg. wide-view technologyASUS Eye Care technology for up to 30% blue-light reduction
1 used from $2,020.94
- Full Product Specifications: Click to view
- Processor Manufacturer: Intel
- Processor Type: Xeon
- Processor Model: E3-1505M v6
- Processor Speed: 3 GHz
We hope that this top 10 best laptops for CAD designing will offer you the best laptop for your CAD designing work. We have not only mentioned the best laptops, but we have also covered all budgets to make it productive and useful for users with all budgets. So, it is now up to you to decide on your ideal laptop on our list.
Finally, we would like to advise all architects and architecture students not to buy a laptop every day. That said, because this is a one-time investment, we recommend increasing your budget before buying a laptop.
Tell us what you think of our article on the Best Laptops For CAD Designing by leaving your comments in the box below.
Top 10 Best Laptops For CAD Designing