MacX DVD Ripper Pro is used to rip any format at fast speed (5 min only to rip a full DVD) and original quality. It supports all known DVDs (new DVD, 99-title DVD, damaged & unplayable DVD) and rips DVD / ISO images in all formats, including DVD to MP4, H.264, HEVC/H.265, MOV, MPEG4, FLV, AVI, QT, MP3, etc. With 350+ preset profiles, the MacX DVD ripper makes it easy to convert DVDs for playback on iTunes, QuickTime, Apple iPhone, iPad, PS4, Android devices, TV, etc.
You can also clone DVD to ISO image at 1:1 ratio and copy DVD title to MPEG2 and MKV with all videos, audios, and subtitles.
The interface of MacX DVD Ripper Pro is smooth and well laid out. But personally, I think it needs a more 2D look to match the Apple design. It’s just a personal opinion and has nothing to do with it doing good or bad. One thing I would like to notice different is that when ‘ripping’ is done, the ripping-overlay cannot be moved to show the information below it. You can’t check anymore whether you opted for the ‘merge titles‘ or not.
Now, once initiated, you have to wait for the result rather than aborting the ripping and change your choice made. That’s the only flaw I can think of design wise. Apart from this, it covers every aspect of DVD Ripping and offers all possible decisions one might need. So happy with the interface layout, we examined the options in the menu. Options specify only output Folders and language, so quite basic one time settings.
This is just a full package of the developer’s website statements about their MacX DVD Ripper Pro. So it comes loaded with options available for a clean, quick and secure job.
- Convert DVD to iPhone, iPad, iPod, Apple TV – Rip DVD to iPhone X/8/8 Plus/7/7 Plus/SE/6s/6s Plus/6/5s/5, iPad Air/Air 2, iPad Mini 4/3/Mini with Retina display, iPad 4/3/2, iPad Pro, iPod touch 5/4, iPod classic, The new Apple TV, etc.
- DVD to Android Mobile/Pad, Microsoft, Sony Devices – Built in 350+ profiles and with new core technology, this MacX DVD Ripper Pro not only affords a perfect solution for Apple devices but also includes almost all popular multimedia devices, like Android smartphones, Amazon Kindle, Windows Laptops, etc.
- Trim, Crop, Merge, Add External Subtitle
- 1:1 Copy DVD to ISO Image, MKV, MPEG2 – The “Copy” feature lets you backup DVD with original video/audio quality in a few minutes. You can copy DVD on Mac based MacBook Pro/Air, Mac Mini and iMac 5K with lossless output quality and original 5.1 channels Dolby AC3/DTS audio.
- Upload DVD Videos to YouTube
- Extract Audio and Snapshot Images from DVD
- Advanced Tech to Optimize the Ripping Process
Working and Performance
According to their website claims, the MacX DVD Ripper Pro is the fastest DVD Ripper in the market currently. Well, we’re going to see if that statement is true or not. The interface is simple to work with and shows all the possible configurations. The decisions made for ripping may differ from person to person. It’s an all benefit application. It handles all DVD’s and rips any encryption or protected DVD.
Also in our Ripping test, an astonishing difference in ripping performance! It beats the competition by around 29% and 50 % and >100% faster! Examining other reviews, they all show the same results as we’ve just discussed. Now ripping time is one significant factor but the others are as important, which is the output quality provided. Besides high speed the output quality is excellent.
So, the MacX DVD Ripper Pro is undoubtedly one of the best DVD Rippers available in the market. It has all the options one demands for a clean and fast DVD-rip. In fact, MacX DVD Ripper is fast; it beats competitors with 29% – 100% faster ripping. High speed and excellent output quality make this app the one to buy. Its a fair price for an app that this good. It rips any encryption or protected disc and also does 1:1 copies. The acclaimed 5 minutes DVD rip is marketing and not realistic. The Trim and Crop options work well, as some competition lacks the ease of operation.