Los Angeles, USA , May 03, 2021 (News) — Cytomegalovirus Infection Emerging Drugs to Boost Treatment Prospects
A plethora of companies is evaluating their drug candidates resulting in a robust Cytomegalovirus Infection pipeline.
DelveInsight’s “Cytomegalovirus (CMV) Infection Pipeline Insight” report provides comprehensive insights about 11+ companies and 11+ pipeline drugs in the Cytomegalovirus Infection pipeline landscapes. It comprises Cytomegalovirus Infection pipeline drug profiles, including clinical and non-clinical stage products. It also includes the Cytomegalovirus Infection therapeutics assessment by product type, stage, route of administration, and molecule type and further highlights the inactive CMV Infection pipeline products.
Some of the key takeaways of the Cytomegalovirus Infection Pipeline Report
- Notable companies such as Synklino, SpyBiotech, VBI Vaccines, Microbiotix, Hookipa Biotech, Nobelpharma, Moderna, Takeda, AlphaVax, AlloVir, SL VAXiGEN, Helocyte, Trellis Bioscience, and others are developing potential drugs candidates to boost Cytomegalovirus Infection pipeline landscape.
- In December 2019, Moderna initiated a phase 2, randomized, observer-blind, placebo-controlled, dose-finding trial to evaluate the Safety and Immunogenicity of Cytomegalovirus Vaccine mRNA-1647 in Healthy Adults.
- In January 2020, Moderna announced additional positive phase 1 data from Cytomegalovirus (CMV) Vaccine (mRNA-1647). The vaccine was generally well-tolerated, and there were no vaccine-related serious adverse events (SAEs).
- In June 2020, Nobelpharma initiated a study titled “A Phase 2, Randomized, Double-Blind, placebo-Controlled Study of NPC-21 for Kidney Transplant Recipients at High-Risk of Cytomegalovirus Infection”. The primary objective of the study is to assess the efficacy and safety of NPC-21 when administered prophylactically to cytomegalovirus (CMV) seronegative patients receiving a first kidney transplant from a CMV seropositive donor. The study is anticipated to be completed by March 2022.
Get an overview of pipeline landscape @ Cytomegalovirus Infection Clinical Trials Analysis
Cytomegalovirus (CMV) Infection is a common virus, which spreads easily through an infected person’s saliva or other body fluids.
CMV Infection diagnosis includes blood tests and other body fluids. CMV Infection treatment comprises antiviral medications that are the most common type of treatment. They can slow the reproduction of the virus but cannot eliminate it.
Cytomegalovirus Infection Emerging Drugs
mRNA-1647 includes six mRNAs encoding two antigens in one vaccine and is developed to protect against CMV infection. Of the six mRNAs, five encode the subunits of the CMV pentamer complex, and one mRNA encodes the glycoprotein B (gB) protein, both of which are highly immunogenic. The pentamer complex is vital for CMV entry into a majority of cells, including epithelial cells, while gB is essential for entry into all susceptible cells, including fibroblasts. A vaccine that develops an immune response against both pentamer and gB has the potential to prohibit CMV entry into a range of target cell types and thus inhibit primary and congenital infections.
Research and Development Phase II NCT04232280: Moderna, in December 2019, commenced “A Phase 2, Randomized, Observer-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Dose-Finding Trial to Evaluate the Safety and Immunogenicity of Cytomegalovirus Vaccine mRNA-1647 in Healthy Adults”. This clinical study will evaluate the safety and immunogenicity of 3 dose levels of mRNA-1647 cytomegalovirus vaccine in CMV-seronegative and CMV-seropositive healthy adults 18-40 years of age.The trial is expected to get completed by May 2022, with an anticipated 452 enrolled participants.
Maribavir, an orally bioavailable anti-CMV compound, is in Phase 3 development for the treatment of post-transplant patients with CMV in SOT or HCT. Maribavir is an investigational treatment that has not been approved for use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), European Medicines Agency (EMA) or any other regulatory authorities. Maribavir is the only CMV antiviral drug that targets and inhibits the UL97 protein kinase and its natural substrates. Maribavir has been granted Orphan Drug Designation by the European Commission as a treatment of CMV disease in patients with impaired cell mediated immunity and by the FDA for treatment of clinically significant CMV viremia and disease in at-risk patients.
Research and Development Phase III NCT02927067: Takeda, in 2017, initiated a study titled “A Phase 3, Multicenter, Randomized, Double-blind, Double-dummy, Active-controlled Study to Assess the Efficacy and Safety of Maribavir Compared to Valganciclovir for the Treatment of Cytomegalovirus (CMV) Infection in Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant Recipients”. The purpose of this study is to compare the efficacy of maribavir to valganciclovir for the treatment of cytomegalovirus (CMV) infection in asymptomatic hematopoietic stem cell transplant (HSCT) recipients. The study is expected to be completed by July 2021.
For further information, refer to the detailed report @ Cytomegalovirus Infection Pipeline Therapeutics
Scope of Cytomegalovirus Infection Pipeline Drug Insight
- Coverage: Global
- Major Players: 11+ Key Players
- Prominent Players: Synklino, SpyBiotech, VBI Vaccines, Microbiotix, Hookipa Biotech, Nobelpharma, Moderna, Takeda, AlphaVax , AlloVir, SL VAXiGEN, Helocyte, Trellis Bioscience, and many others.
- Key Drugs Profiles: 11+Products
- Cytomegalovirus (CMV) Infection Therapies Late-stage (Phase III)
- Cytomegalovirus Infection Therapies Mid-stage (Phase II)
- Cytomegalovirus Infection Therapies Early-stage (Phase I)
- CMV Infection Pre-clinical stage and Discovery candidates
- Discontinued and Inactive candidates
- Mechanism of Action:
- DNA synthesis inhibitors; Ganciclovir kinase inhibitors
- Cell death stimulants
- Molecule Types:
- Small molecules
- Viral vaccines
- Route of Administration:
- Product Types:
Key Questions regarding Current Cytomegalovirus Infection Treatment Landscape and Emerging Therapies Answered in the Pipeline Report
- What are the current options for Cytomegalovirus (CMV) Infection treatment?
- How many companies are developing therapies for the treatment of Cytomegalovirus Infection?
- How many are Cytomegalovirus Infection emerging therapies in the early-stage, mid-stage, and late development stages to treat CMV Infection?
- What are the key collaborations (Industry-Industry, Industry-Academia), Mergers and acquisitions, and significant licensing activities that will impact the Cytomegalovirus Infection market?
- Which are the dormant and discontinued products and the reasons for the same?
- What is the unmet need for current therapies for the treatment of CMV Infection?
- What are the current novel therapies, targets, mechanisms of action, and technologies developed to overcome the limitation of existing Cytomegalovirus Infection therapies?
- What are the critical designations that have been granted for the emerging therapies for CMV Infection?
- How many patents are granted and pending for the emerging therapies to treat Cytomegalovirus Infection?
Table of Contents
|1||Cytomegalovirus (CMV) Infection Report Introduction|
|2||Cytomegalovirus Infection Executive Summary|
|3||Cytomegalovirus (CMV) Infection Overview|
|4||CMV Infection – Analytical Perspective In-depth Commercial Assessment|
|5||Cytomegalovirus Infection Pipeline Therapeutics|
|6||Cytomegalovirus (CMV) Infection Late Stage Products (Phase III)|
|7||Cytomegalovirus Infection Mid Stage Products (Phase II)|
|8||CMV Infection Early Stage Products (Phase I)|
|8.1||VBI-1501: VBI Vaccines|
|9||Cytomegalovirus Infection Preclinical Stage Products|
|10||Cytomegalovirus (CMV) Infection Therapeutic Assessment|
|11||Cytomegalovirus Infection Inactive Products|
|12||Company-University Collaborations (Licensing/Partnering) Analysis|
|13||Cytomegalovirus Infection Key Companies|
|14||Cytomegalovirus Infection Key Products|
|15||Cytomegalovirus (CMV) Infection Unmet Needs|
|16||Cytomegalovirus Infection Market Drivers and Barriers|
|17||Cytomegalovirus Infection Future Perspectives and Conclusion|
|18||Cytomegalovirus (CMV) Infection Analyst Views|
Get a customised pipeline report @ Cytomegalovirus Infection Drugs Pipeline Report
DelveInsight’s Cytomegalovirus Infection – Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast – 2030 report provides a detailed understanding of historical and forecasted epidemiology.
DelveInsight’s Cytomegalovirus (CMV) Infection – Epidemiology Forecast 2030 report delivers an in-depth understanding of the disease, historical, and forecasted epidemiology of Cytomegalovirus (CMV) Infection in the United States, EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom), and Japan.
Catheter-Related Bloodstream Infection Market Research Report present a detailed analysis of the market listing Catheter-Related Bloodstream Infection Epidemiology, Drug therapies.
DelveInsight’ s BK virus (BKV) Infection – Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast – 2030 report provides a detailed overview of the disease and a depth understanding of historical and forecasted epidemiology.
DelveInsight’s Chronic Hepatitis Delta Virus (HDV) Infection – Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast – 2030 report provides a detailed overview of the disease and a depth understanding of historical and forecasted epidemiology.
DelveInsight is a leading Business Consultant and Market Research firm focused exclusively on life sciences. It supports Pharma companies by providing comprehensive end-to-end solutions to improve their performance. It also proffers Healthcare Consulting Services, which benefits in market analysis to accelerate the business growth and overcome challenges with a practical approach.
- Check the latest Health news updates and information.
- Please share this news Cytomegalovirus Infection Emerging Drugs to Boost Treatment with your friends and family to support us your one share helps us a lot.
For Latest News Follow us on Google News
- Show all
- Trending News
- Popular By week